Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wave help pls

gb Offline pingu

Wave help pls
on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:05 AM
Inspired by the Mini Surge thread and the availability of Wingman scissors I'd like to do a bladeless Wave to suit UK carry rules :rant:.  Could somebody tell me if the saw and file can be moved to the opposite handle.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Re: Wave help pls
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 12:59:53 AM
if you mean can you put the saw and file on the same handle, ie. moving one to where a 'blade' is/was. then I'd say "no" or at least the lock won't work.
what else were you thinking of putting into the 'wave' to replace blade #2 (serrated or PE) ?

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:03:54 AM
I think not as there is a little detent on line lock to keep the tool shut in and there is a little dip on tool for that detent.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 01:13:13 AM
looking at my wave. there is also a bevel where the lock touches the blade(s) they would be the opposite on the file/saw (I maybe not explaining this well, but I understand it  :facepalm:)
hopefully someone will be along soon with some pics  :whistle:

gb Offline pingu

Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 01:14:09 AM
if you mean can you put the saw and file on the same handle, ie. moving one to where a 'blade' is/was. then I'd say "no" or at least the lock won't work.
what else were you thinking of putting into the 'wave' to replace blade #2 (serrated or PE) ?

To answer the last question first, not sure, this is a plan in progress.

On the first question, I know the scissors can't be rotated on the long axis.   I suppose the question is whether both faces of the blades are identical but I cannot check as I returned my Wave undecided but am having second thoughts.  Or being softened up by all the Wave fans here.

gb Offline pingu

Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 01:16:22 AM
looking at my wave. there is also a bevel where the lock touches the blade(s) they would be the opposite on the file/saw (I maybe not explaining this well, but I understand it  :facepalm:)
hopefully someone will be along soon with some pics  :whistle:

Beat me.  I do understand the bevel point.  Thanks.   I need to check possibly from pictures which tool the scissors would have to substitute.

As others have done I want to substitute the Wave scissors with an awl.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:18:48 AM by pingu »

gb Offline pingu

Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 01:20:46 AM
I think not as there is a little detent on line lock to keep the tool shut in and there is a little dip on tool for that detent.

Thanks.  I understand the problem now.  Think I could deal with the detent but probably not the bevel that Taxi Dad has mentioned.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 10:34:48 AM
I'd like to add you really should just get a wave and look yourself  :D
even un-modded it is a fantastic tool. A little expensive IMO but up there with the best of them.

gb Offline pingu

Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:34 AM
I'd like to add you really should just get a wave and look yourself  :D

I did succumb a few weeks ago.  I confess I was blown away with the feel and quality in my hand but then I had second thoughts and returned it while I could.    But I can tell the relentless accolades from Wave'ers  is wearing me down again.

To get the slightest of digs back I did feel the precision screwdriver was occupying real estate which could be better filled with an awl.  Hang it, a precision screwdriver is the smallest dangly on my keychain.  Anyway looks like "plan in progress" is downgraded to "dream-on" :think:.  But still in progress.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:27:58 AM by pingu »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD