Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

tool change

00 Offline sixgun

tool change
on: June 23, 2008, 07:27:02 PM
Can I change the can opener on my 400 for a file? I never use it,if not what else would work.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Re: tool change
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:40:58 PM
Hmm if you look at where the plier head is inside the handle you'll notice that at one side there is a larger gap, the file needs to sit in the larger gap, the thin gap is slightly too thin i think. They are also of a different thickness which probably means a washer will be needed, but it would need the tab to stop the clumping like the rest of the washers. You may be able to rearrange the whole tool load to fit it in but i can't say without taking mine back apart and its just been packed up :( You'll be able to fit it in, but you may have to do a bit of trial and error :)
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: tool change
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:40 AM
The nice thing about your Gerber is that it is fairly easy to disassemble. If you can get spare blades or rob them from another tool, you should be able to mix and match and find the combination that works. :)

Very important though: before taking it apart, snap a few close up pictures with a digital camera. This will come in handy when trying to remember how it all goes back together.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%