Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show off your Sak mod's!

Offline Tinker88

• New User
Re: Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #6210 on: March 28, 2024, 04:02:45 AM
First post. The community inspires!  Could not find anything online about making a SAK scale tool nail file to fit in the slots. I am making one from a 58 mm sak copy.  Removed the file (x design on one side and the 2 thin lines on the other).  It’s cut and filed to fit.  It needs the nail pull still. Thinking about a mold with jb weld that can be filed to shape.  I would love your thoughts and ideas.   My photo seemed too large to post. 

us Offline Enginears

Reply #6211 on: March 28, 2024, 04:46:49 AM
First post. The community inspires!  Could not find anything online about making a SAK scale tool nail file to fit in the slots. I am making one from a 58 mm sak copy.  Removed the file (x design on one side and the 2 thin lines on the other).  It’s cut and filed to fit.  It needs the nail pull still. Thinking about a mold with jb weld that can be filed to shape.  I would love your thoughts and ideas.   My photo seemed too large to post.

Hey Tinker, welcome. Yes the community here is great and in this thread alone is a tome of great mods going back years. I have not made a file to fit in the slot as you describe, but I did a file scale tool once and to make the nail pull I used a piece of a scale super glued to the end of the file. This may be quicker and easier than the JB weld, although that sounds like it would work too. If you go back through my post attachments there are some pics of the scale file I made. 

us Offline Enginears

Reply #6212 on: April 05, 2024, 07:03:47 PM
Made some tweaks to blade shape on my compact modeler. 
IMG_6686-compressed.jpg
* IMG_6686-compressed.jpg (Filesize: 265.18 KB)

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #6213 on: April 17, 2024, 04:21:30 AM
Saw a mod like this on eBay a while back and had to give it a try. The GAK2 wood saw, can/bottle-opener, file is not the most practical combo tool on a 108 mm. Shortening for a 93 mm probably even makes less sense, but I just had to do it if for no other reason but to watch my friends face when I offer it to them to open beer bottles.   :cheers:

* IMG_4128.jpg (Filesize: 131.06 KB)

* IMG_4126.jpg (Filesize: 216.99 KB)

* IMG_4125.jpg (Filesize: 217.48 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #6214 on: April 17, 2024, 05:20:16 AM
 :like:
 :cheers:
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21