Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One at a time please... 2377

Hero Member Posts: 744 When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
One at a time please...
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
Okay, so who in their right mind would want to trade this

for this?

Nobody here, right? Well, how about trading me this

for this instead?

That's right. I am offering to send you a barely used Juice S2, in the original box, and all I ask in return is a lowly knifeless Fuse in similar or better condition.

Photo taken with a webcam; don't kill the messenger...

Okay, now seriously. The handles have two or three extremely minor scratches and there is a small dark spot (I think it's dirt, but could be something else) under the can opener. Knife edge is showing some small dents (4-5, in the middle) Tools snap into place and are easier to get out than when I first got it, the handles snap as well, but come apart about 3-4 mms with no resistance; as there's some free movement in the pliers. That's it. No other signs of wear are present as I'm looking at it. The Fuse can have wear and scratches, but must not be very loose or rusted.

Any takers? I'm putting up a 20 $ price tag. It's a fair deal, I believe. If you want additional compensation from my side, you could shake up some cash with used P-51s (or Utili-keys, or SAKs, or sacks of gold...)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:10:39 AM by Rodion »

W
No Life Club Posts: 3,699 Smells like tar and smoke.
Re: One at a time please...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »
i can remove my fuses blade or grind it to some other form ;)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »
lol

No thanks. Unless you can magically grind it into a metal file, I'll pass. By the way: if anyone has a SOG Pocket Powerplier customized with scissors and a metal saw, I'll take that one, as well. I'll even add 10$ to make it a fair game.  :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 01:48:06 AM by Rodion »

W
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 02:10:19 AM »
I think I'll move the comparative price way down to 20 $, since I just saw a new Spirit go for 50... Still, I'd prefer to trade, not to sell. If anybody wants to buy it, I'll have to charge international shipping and as far as I understand, that's another 15 bucks (I will refund if it turns out to be less; I'm cheap, not greedy). I guess nobody on multitool.org would bother with a knifeless multi...

W
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
i wouldnt mind havin knifeless,since i dont have much o fuse for plain edege atleast,i prefer serrated on multi´s.hey,how do they describe the"locking knife" in law there?i thought one could easilu cut away the notch on blade and/or grind off small piece of locking device,so all other blades would lock but blade wouldnt...?
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 01:03:43 PM »
I've actually seen some court protocols (online) that specifically mentioned a "malfunctioning" lock mechanism. There, it was still considered a "locking" blade because it could still be subject to repair. Not sure how they would treat a blade that was grinded away. Maybe they'd let it go. Maybe it would actually be considered trying to screw with the Law, then you're in trouble. It all depends on how many policemen you've stabbed prior to the incident.

Like I said, it's not really an issue to go around with a lock-blade, but the system can chow you right down if it wanted to.

W
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »
I've actually seen some court protocols (online) that specifically mentioned a "malfunctioning" lock mechanism. There, it was still considered a "locking" blade because it could still be subject to repair. Not sure how they would treat a blade that was grinded away. Maybe they'd let it go. Maybe it would actually be considered trying to screw with the Law, then you're in trouble. It all depends on how many policemen you've stabbed prior to the incident.

Like I said, it's not really an issue to go around with a lock-blade, but the system can chow you right down if it wanted to.

say no mo´.ive been there too ;)

law aint justice in many cases.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 01:38:15 AM »
Hey, I just got a great idea!

If you can remove the blade from your Fuse without destroying the whole tool, and agree to sell me that keychain we talked about (in working condition; I plan on using it), I'll ship you the Juice with my thanks. If it absolutely must be a trade, I'll throw in a Jetscream.

exactly as pictured

W
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 01:13:24 AM »
I guess my idea didn't seem that great to you:D

Alright, this sub-forum is useless. If anybody wants me, I'll be drowning my sorrows in orange juice.

Get it? Orange Juice?  Like Juice S2? The Leatherman? With pliers?

*roll credits*

W
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 01:49:57 AM »
im sorry but i wont give chain away,sorry mate  :(

but maybe i can check out some fuse,if i could remove that lock or file.ill stop at my friends store next week and see if he has one for cheap deal of some sort.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:29 AM »
Relax, I'm not nearly as heart-broken as my level of drama suggests. I appreciate your efforts, but wouldn't it be worth it to you to just buy a new Juice from your friend???

W
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 07:16:19 AM »
they dont have juices here,atleast not much,almost every shop has other series but juices,nope. i donno why cause they seem good products.
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
Hmm, I think I know what you're talking about. I've seen Micras and Squirts around here, but no Juices either. Mine is imported. Weird. It's a snappy little tool.

Tell you what. Look if your friend has a knifeless Fuse you can trade me and if not, tell me what kind of shape you can give to the blade on yours. Can you like make it into a V-cutter, or something else equally harmless?

W
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 02:52:20 PM »
i believe somekinda v cutter or gut hook would be possible.here in Finland there isnt no reason to sell knifeless multis,caus eu can carry blade almost anywhere,so we dont have em.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
Wow, you're a survivalist from Finland? That's hardcore. You guys totally ripped USSR a new one.  :cheers:

I'm not sure what I would do with a gut hook, but feel free to post a photo of my custom V-cutter* Fuse.

*Or whatever comes out of it.

I set the Juice aside for you, so as not to accumulate further wear. If you want, I can Paypal you like 5 bucks so you know I'm not messing around (or at least am 5 bucks committed to my practical joke).

W
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »
Wow, you're a survivalist from Finland? That's hardcore. You guys totally ripped USSR a new one.  :cheers:

I'm not sure what I would do with a gut hook, but feel free to post a photo of my custom V-cutter* Fuse.

*Or whatever comes out of it.

I set the Juice aside for you, so as not to accumulate further wear. If you want, I can Paypal you like 5 bucks so you know I'm not messing around (or at least am 5 bucks committed to my practical joke).

dont transfer a dme until i get that tool dismantled ;),man.

yes im from finland,and im pretty proud of my both grandfathers who were droppin planes down here in my hometown with arty,and bustin some trainrails up north so the great eastern couldt run supplies.

im patriotic but not right wing racist at all.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97
Site Currency: USD
 3%