Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A Gift For A friend.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
A Gift For A friend.
on: August 14, 2014, 04:42:01 PM
I bought this for a friend.It's not a pocket knife,so I will include this Victorinox sheath designed for the 111 series of kinives.

Since I received it in this mornings mail I ordered one for myself.LOL.

This is one of the better deals for the Victorinox 111's.It includes the plus-plus scales and a unique set of tweezers.

DSCN1372-1.jpg
* DSCN1372-1.jpg (Filesize: 224.05 KB)
DSCN1373-1.jpg
* DSCN1373-1.jpg (Filesize: 210.42 KB)
DSCN1374-1.jpg
* DSCN1374-1.jpg (Filesize: 216.23 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Re: A Gift For A friend.
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:18:21 PM

That's a nice looking SAK. Isn't Garant a European outdoor store chain similar to Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops?
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 05:35:47 PM
Oh, come on! Now I have to pretend to be surprised when I get it...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 06:13:19 PM
May I inquire where you got it? It's a nice tool set. I like :-)

Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:20 PM
That's a nice looking SAK. Isn't Garant a European outdoor store chain similar to Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops?

Garant is a manufacturer of tools.

http://www.garant.com/index_en.php

This 111 is obviously made by Victorinox under contract for Garant with some unique features only found on this particular tool.

I ordered this tool from Garant's U.S. representatives just two weeks ago.I really never expected to receive it this soon since their rep. told me they had to order it from Germany.

I originally thought it was ugly but my friend didn't.Once I had an opportunity to handle it,I immediately understood this ugly child needed to be adopted.LOL.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 06:26:03 PM
That's a handsome looking SAK. :tu:
SAW

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 06:28:50 PM
That's a handsome looking SAK. :tu:

Ah,so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.At first I thought it was "blocky" looking.Since I've handled it these last few hours,I've changed my mind.LOL.

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 11:53:18 PM

Garant is a manufacturer of tools.

http://www.garant.com/index_en.php

This 111 is obviously made by Victorinox under contract for Garant with some unique features only found on this particular tool.

I ordered this tool from Garant's U.S. representatives just two weeks ago.I really never expected to receive it this soon since their rep. told me they had to order it from Germany.

I originally thought it was ugly but my friend didn't.Once I had an opportunity to handle it,I immediately understood this ugly child needed to be adopted.LOL.

Oh man. This "child" is beautiful... U have got to share the link where u ordered it from.

I've searched the garant website link you posted but to no avail.

mx Offline ebarberena

Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 02:20:42 AM
This is the main web page for Hoffmann Group http://www.hoffmann-group.com/int/company/locations.html . Here you can find you local distributor.
Hoffmann Group and its distributors cater mainly to the Manufacturing Industry. I don't know how friendly your local distributor is to "consumers".

Garant is Hoffmann's high end private label (Holex is their budget brand).

This particular knife part number is 84 6000 as printed on the scale.

For US try http://hoffmanngroupusa.com/

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:30:04 AM by ebarberena »

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 02:25:55 AM
May I inquire where you got it? It's a nice tool set. I like :-)

Rich

I'm sorry Rich,I missed your post.There is no way to order from their website.You'll have to call to place the order.I'll PM the information and the name of the sales rep.

Oh man. This "child" is beautiful... U have got to share the link where u ordered it from.

I've searched the garant website link you posted but to no avail.

Their website is fubar I'll PM the pertinent information.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%