Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco Delica Knock Off? £1.61

gb Offline daverobson

Spyderco Delica Knock Off? £1.61
on: May 30, 2014, 10:51:49 PM
Here's a Spyderco lookalike for £1.61
(I'm not sure how long it would last though)

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-327683/tool-net-hi-viz.html?gclid=CO2Op9LA1L4CFaQIwwod3BQAKw

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:55:18 PM by daverobson »

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Spyderco Delica Knock Off? £1.61
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 10:53:46 PM
Interesting...who's going to be the one to risk it :think:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:29 PM
Not Me   :ahhh

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:21:26 PM
Or me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:30:03 PM
I just got the real thing and that one is obviously complete junk! :td:
SAW

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:34 PM
Looking at that picture is actually making me angry!  I want to take a hammer and smash that stupid little orange dot right out of it.  :viking:

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 12:01:20 AM
If it didn't look so cheap, I might actually consider it.
But... It looks cheap! Calling it a knock off Delica is almost an insult to Spyderco - to me, it looks like... like... a plastic prop, for a theater.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 12:02:00 AM
Looking at that picture is actually making me angry!  I want to take a hammer and smash that stupid little orange dot right out of it.  :viking:

Derek,mate,it's no good. You need to go back to de-caf!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 12:09:20 AM

Derek,mate,it's no good. You need to go back to de-caf!
NEVER!!!!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 01:07:23 AM
I'm drinking a NOS energy drink, going to have a few beers after that's done, and play the new Mariokart!!! :woohoo:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 01:30:38 AM
I'm drinking a NOS energy drink, going to have a few beers after that's done, and play the new Mariokart!!! :woohoo:

Won't the beers cancel out the NOS?  :think:  I have that problem sometimes when I'm drinking coffee and take my pain meds.....  As to the knife here, in the description it says "Length 58mm".  That's more in Ladybug territory, the Delica is much larger than that.  Even if the 58mm is blade length, this is a little sucker for sure.  Plus it's a bit fugly with that orange plastic on the blade......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 04:48:28 AM
Here's a Spyderco lookalike for £1.61
(I'm not sure how long it would last though)

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-327683/tool-net-hi-viz.html?gclid=CO2Op9LA1L4CFaQIwwod3BQAKw

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like a knockoff Ladybug to me. I bought something similar to that many years ago for a couple bucks in check-out line at a gas station.  I put it on my keyring with my cheapo LED flashlight that I had bought in the checkout line at the AAA when I bought my first truck. That pair was my first "EDC". I don't have the flashlight anymore, but I still have the knife, or what's left of it... It eventually wore out- the handle behind the lock's pin split and fell off, so it got retired. (You can see that in the first pic.) Mine had an eagle symbol on it, and I have seen the same mark on some full sized Delica knock offs at flea markets years ago.  I ended up buying a real Ladybug later (and a Delica), so I guess you could say the "Eagleco" knife was as much of an advertisement as competition. :D

00 Offline gorbag

• Tapatalk User
Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 07:23:06 AM
Guy I work with has one, and to put it bluntly- complete doo doo.  I suspect a palsied monkey ground the edge on, and the fitting of the knife was probably done by his drunk cousin.

The world belongs to the funkiest.

The world belongs to the funkiest.

us Offline Rux

Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 08:33:11 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/seller?q=tool-net.co.uk

Overall customer rating 4.6 out of 5 stars with 71 reviews in the past 12 months.

Who are they paying to rate this POS? lol

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 09:07:08 PM
Rad the small print under the product photo " This image is for illustrative purposes only "  :ahhh

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 11:36:26 PM
I have several of them (ordered a batch of 3 from a UK-Seller) in various of my tool-boxes.

It´s wobbly plastik-stuff, but it´s great for work where there is a chance to ruin a better knife. Not counting the knifes i lost myself at customers places, or the ones that were taken from my toolboxes without asking me or bringing them back. Also a no-brainer if someone asks to loan a knife.

But it works good enough to cut tubes/hoses, to scratch dirt from corners or surfaces, and other stuff like that. And it´s ultra lightweight, not bad if all your pockets are already loaded with heavy tools. Additional, if it may vanish some day, it´s no loss. Before them i used a Buck that "got legs on it´s own" in my private main tool-trolley, and a "Camel-Titanium" in my pockets at work, due to its slim shape and it´s leightweight. Both not OHO and more smurf if lost or dropped from several meters high on a industrial ground (usually painted/coated concrete).

These orange things are definatly nothing i would carry on my belt, but OK for some tasks.

Regarding it´s size - folded the orange handle is 10,3cm, the complete blade is 6,6cm with a cutting edge of 5,7cm.  Original it may be a few mm more, i rounded the tip a little bit for an easier arguing if the legal factor needs to be discussed (one hand opening and locking is not allowed, unless you have a "reason" like work needs ..... but if it is OK or not is still a grey area due to the point of view of the controlling person)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:41:27 PM by Lichtbote »
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20