Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How did you find MT.O, and what kept you here? 11040

Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,169 North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: How did you find MT.O, and what kept you here?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »
Wow! This thread predates Mr. Whippy!

I found
 www.multitool.org

when looking for information on my Sears Craftsman locking multitool (Kershaw A100).  It came back from Peru (July 08) with rust on the saw.  I knew there used to be replacement saw blades but couldn't find them at Sears.

I didn't join.  Then, in September of 08, my wife gave me a Skeletool for my Birthday.  I was really impressed and wanted to give them as gifts at Christmas.  I decided to check some reviews on the tool before giving them and found

forum.mulititool.org

It was amazing (back in the hey day of the Benner,NKB and MickyD show  ;)).  I joined almost immediately.  Shortly after joining it dawned on me that www.multitool.org and forum.multitool.org were in fact connected. :sa:

Within a few weeks, it became my most visited internet forum.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:45:25 PM by Mr. Whippy »

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,075
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »
And I found it while I was searching for ..... a Micra review or a Style CS review... anyway, one of the keychain multi tools :D
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,788 Bored

dks cy

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
I too think I was looking into some info about this unknown to anybody I knew but interesting sounding Micra tool that I read about in BF that could replace SAKs  :ahhh.

I did a search for reviews/tests/info and found the main site... then after a few months of reading through the forums and finding nothing mentioned to piss me of  :rant:, like in most forums  ::), I joined and I think my first post was a Review of something.

:pok: Grant, this thread (mainly the original part with the so much more innocent and younger Mods chatting) would make a great addition to the "History of MT. org" thread.  :think:

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,037
How did you find MT.O, and what kept you here?
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
Actually Rex aka sazabi told me of this place. We meet on EDCF and well I just stayed. I still visit other ground from time to time but this place is so well rounded and friendly I call it home. The fact that it is a family friendly forum and the only real bad word you see is "smurf" is a big plus in my book. Even in the break room where topics get heated at times, it still stays low keyed. I enjoy this place and I don't think I'll leave anytime lately.
No Life Club Posts: 4,121 "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
I came over here from SOSAK.  So most of the members I've already known.  Plus, the "leadership" are truly good, decent, just,and honorable people.  Unlike other forums that may pontificate"honor",but in reality, their definition of that is:"All bow before me and kiss my 'smurf'!!"
I love this place and its leadership!!!! :salute:

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,694 The MTO handshake.
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »
I blame my wife for buying me a Surge for my birthday 4 years ago , followed by Mr. Google & then finally I blame Grant  :P :D :D.

Leatherman got me here the GREAT people make it impossible too leave  :ahhh :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,741 SAK Surgeon
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »
Grant's autodialer made its way through the Canadian listings to me and promised that I'd won a million dollars, and I just had to log on to www.multitool.org to collect my prize.

Well turns out I love MT's and SAKS so I hung around the place! :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:12:56 PM by Syph007 »

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,551 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
:pok: Grant, this thread (mainly the original part with the so much more innocent and younger Mods chatting) would make a great addition to the "History of MT. org" thread.  :think:

That's one of the reasons I brought back this old one rather than starting a new one!  :D

I came over here from SOSAK.  So most of the members I've already known.  Plus, the "leadership" are truly good, decent, just,and honorable people.  Unlike other forums that may pontificate"honor",but in reality, their definition of that is:"All bow before me and kiss my 'smurf'!!"
I love this place and its leadership!!!! :salute:

Wait, you mean I can get people to kiss my smurf?  I don't think people realize that any idiot can start a website.  Just because I did and someone else has the sense not to doesn't make me special or important.  I never understood the whole "I own a website, worship me" angle that a lot of others seem to adhere to.   ::)

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,909 Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
I was pointed this way by Airballrad from another forum, where there was a thread discussing multitools. As I seemed to be a sick addict already, Airballrad probably figured I'd fit right in.

I stayed because (okay, everyone get your hankies out) the forum has proven in short time that it welcomes noobs like me with open arms, and has an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience among its active members.
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,551 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2012, 08:25:57 PM »
Everyone here (including me, believe it or not!  :P) was a noob at one point.  Everyone had a first post, and everyone was under a hundred posts for a while.  Does that mean they don't have anything to contribute?

If we ever start acting that way I'm pulling the plug on the place.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,241 AKA Knife Crazied
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
I'm not sure how I got here but many things have kept me here. The people, mods, discussions, ect. I also like that I don't get an infraction everytime I turn around. :tu:

Sent from Ash forum mobile
No Life Club Posts: 2,538 There is no spoon
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
How did you find MT.O

A bit dodgy

and what kept you here?

It wasn't too dodgy

:D

Never underestimate the power of the fleece
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
I'm not sure how I got here but many things have kept me here. The people, mods, discussions, ect. I also like that I don't get an infraction everytime I turn around. :tu:

Sent from Ash forum mobile

Don't worry, we are keeping track of them all, we are just too lazy to give them to you.  :P

Def

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,538
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »
Like others I stumbled across MTO doing some research. I stayed because of the the good people and relaxed atmosphere. I`ve been around some forums and left most of them. MTO is the best for me. I got got several thousand post with absolutely no substanse. I would have been banned at most forums for that.

What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast
No Life Club Posts: 2,021 When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
Like others I stumbled across MTO doing some research. I stayed because of the the good people and relaxed atmosphere.

