Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What could possibly go wrong?

PTRSAK · 39 · 2164

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What could possibly go wrong?
Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 10:32:32 PM
Miller , Miller , Miller , Peter  :facepalm:.

It is funny at work the other day I was talking to one of my colleagues about getting old & becoming sensible & he talked about selling the motor bike at 30 then selling the chainsaw at 40 not sure what happens at 50 & 60  :think: :D.

A good buddy a few months ago had a chain saw accident, cut through to his thigh bone  :ahhh :ahhh , mind you he was standing on his Landcruiser's roof when it happened  :facepalm:. Ollie drinks XXXX so it is not surprising(a south Aussie drinking Queensland beer  ??? ???)

Smmuuurrrrfffff that!  :o  No chaps?  :think:  Is he okay? How did it happen? I feel sick just thinking about it.  :(

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 06:34:17 AM

It is funny at work the other day I was talking to one of my colleagues about getting old & becoming sensible & he talked about selling the motor bike at 30 then selling the chainsaw at 40 not sure what happens at 50 & 60  :think: :D.

A good buddy a few months ago had a chain saw accident, cut through to his thigh bone  :ahhh :ahhh , mind you he was standing on his Landcruiser's roof when it happened  :facepalm:. Ollie drinks XXXX so it is not surprising(a south Aussie drinking Queensland beer  ??? ???)

Smmuuurrrrfffff that!  :o  No chaps?  :think:  Is he okay? How did it happen? I feel sick just thinking about it.  :(

He was standing on his Landcruisers roof trimming a large branch on his property(a small farm) not sure how the chainsaw bit him but he was BLOODY lucky it did not cause bone damage or cut a major blood vessel he did need a big operation , he was really sore & has only just now stopped limping. The scaring looks like a big shark bite  :o :o.
Chainsaws do prefer to cut flesh over wood , its so soft  :ahhh :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 06:46:00 AM

He was standing on his Landcruisers roof trimming a large branch on his property(a small farm) not sure how the chainsaw bit him but he was BLOODY lucky it did not cause bone damage or cut a major blood vessel he did need a big operation , he was really sore & has only just now stopped limping. The scaring looks like a big shark bite  :o :o.

Just reading about it makes me want to hurl.
I get laughed at wearing all the gear but I've seen what can happen.
Your mate should buy a lotto ticket.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 06:55:01 AM

Just reading about it makes me want to hurl.
I get laughed at wearing all the gear but I've seen what can happen.
Your mate should buy a lotto ticket.

Ollie has a bit of a charmed life, it did not surprise me that A. he did it & B. he was ok  ::) :D.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 11:03:36 AM
I rate chainsaws as probably the most dangerous tool available to the general public (with rotary electric saws second most dangerous).  Saws designed to cut through wood quickly can make short work of flesh and bone  :o
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:03 AM
I rate chainsaws as probably the most dangerous tool available to the general public (with rotary electric saws second most dangerous).  Saws designed to cut through wood quickly can make short work of flesh and bone  :o

IMO the 9 inch grinder is more dangerous than a chainsaw. Those things can kick back like a mothersmurfer.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 11:59:23 AM
Plus one on the docs cutter grinder!!! I've seem more than one person muller there legs on those bloody things :(

Sent from the astropathic choir.

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 02:12:16 PM
Yeah those three can kick like a pissed off mule.  :P

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 02:37:10 AM
What could go wrong... you could pour the beer into the chainsaw.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%