Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fisher Space Pens

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Re: Fisher Space Pens
Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 10:23:30 PM
I got my first one two weeks ago, just a black bullet pen, but oh do I love it :P Great size, writes well, and stylish, too  :tu:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

Offline SomeOneWho

Reply #31 on: September 28, 2014, 12:44:07 AM
I used to have a job where I did pseudo-construction work (cabling new homes and installing high-end AV systems) and I would have to mark locations on studs and ceiling joists for speakers and control pads.  I used a bullet pen for a while because it could write upside down and on almost any surface.  However, it got really inconvenient when hanging off a ten-foot ladder and having to use two hands to open it.  The cap ended up on the floor quite often.

I eventually switched to the "clicky" model "SST Space Tec Space Pen" and this proved perfect for one-handed use.  It looks good too.  I've since moved on to an office job and it still fits in perfectly.  I'd never be without one now (just in case a random joist passes by). 

Through a happenstance "someone-I-loaned-it-to-loaned-it-to-someone-else" scenario it wound up in the hands of our CEO.  I actually went in to his office and asked for it back!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 01:26:16 AM
I used to have a job where I did pseudo-construction work (cabling new homes and installing high-end AV systems) and I would have to mark locations on studs and ceiling joists for speakers and control pads.  I used a bullet pen for a while because it could write upside down and on almost any surface.  However, it got really inconvenient when hanging off a ten-foot ladder and having to use two hands to open it.  The cap ended up on the floor quite often.

I eventually switched to the "clicky" model "SST Space Tec Space Pen" and this proved perfect for one-handed use.  It looks good too.  I've since moved on to an office job and it still fits in perfectly.  I'd never be without one now (just in case a random joist passes by). 

Through a happenstance "someone-I-loaned-it-to-loaned-it-to-someone-else" scenario it wound up in the hands of our CEO.  I actually went in to his office and asked for it back!

:rofl:  :tu:

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 12:13:34 AM
I lost the bullet a few days ago. I still have the AG7.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 05:22:30 AM
My wife bought me a Fisher M4C, the chrome capomatic for Xmas, because I'd been saying I wanted a space pen. She was telling people at work that she'd bought me a pen that could write in space and they'd say, what does he want that for? It wasn't until she told me this story that I said to her, well, it can write upside down, and in the wet and all.
I liked it too much to use at work, so kept it for my non work EDC. I bought some of the refills and stuck one of them in a freebie pens at work.  I was happy enough with that until the pen started getting pretty ratty. Have just bought a Parker Jotter and put the Fisher refill in that.
I lost my M4C on a plane in Sydney, and was annoyed at myself as I even heard the guy in the seat behind ask out loud if anyone had lost a pen, but at the time I didn't think I had  :facepalm:.  Anyway, hope he's enjoying it now.  My wife is now buying me an AG7, which I'll be much more diligent about not losing. I was a little unhappy with the M4C in terms of its strength.  I'm sure I bent it a little out of shape having it in my jeans pocket.  Other than that, I loved it.

The Fisher is great.  I work at a smelter, and things get quite dirty. Carbon copy form books come with some type of paper that works fine when it is first used, but get to the end of the day when umpteen people have signed on and off the form and it can become impossible to write on with a normal pen. I don't have to write essays with it, but when I need it to work it does.

I wish they were cheaper in Australia though.  Prices are somewhat ridiculous for decent pens here, sometimes twice the price but often 3-4 times more than USA.  A Fisher PR Refill costs about $10 from eBay and I haven't yet found it cheaper.

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 08:29:10 PM
I carried one for a few months, like it but not in love.
I am sure it performs well in outer space but I currently have no plan for such trip.
For daily usage I found it is a little small, sometime the clip falls off, always a possibility of losing the cap, and it like to roll off desk.
For its price I really kept my eyes on it when someone borrowed it, they found me being weird about my pen.   ::)
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 01:45:13 AM
I take then you mean the Bullet?

The bullet looks nice and compact but I like a clicky pen with an in built pocket clip.  I wear cotton drill work shirt and put my pen in the pen hole of the front left pocket.  I've had some pens that were too thick to get out easily

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%