Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Should I be happy or sad at the loss of my collection/gear?

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Re: Should I be happy or sad at the loss of my collection/gear?
Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 12:26:45 AM
I hear ya!

I am reviewing what I have left and trying to decide if I should upgrade to something else or leave it.  For an example I just purchased a BM 586 Mini Barrage that has the M390 steel in it cause I wanted to try something other than the sake stainless or my Salt 1 H1 steel but not sure if I care for it yet.  :)
I just looked that one up and don't really care for it... not one of their most appealing blades.  :P

You looked up the 586?  I have the spear point version and have no issues with the blade style!  ;)
By blade I meant knife. I have no issues with its blade in fact it's the handle I don't care for.

Oh!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 09:27:26 AM
Well i trimmed the fat off my collection this week,im doing it for a good reason as funds going to my gym membership, im sure ill miss them in time but im left with my main users so feel ok about it  :tu:

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 01:41:31 PM
Well i trimmed the fat off my collection this week,im doing it for a good reason as funds going to my gym membership, im sure ill miss them in time but im left with my main users so feel ok about it  :tu:

Sooo... Not only trimming the fat of your tool collection then? :P :P :P
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 03:34:28 PM

Sooo... Not only trimming the fat of your tool collection then? :P :P :P

:D yep fat being trimmed alround  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:33 PM

I'm sure many of us who have several tools could do the same as long as we were left with our favorites.  I have my main users and rarely vary from them so having to get rid of my others would be a bummer at the worst but I'd be fine.  We need or go to tools and anything more than that is fun or purely ( in my case ) for collecting.  Getting into the gym is gonna be great for you, I'm sure your body will bounce back in no time.   
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 05:49:53 PM

I'm sure many of us who have several tools could do the same as long as we were left with our favorites.  I have my main users and rarely vary from them so having to get rid of my others would be a bummer at the worst but I'd be fine.  We need or go to tools and anything more than that is fun or purely ( in my case ) for collecting.  Getting into the gym is gonna be great for you, I'm sure your body will bounce back in no time.   

Cheers mate  :salute: it cost me a fare few pounds today but i know it will be worth it in the long haul  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

Cheers mate  :salute: it cost me a fare few pounds today but i know it will be worth it in the long haul  :tu:

Rigorous physical exertion is great for clearing out the stresses of the day as you know.  It really helps me get centered and focused plus we look awesome come summer time  8).  Your wife gets her stud back and you will feel like a new man, just be ready for the whistling and cat calls on the streets  :rofl: 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 01:29:31 AM
It should probably be both. Sad that they are leaving, but if you haven't been using them, they are probably looking forward to being used. Be happy for them, most tools live to work. Some a happy being safequeens, but most want to get out there and stretch their legs.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #38 on: July 04, 2014, 10:46:06 PM
This one can probably be closed now.

Thx.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #39 on: July 04, 2014, 10:48:09 PM

Thx.
Mike, they only close for-sale & trade threads  :pok:
SAW

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #40 on: July 06, 2014, 07:28:07 PM

Thx.
Mike, they only close for-sale & trade threads  :pok:

Oh, okay! 

With that said, I think I will be replacing my main blade, the Salt 1 with the Domino blue CF.  Thats the only charge to my EDC for now and will get a pic up soon.  :)

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 08:13:15 PM
I sold and traded my collection of Vics a couple of years back. I felt I had started to buy them for the sake if it and was not enjoying owning them in the same way. I am currently thinning out my Leathermans.  I've sold a few but I traded some for other bits and gave a couple of more unusual numbered Vics to friends who had really admired them.

Do I feel happy or sad about it?  Actually I feel good, I have used the proceeds from the sales to buy a couple of specific knives I wanted and have few enough to be able to admire and use them all (except for one shelf queen, but we all need at least one of them  :D)

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 09:15:17 PM
I sold and traded my collection of Vics a couple of years back. I felt I had started to buy them for the sake if it and was not enjoying owning them in the same way. I am currently thinning out my Leathermans.  I've sold a few but I traded some for other bits and gave a couple of more unusual numbered Vics to friends who had really admired them.

Do I feel happy or sad about it?  Actually I feel good, I have used the proceeds from the sales to buy a couple of specific knives I wanted and have few enough to be able to admire and use them all (except for one shelf queen, but we all need at least one of them  :D)

I too am pretty happy about downsizing alot and too have used some funds to purchase a nice knife or two, like my Domino Blue.  I also have a safe queen, actually two.
I have a BO Surge, couple of sak's, maybe a pm2 to still move and that should get me down to what i used/carry for the most part.  I did also pick up a new sharpener that I cant wait to try out. :)

Thanks for the comments!!  :tu:

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 03:02:50 PM
You should be happy, so happy that you go on Amazon and buy every tool on the site. :tu:
Leatherman

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 06:05:25 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't "lost" because you know where it went. I was thinking about some misplaced box while moving to a new house or something...

I'd say be happy. Now you can begin by getting different tools or some of the old ones you start to miss the most. You now know you can sell/offer/trade them again if need be.
 :salute: :cheers:

I don't know if I could do the same (still have stuff from when I was 4 or 5 years old...).
 :facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 05:23:28 AM
Please close.

Thx.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 02:04:07 AM
Please close.

Just like quickie marts and the morgue, we might not be working, but we never close.... :)
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%