Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pretty cool quadcopter video

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Pretty cool quadcopter video
on: August 26, 2014, 02:28:01 AM
While looking for something else I came across this:

Raffaello D'Andrea: The astounding athletic power…: http://youtu.be/w2itwFJCgFQ

Pretty cool!

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Pretty cool quadcopter video
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 02:45:25 AM
Pretty cool indeed!  :tu:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:11 AM
That was really cool!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:28 AM
Fascinating 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 03:06:21 AM
Skynet copters

I think that video was awesome!!!
If I can help, let me know 

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:59:23 AM
Thank you for this video, in the light of recent plane crashes, I really hope this technology could be adopted safely to today airliners to safe lives.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 10:03:00 AM
I didn't have time to watch the movie yet, but what I saw reminded me a lot of these videos:

Quadrocopter Ball Juggling, ETH Zurich
Quadrocopter Pole Acrobatics
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:02 PM
I'll check those or later. They look pretty cool!

My father is having a pretty rough time lately so I decided to buy him a quad to help cheer him up.  I ended up getting such an awesome price on it that I ended up getting one for myself as well. Needless to say I'm a bit excited for them to come in and been watching videos as a result.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 01:53:43 PM
I sure hope this will cheer him up, I have seen some inexpensive ones that has preprogramed sequence for flip, made from China.  Quite interesting and fun to fly if I may say so.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 01:58:05 PM
The one I got him is not a really good high quality one but it has great reviews for the price.  It's the Syma X5c in case anyone is curious.

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:31 PM
The one I got him is not a really good high quality one but it has great reviews for the price.  It's the (Image removed from quote.) in case anyone is curious.

Def

I have the same.

Buy lots of spare parts too.

Very good and tough, but needs really calm conditions, like early in the morning.
anything above the gentlest fof breezes will move it about a lot, quickly. You can fight a slightly strong wind but it will be sideways all the time and difficult to point to where you want to.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 02:28:17 PM
His property is surrounded by trees so wind isn't usually a problem for him.   Last month they had a visiting dog tree a black bear in their yard.  They took pictures of the bear with a zoom lense for obvious reasons but I think it would be neat to have a quad with a camera handy for that kind of thing in the future.

Def

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 05:35:54 PM
Hoping your dad feels better very soon and has a blast flying his copter. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 02:40:09 PM
I've had this quad for some time now and I really do enjoy flying it.  It is a fantastic entry level quad and I'd recommend it to anyone. It is actually so lightweight that I have found it nearmy impossible to damage.  It simply does not build up enough kinetic energy to cause damage on impact.  Despite the warning above, I have yet to use any of the spare parts it came with even though it has been banged around a lot.

That having been said, I have just found a great deal on a DJI Phantom 2 Vision that I couldn't pass up.  In fact, the deal is so good I have to wonder if it is a fake or stolen and I'm putting a lot of faith in the PayPal protection system on this one!

I hear that DJI models are much better to fly and film with and this one also has FPV, which I think will help a lot to see which way the thing is going if nothing else.  :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 01:12:30 PM
Looks like the deal was not legitimate.  I got the following email from eBay last night:

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from ____________ through eBay's messaging system. We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have compromised this member's account security. It’s important to note that we’re unaware of any problems with your account. We recommend the following precautions to help keep you safe:
- Don't respond to offers to buy or sell an item from this user. The offer may be fraudulent, and the transaction won't be covered by eBay.
- Don't respond to any messages you received from this user that appear to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on.
- Never pay for eBay items using instant cash wire-transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It's against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment with these methods.

For more information, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/avoid-problems.html

If you’ve already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, contact the payment service you used to make the purchase immediately. If you’re a seller who already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the postal service or shipping company you used to have it returned to you.

If you have received any messages that seem suspicious, please forward them to us at spoof@ebay.ca for review. For more information about staying safe on eBay, please visit eBay’s Security Center at:
http://pages.ebay.ca/securitycenter/index.html

We take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. But there's also a lot you can do. Find out more about protecting your account by visiting:
http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/protecting.html

We appreciate your cooperation.
Thanks,

eBay

I kind of expected this when I bought what was supposed to be a $700 drone for $40.  :P

Still, I have 45 (44 now) days worth of Paypal protection to see what, if anything shows up.  :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 01:22:41 PM
I also got this message when I logged into eBay:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

I always send payment when I buy something, so of course it was sent immediately.  If it wasn't for the line I've bolded, I would have cancelled the order as soon as I read the message.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%