Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show off your Sak mod's!

Offline Berndstein

Re: Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #5610 on: June 15, 2021, 06:45:30 PM
I'm an awful photographer, so I apologize for that in advance. It's actually my very first Victorinox mod, although I've had some experience modding my Leatherman tools.
I used the metal file and one hand opening knife from a Locksmith and added them to my Outrider. Scales are from a GAK3. Clip is a generic Benchmade deep carry clip. Blades are acid etched and stonewashed.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #5611 on: June 15, 2021, 07:39:06 PM
Wow,,, that is superb looking!!!  :like:
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #5612 on: June 16, 2021, 01:26:42 AM
Awesome mod Berndstein :like:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #5613 on: June 16, 2021, 07:51:13 AM
Great mods everybody....... Really, really good

I particularly liked FInixNOver colour scheme - Jaya's Master Ranger is just an awsome tooolset

pt Offline FInixNOver

Reply #5614 on: June 16, 2021, 08:30:39 AM
Great mods everybody....... Really, really good

I particularly liked FInixNOver colour scheme - Jaya's Master Ranger is just an awsome tooolset
Thank you sir!
I really like it as well

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #5615 on: June 16, 2021, 04:09:27 PM
Thanks Huntsman :hatsoff:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #5616 on: June 17, 2021, 03:55:22 PM
Consequences of building an alox mod with 2in1 layer (inline phillips opposite 2 openers) is that I’m bound to have leftovers parts just short of a Pioneer… I decided to build a custom Settler w/ warncliffe blade… It’s also a perfect opportunity to use pivot barrels that I somehow managed to incorrectly cut down to length in the past … also used the washer spacer which I overenlarged the pivot hole by accident… Hate to see things go to waste…glad I didn’t throw them away…

:cheers:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:57:10 AM by jaya_man »

Offline ComboTool

Reply #5617 on: June 20, 2021, 02:16:53 PM
Here's a bunch of mods which I nickname "the 3.5 club" (they have 4 backsprings and two internal liners so I can't decide if they're 3- or 4-layer SAKs). I find this size the largest that fits comfortably in the jeans fifth pocket (although I have since mostly switched to 84mm).
The green and yellow ones have been described here and here in earlier incarnations but this is their final form (and they exchanged their colors during the process). The blue scaled one is a Compact with Cybertool bit driver, which many modders have already described in this forum.
Besides the main blade and scissors, they all have what I consider necessary for my EDC, in different forms:
- flathead screwdriver (either as separate openers or combo tool)
- Phillips screwdriver (inline, backside or bit driver)
- nail file (84mm, hook or metal saw)
Each one also has one or several of the following tools that I find useful but not necessary: awl, wood saw, metal saw, hex and torx bits, corkscrew.
IMG_6578.JPG
* IMG_6578.JPG (Filesize: 230.46 KB)
IMG_6579.JPG
* IMG_6579.JPG (Filesize: 245.22 KB)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 04:25:54 PM by ComboTool »

Offline ComboTool

Reply #5618 on: June 20, 2021, 02:21:37 PM
Two larger 93mm based mods: the titanium one I call Ranger (because it has the same tool selection as the 91mm Ranger except of course for the backside tools). In this line of thought the silver one would be an Alox Master Craftsman (Ranger with Phillips), but that doesn't quite roll off the tongue so suggestions are welcome.
IMG_6580.JPG
* IMG_6580.JPG (Filesize: 190.77 KB)
IMG_6581.JPG
* IMG_6581.JPG (Filesize: 241.65 KB)
IMG_6582.JPG
* IMG_6582.JPG (Filesize: 194.02 KB)
IMG_6583.JPG
* IMG_6583.JPG (Filesize: 162.86 KB)

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #5619 on: June 20, 2021, 03:28:25 PM
Two larger 93mm based mods: the titanium one I call Ranger (because it has the same tool selection as the 91mm Ranger except of course for the backside tools). In this line of thought the silver one would be an Alox Master Craftsman (Ranger with Phillips), but that doesn't quite roll off the tongue so suggestions are welcome.

Oh they are just Beautiful. What about the Astro-Ranger? Wasn’t the Master Craftsman also known as the Astronaut? Or the Aloxonaut! It is kinda space age looking. 
We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #5620 on: June 20, 2021, 03:36:31 PM
I’ve been toying with this build in my head for a while and then it came to me that it would be a perfect gift for my dad on Fathers Day. I was thinking of calling it simply the “Cutter” as it has most of the standard cutting tools except for scissors - both blades, woodsaw, metal saw, corkscrew (couldn’t avoid it), chisel and awl. But it sounds a bit sinister. The alternative was the “Shedmate” as the idea was to have everything you could need in one place for all those slicey dicey activities you might encounter doing a bit of DIY.
I’m pleased with it. Very slim in the hand. Hope my dad likes it. The thought occurs to me that this is the first time I’ve “made” him a present in nearly 50 years!
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Offline ComboTool

Reply #5621 on: June 20, 2021, 04:08:09 PM
Oh they are just Beautiful. What about the Astro-Ranger? Wasn’t the Master Craftsman also known as the Astronaut? Or the Aloxonaut! It is kinda space age looking.
I like where this is going... Meet the Space Ranger!
IMG_6590.JPG
* IMG_6590.JPG (Filesize: 100.72 KB)
IMG_6591.JPG
* IMG_6591.JPG (Filesize: 116.98 KB)
IMG_6592.JPG
* IMG_6592.JPG (Filesize: 131.73 KB)
IMG_6593.JPG
* IMG_6593.JPG (Filesize: 102.46 KB)

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #5622 on: June 20, 2021, 04:47:56 PM
I like where this is going... Meet the Space Ranger!

