Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So, what do you do for work?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: So, what do you do for work?
Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 04:15:26 AM
I disagree- I love my job(s) but some days, not matter how much I enjoy them, they are still work.  If you have to drag yourself out of bed and force yourself to go in, even if you love it, it's still work.

Def

I love my job enough to get up a 4:15 everyday and drive an hour and a 45 min 1 way, well actually I ride most of the way.  Yeah it's work sure I'll agree with that part but if you make yourself enjoy it the days go by a whole lot better :D

Same way with school I had to be there, so why hate it and be miserable, I just made the best of my time and it made it a whole lot more enjoyable ;)

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #61 on: July 09, 2008, 01:13:58 PM
at the moment i do this and that for money and go to couple schools but next summer ill be working on a very small island fixing up old fishinghouses,etc.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #62 on: July 09, 2008, 04:37:10 PM

I speSmurfpillse in security in a system called SAP, which is the biggest ERP system out there today.

I've been an SAP business analyst for the past 7 years.  I work in the FI/CO area.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:39:21 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 01:47:40 AM
I work for the evil Orange Toolbox
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 02:07:14 AM
I work for the evil Orange Toolbox
Whats the evil orange toolbox?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #65 on: July 10, 2008, 02:09:39 AM
Home Depot.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #66 on: July 10, 2008, 02:31:35 AM
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #67 on: July 10, 2008, 03:27:06 AM
My job for the last 5 years is to show up at work at 8 a.m. and make coffee for the company... Oh, and do some computer stuff for the rest of the day.
-------
Alexei

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #68 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40:10 PM

I speSmurfpillse in security in a system called SAP, which is the biggest ERP system out there today.

I've been an SAP business analyst for the past 7 years.  I work in the FI/CO area.

I suppose that one of the few good things about working in authorisations (note the spelling ;) ) is that you have to work with all the modules to some extent, so you do get a good (if less detailed) idea of what it all does / can do.

I used to come here a lot.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #69 on: July 10, 2008, 09:02:49 PM

I suppose that one of the few good things about working in authorisations (note the spelling ;) ) is that you have to work with all the modules to some extent, so you do get a good (if less detailed) idea of what it all does / can do.

I'm fortunate that I work for a small company, so I get to dabble in a bunch of different areas.  I have helped my BASIS guy many times with authorizations and role structures.  I also have written some ABAP code for some small custom modifications.

It's not so bad being associated with SAP in the business world.  ;)
- Terry

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #70 on: July 10, 2008, 10:07:11 PM
I've never had the chance to work on a "smaller" installation (the smallest I've worked on is the current one which has just under 10,000 users in approx. 65 countries), so the contracts / jobs I've had tend to be part of a big team and you don't get the opportunity to dabble unfortunately. Not that there'd be that much time to to be honest, as keeping 10,000 users out of each others' business can be quite time hungry!

I have done bits with Basis and ABAP, but mostly as a team-lead type so more administrative than "hands-on". The bit I can do (as opposed to tell other cleverer people to do) is the authorisation work and associated control work.

One of the things I hate most about my job, is that it takes so long to describe what I do to others, and it really isn't worth their patience / interest - lol.

Any jobs going at your place? :D

I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69