Ditto.
I too decided it was time to buy a multitool, and this place got me hooked :P

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.
Hero Member Posts: 760
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
I was researching and looking to buy a Gerber Diesel at the time and I wound up here . I owned a few MT's before joining and was glad to see others who enjoyed them as well.

Erick
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,459 Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2012, 01:53:38 AM »
I was doing a bit of research trying to decide what to get for my second SAK, and stumbled across the Swiss Forum.  I found some very nice and helpful people here, and liked the laid-back attitude, so I stayed, made a trade or two, and got sucked in  :ahhh .  I started off here with only a Tinker and a Blast.  Those two have become fruitful and multiplied in a big way.  :)

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 02:01:16 AM »
It's great to hear the stories from everyone.  Consiering in the early days I was doubting this site would get very far it's interesting to look back on it after the six years or so and see how far we've come.

I've always been an idea guy, and i have this philosophy with my ideas.  If I come up with something that no one else has done before, it's due to one of two reasons.  One, I may have actually been the first person to think of it, which is a bit too egotistical for me to take seriously, and Two- others have thought of it and dismissed it as dumb and/or not worth the effort to do.

I'm not going to say which category I think we fall into, but it is amazing when something accidentally goes right!  :D

Def

Hero Member Posts: 717 Tupperware Hunter
Re: Re: How did you find MT.O, and what kept you here?
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
Like others I stumbled across MTO doing some research. I stayed because of the the good people and relaxed atmosphere. I`ve been around some forums and left most of them. MTO is the best for me. I got got several thousand post with absolutely no substanse. I would have been banned at most forums for that.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me, too.

Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy
Full Member Posts: 129
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
I found out about this site from EDCForums, following post by Metropolicity and another member I can't think of now. I love all of the tinkering people do with their MTs  :sak: and after reading the car boot finds I knew I had to stick around.
No Life Club Posts: 1,637 Desk Jockey
Someone mentioned it on her YouTube video
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »
Ash mentioned it in her video about her modded Farmer from a member here.

I'll be darned if I can remember the modder's name (Steve?) but I did remember 'multitool.org'.

I'm a member of bladeforums and knifeforums, but I find I'm more interested in SAKs and pliers-based tools than of just pure knives. Most knife fora seem to revolve around those who are interested in knives as weapons or potential weapons. But that is not what I use a knife for, and the tactical fantasies get kind of old after a while.

As for it keeping me here, we'll see about that, but it looks good from what I've seen in the 20 minutes or so I've been a member, hehehe.

-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,446 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:48 PM »
Hold onto your wallet Smaug. Before you know it, you will be hip deep in MTs and SAKs!  :D

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
No Life Club Posts: 1,265
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »
How did I find this place and what keeps me here? I ask myself the same thing every time I stumble on a pic of Def in a dress. Naw but I do enjoy multitools and people to share them with!

Stay multi my friends
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,555

Zed gb

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
I cant remember how i even found MTO now  :think:  :D  but i remember i just sold my old wave and then for some reason found MTO and then got it back from the guy i sold it too  :D well since being on here ive tried many a MT and SAK and made many good friends, i even think ive got to the point of being pretty happy with my new set up  ::)   :D  All i can say is long live MTO and everyone that sails on her, plus a big huge thanks to everyone who has helped me out over the years (you know who you are )  :cheers:
Newbie Posts: 46
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
I fount MTO doing a google search on proper upkeep of my surge, and have stayed because i have become quite addicted to the little things.

Bok bok therapy cranes!! Booooooook!!!!
No Life Club Posts: 1,473
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
I was trying to decide whether to get Squirt P4 or Juice S2 as my first mt and than I found reviews on main page and after that I discovered the forum.
No Life Club Posts: 2,021 When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
I fount MTO doing a google search on proper upkeep of my surge, and have stayed because i have become quite addicted to the little things.

You just wrote "surge" and "little" in the same sentence.
Is that like deviding by zero?
 :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.
Newbie Posts: 46
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:47 AM »
You're right! I guess I mean "little" as in "slightly smaller than my truck"  :rofl: they reqlly should make a self-propelled wheel attachment for the surge  :tu:

Bok bok therapy cranes!! Booooooook!!!!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,037
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2012, 04:27:46 AM »
Ash mentioned it in her video about her modded Farmer from a member here.

I'll be darned if I can remember the modder's name (Steve?) but I did remember 'multitool.org'.

I'm a member of bladeforums and knifeforums, but I find I'm more interested in SAKs and pliers-based tools than of just pure knives. Most knife fora seem to revolve around those who are interested in knives as weapons or potential weapons. But that is not what I use a knife for, and the tactical fantasies get kind of old after a while.

As for it keeping me here, we'll see about that, but it looks good from what I've seen in the 20 minutes or so I've been a member, hehehe.

That modder would be me ;) I think.
Hero Member Posts: 828 Rite of )+( Passage
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »
Like many other members I came over here from SOSAK.. I remember someone posted a link to MT.O in the SOSAK's New Mod Index, but the URL was wrong and it linked to a nonrelated topic  :facepalm:  Sometimes I think it was made on purpose because I ended up reading several topics until eventually I found the mod I was looking for, but it was already too late and have stayed here since then..  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $132.48
PayPal Fees: $7.93
Net Balance: $124.55
Below Goal: $175.45
Site Currency: USD
42%