That’s the one! The Space Ranger (AKA the Buzz Lightyear?)… Now who do I have to kill/what planet do I have to invade to get one?
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Offline ComboTool

Reply #5623 on: June 20, 2021, 07:54:08 PM
That’s the one! The Space Ranger (AKA the Buzz Lightyear?)… Now who do I have to kill/what planet do I have to invade to get one?
Indeed, I had Buzz Lightyear in mind  ;) It's funny, I had never thought of it but now you mentioned it I can't unsee how silver Alox looks like a spacesuit.
Mine is certainly not available but it's a pretty straightforward mod and certainly not unique (Jaya_man made the same here) so you may come across one or make your own someday.

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #5624 on: June 20, 2021, 08:29:45 PM
Nice work CT. One of these days I’ll feel capable of the jump to alox modding. The Space Ranger will definitely be on the wish list then. :hatsoff:
Morituri Nolumus Mori

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #5625 on: June 23, 2021, 01:15:25 PM
Nice work guys   :like:

Online Helvetica Bold

Reply #5626 on: June 24, 2021, 11:54:46 AM
I’ve been toying with this build in my head for a while and then it came to me that it would be a perfect gift for my dad on Fathers Day. I was thinking of calling it simply the “Cutter” as it has most of the standard cutting tools except for scissors - both blades, woodsaw, metal saw, corkscrew (couldn’t avoid it), chisel and awl. But it sounds a bit sinister. The alternative was the “Shedmate” as the idea was to have everything you could need in one place for all those slicey dicey activities you might encounter doing a bit of DIY.
I’m pleased with it. Very slim in the hand. Hope my dad likes it. The thought occurs to me that this is the first time I’ve “made” him a present in nearly 50 years!

Can’t beat a double saw combo. Great mod, I’m sure he’s very happy with it - I would be.  :tu:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #5627 on: June 24, 2021, 12:06:08 PM
Great mods Jud65 and ComboTool :like: :hatsoff:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #5628 on: July 03, 2021, 05:56:59 AM
Ok, got a question only a true SAK mod lover on this forum can appreciate. Which two blade Wenger SAK mod is best. One with locking serrated blade with inline 3D Phillips and wrench that is a slightly slimmer 4 layer VS one with locking plain edge blade with inline 2D Phillips, wood saw and file as a 5 layer mod. Not a die hard Buck fan, just like the scales and you used to be able to grab them cheap on eBay.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #5629 on: July 03, 2021, 11:46:49 PM
Both fantastic .....  :salute:       I've always liked the Bucks (...and Wengers) as something a little different!    :D

As always with MTs  ...... Depends what on your needs and preferences  :tu:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #5630 on: July 04, 2021, 06:28:02 PM
Thanks, I think Buck missed a perfect opportunity back in the day, if they would offered unique versions of the SwissBuck with more diverse tool sets then who knows, we might have had more competition in the US market and far more SAKs to mod today.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #5631 on: July 11, 2021, 09:05:25 PM
Finally got round to building one of my dream SAKs - an Electrician X.

Scales from a black Pioneer (or maybe Farmer) that have been sitting in my bits box for a few years.  Electrician and Pioneer X tool donors and pivots from DE Custom Forge.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5632 on: July 12, 2021, 12:39:32 PM
Finally got round to building one of my many people's dream SAKs - an Electrician X.

Scales from a black Pioneer (or maybe Farmer) that have been sitting in my bits box for a few years.  Electrician and Pioneer X tool donors and pivots from DE Custom Forge.

FTFY.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #5633 on: July 14, 2021, 09:41:30 PM
 :like:

I still haven’t made the leap to Alox but I have been spending the last couple of days playing around with bits and bobs in my spare parts bin. This is the combination of some leftovers and an irrational desire to do a 3 layer build - no more, no less. Huntsman sans opener layer… maybe a Camper X? It’s a nice slim thing. Fun to make.
Morituri Nolumus Mori

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #5634 on: July 14, 2021, 10:02:46 PM
Fantastic mods guys  :like:

us Offline Adam5

Reply #5635 on: July 17, 2021, 02:39:04 AM
Finally got round to building one of my dream SAKs - an Electrician X.

That's nice!

Offline Berndstein

Reply #5636 on: July 19, 2021, 02:11:53 PM
The evolution of the German Army Knife.
From Top to Bottom: GAK1, GAK2, GAK3 and, you guessed it GAK4. To the side, the duty knife of the German Federal Police.
And, hence why I post this here: My personal take on an ideal Army Knife.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

fr Offline hulk.

Reply #5637 on: July 26, 2021, 10:19:20 AM
if that inspires you , my last mod

spartan lite with no corkscrew ,91 mm ,2 layers , Ti 1.5mm

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5638 on: July 26, 2021, 10:33:59 AM
Very creative/original design hulk  :like: Clever using the Ti as a backbone for the SAK. Can you post a few more pics?  :tu:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

Offline ComboTool

Reply #5639 on: July 26, 2021, 11:30:11 AM
Very original and it looks great. How does it feel in the hand?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%