Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you protect your smart phones?

kirk13 · 71 · 6828

Offline zimchaz

Re: How do you protect your smart phones?
Reply #60 on: December 21, 2014, 07:02:48 PM
Screen protector and a gel case for my S5 for daily use but I will be getting a pelican micro case for when it goes in my bergan on training exercises.

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #61 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:56 AM
Shameful confession: I am the deadbeat dad of cellphones.

At least the first one wasn't my fault. I had my cheap flip phone in my tool belt, which was sitting on the utility trailer. When I came back, I found the tool belt still on the utility trailer, but also under a running generator manifold. My phone was -- I kid you not -- a puddle of molten plastic with some decorative circuit boards in it.

The second one learned that it couldn't survive a 40 km/h landing on a stripped-for-construction highway. Well, maybe it had a chance, but we'll never know, because it certainly couldn't survive the 190-pound man who landed on top of it at exactly the same speed.

The third one did not enjoy a cold mug of Lapsang Souchong one little bit. Not even after eight hours. It did smell pleasantly like smoked pine afterwards, though.

My current smartphone sometimes lives in a cheap silicase. This is the only case I have ever found for it, because the contractor-grade Samsung Galaxy Rugby LTE is already a beefy son of a bitch without a case. It's doing really well, too. At this rate, it'll be my first phone to survive an entire contract.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: December 22, 2014, 09:20:35 AM
It's nice that this thread is still running long after I took a lump hammer to the phone I'd wanted to protect :dd:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: December 22, 2014, 09:27:46 AM
It's nice that this thread is still running long after I took a lump hammer to the phone I'd wanted to protect :dd:

The thread lasted longer then your phone.  :rofl:

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer

us Offline English333

Reply #65 on: December 29, 2014, 07:58:47 PM
Survivor case for the iPhone. The only way to go. It does make a large phone even bigger but when working a physical job and/or outdoorsman type it's a must. I've dropped mine on gravel, concrete, rocks, into mud. Even grazed it with a chainsaw once though my jeans. Smurfing indestructible.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #66 on: January 25, 2015, 08:57:48 PM
So I finally got a proper smartphone almost a month ago .... and yes, the protection issue... has been an issue :D Tha damn thing is huge, 5.3" or so. I couldn't find a case for it in any smartphone store in the city, not even the one where I bought it. lol. The very smartphone comes with a sort of a... flap for the screen, but the back panel and the camera remain unprotected. So i went to a leather goods shop and fiiinally got something. A huge leather pouch with a zipper. It does the job of covering the phone, although it's far from being N1 prettiest leather piece in the world. So yeah, I protect it by ... wrapping it up in leather. And being careful with it. How come they make such huge phones and no cases for them

us Offline Neko2

• I have too many and not enough.
Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 12:05:22 AM
I get a $8-$12 case on Amazon and a tempered glass protector.
Less than an Otter Box and better made (I've broken 2 $50 Otters but never a "cheap" one).

I dropped my phone hard enough to shatter the protector but the phone is just fine.

us Offline Nenavist

Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 01:02:16 AM
I use a Griffin Survivor All-Terrain for my Iphone 6. The case is not water proof but I like it more than my old Otterbox water proof case I had on my Iphone 4s.
Looking for a Red Alox Rambler

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #69 on: March 02, 2015, 06:53:19 PM
On my iPhone 5s I use a stock Apple leather case.
But if I had known better I invested in the Lunatik tiktak two years ago.
I think it is pointless to buy one now because I don't think I will own this one very long. Probably upgrading to an iPhone 6 this year.
Although I am really liking the screen size and it works great.
The reason I don't buy one is that it costs 90 euros.
I taught on buying one second hand but there are allot of fakes on the market so that is not an option.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #70 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:05 AM
I am careful and do not drop it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88