Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What became of Wenger CEO

tosh · 10 · 1541

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
What became of Wenger CEO
on: September 28, 2014, 11:22:27 AM
Does anyone know what became of Peter Hug Wenger CEO.  I never met the guy but he always came across as a very friendly sincere bloke. I recall he did a video tribute for MT'o anniversary some time ago.

It would be great to know how he is, maybe Grant could interview him. I'd love to know more about the Wenger brand.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: What became of Wenger CEO
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:25:34 PM
As far as I can tell he's a CEO/Partner in a company in Delemont that deals with "Luxury Goods & Jewelry", watches and so. And as a few of the staff there came from Wenger Watches it's possibly a daughter company something similar.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:53:37 PM
As far as I can tell he's a CEO/Partner in a company in Delemont that deals with "Luxury Goods & Jewelry", watches and so. And as a few of the staff there came from Wenger Watches it's possibly a daughter company something similar.

Thanks Nikola

I'm glad to hear that - it sounds as if it's a subsidiary to Victorinox?
Learn something new every day.

Like Beery - I'm hungry to learn more about Wenger. I wonder if Vic plans to open a museum in ibach as a tribute. I really would love to see all the prototypes that never made it into production. Given how radical some of Wengers designs were I bet there were many many weird and wonderful concepts created.

Without sounding pathetic I still mourn for Wenger, I really wish I had got involved with MT'o from the beginning and discovered Wenger as we now  know it. I would have quite possibly made the journey over to see them.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 03:24:39 PM

Thanks Nikola

Like Beery - I'm hungry to learn more about Wenger. I wonder if Vic plans to open a museum in ibach as a tribute. I really would love to see all the prototypes that never made it into production. Given how radical some of Wengers designs were I bet there were many many weird and wonderful concepts created.

Without sounding pathetic I still mourn for Wenger, I really wish I had got involved with MT'o from the beginning and discovered Wenger as we now  know it. I would have quite possibly made the journey over to see them.
Considering how poor the Victorinox Museum in Brunnen is, I have to say I seriously doubt that.
Also when I was at Wenger, they had a small cabinet where they showed some out of production SAK but nothing really exciting or special (apart from that white beauty below, which of course is not really a Wenger product), so I don't even know if there are prototypes and stuff around.
That said I would definitively visit a Wenger Tribute Museum :tu:

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 06:02:25 PM
White innocent beauty!
 :gimme:
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 08:38:01 PM

Thanks Nikola

Considering how poor the Victorinox Museum in Brunnen is, I have to say I seriously doubt that.
Also when I was at Wenger, they had a small cabinet where they showed some out of production SAK but nothing really exciting or special (apart from that white beauty below, which of course is not really a Wenger product), so I don't even know if there are prototypes and stuff around.

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow, the white Ranger is one of its kind!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 10:29:18 PM

Thanks Nikola

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow, the white Ranger is one of its kind!
Made by Andre Perret

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
Think there were some earlier mentions on here that Victorinox had bought a major SAK collection, and that one of its execs was regularly hitting knife shows in Switzerland looking for older models. So Victorinox may be planning a museum sometime down the road.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 11:07:45 PM
If I remember correctly a few years ago a woman joined here, said she worked for Vic and tried to buy an old Bear Jaws tool from Bob/J-sews. I think she was collecting tools that preceded the SwissTool for the Vic museum.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 09:43:17 AM
That indeed is good news...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%