Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman recommendations needed

g_girl · 32 · 2422

Offline g_girl

• New User
Re: Leatherman recommendations needed
Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 02:14:49 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'm going to take a closer look at the Wave and Rebar.

us Offline Craiger

Re: Leatherman recommendations needed
Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 10:35:28 PM
One more vote for Wave.

I own both, so I can say for sure, in my opinion, the Wave is a superior tool. Before joining this site, I only had one multi and it was the Wave. It has been on hundreds of mountain climbs, hikes and backpacking trips with me, in addition to carrying and using it daily around home and at work.

Sure, you can go more minimalist, but who needs minimal when car camping, and maybe your BF will end up using the Wave beyond camping/hiking as well. The versatility-to-weight ratio really cannot be beat.

Some "Wave over Rebar" features are:
1. Scissors (all around very handy)
2. Diamond file (tough enough for steel, smooth enough for fingernails, and a regular file on the other side. The Rebar file is RRRRRRRough, on both sides.)
3. Pocket clip-able (another carry option)
4. One-hand opening blades (cannot overstate how convenient that is)
5. Bit driver (very versatile when coupled with a "bit kit")
6. Small Bit Driver (very handy for glasses, small electronics, unlocking zip-ties AND an emergency toothpick)
7. Overall, a more beautiful tool; especially the blades. (When I look at the Rebar blades, I think Boy Scouts. When I see the Wave blades, they conjure a little more respect)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%