Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

To all college bound members

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
To all college bound members
on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:23 PM
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: To all college bound members
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:04:24 AM
Can students take a MT on to campus?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:11:21 AM

Yes. Most campuses have a blade length limit, but if it falls in the limit then they can.
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 12:20:10 AM
Cool! I'm actually very pleased to hear that :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:24:12 AM

Yes. Most campuses have a blade length limit, but if it falls in the limit then they can.
And let's not forget the 3 most important rules:
1-be discreet
2-trust no one
3-If caught,,,,play dumb :whistle:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:44 AM
at my school (when I was going there) the campus security would ask to borrow my MT or knife once in a while. 

I had been going there for 8 years, so they knew me, and knew I helped keep the piece, and usually could defuse situations with ease. (WITHOUT A MT OR KNIFE)
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 04:51:22 AM
Don't ask me, I went to an engineering college that had a rifle range on the campus- had to check and store with security, couldn't keep a firearm in the dorm, shouldn't keep it in your car. But you could have paintball guns so long as you didn't use them inside or on the central campus or farm, and I inspired the no airsoft in the same locations rule. Hell, we had several kendo practitioners who kept shinai and boken in their rooms, and they and the other martial arts clubs routinely took their pads to the quad to spar outside if the weather was good. So unless your dragging around a full sized Ka-bar or something bigger, or were too drunk to stand, and weren't being stupid, meh, no one cared.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 08:44:22 AM
Don't ask me, I went to an engineering college that had a rifle range on the campus- had to check and store with security, couldn't keep a firearm in the dorm, shouldn't keep it in your car. But you could have paintball guns so long as you didn't use them inside or on the central campus or farm, and I inspired the no airsoft in the same locations rule. Hell, we had several kendo practitioners who kept shinai and boken in their rooms, and they and the other martial arts clubs routinely took their pads to the quad to spar outside if the weather was good. So unless your dragging around a full sized Ka-bar or something bigger, or were too drunk to stand, and weren't being stupid, meh, no one cared.

Sounds like you went to a pretty awesome school!  :cheers:
darren

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 05:39:32 PM
Huh, at my college if you didn't have a blade or multitool, they frowned on you, of course where I went was out in the sticks, lol, at that the time I gave my cousin my original gerber for going into the service, and moved up to the locking one, bad move! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 08:51:49 PM
I pretty much permanently carried my Wave (along with a multimeter and torch) in my bag at university.

jp Offline dork

Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 07:49:04 AM
That's a great idea by Leatherman, although I'm not sure about that "late night study lighting" in the form of a torch. Ha! Nice try! Would have been better to go with something like "walking home from the library after dark" or "searching for your lost keys or flash drive under the bed."
If you're not always prepared, you're sometimes prepared.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%