Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Classic (key chain)

AdmSlc · 11 · 1414

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
SAK Classic (key chain)
on: October 25, 2014, 03:45:48 PM
I've always had one on my keys for as long as I can remember. I seem to lose the toothpick and tweezers occasionally. If they would have placed the toothpick and tweezers on the opposite side up by the split ring then they wouldn't be prone to getting lost. Design flaw?? Thoughts... Am I missing something? Something I can do to prevent them from getting lost?

-AdmSlc

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Re: SAK Classic (key chain)
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 03:57:22 PM
[..] Am I missing something? Something I can do to prevent them from getting lost?

Yes, a pouch.  :D
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 04:50:30 PM
[..] Am I missing something? Something I can do to prevent them from getting lost?

What he said  :P

I for one prefer it like this, as the keyring would make it harder to reach the T&T.
However... if you like it the other way around, why don't you just flip the scales? It's 4 (2+2) pins and the scales are perfect ovals (rounded rectangles really). First time I changed scales I put them the other way around by mistake and they fit in just fine...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:05:18 PM
Or find a Wenger, JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:24:15 PM
I've always had one on my keys for as long as I can remember. I seem to lose the toothpick and tweezers occasionally. If they would have placed the toothpick and tweezers on the opposite side up by the split ring then they wouldn't be prone to getting lost. Design flaw?? Thoughts... Am I missing something? Something I can do to prevent them from getting lost?

-AdmSlc
Just turn the scales the other way. Problem fixed. That's what my friends who carry Classics or Ramblers have done. I get around it by carrying LED and pen scales on my 58mm. Find the TP&T redundant for urban travel, but the pen and LED get used all the time.

Never seem to loose the TP&T on any of my 91mm's though.

00 Offline campy

Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 07:32:53 PM
I carry my classic loose in a pocket (since I don't have my keys on my person if I'm home). I've never lost a toothpick or tweezer.

mx Offline ebarberena

Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 07:53:10 PM
I think the problem is that your scales are a little loose against the frame. If you don't fill the toothpick and tweezers "locking" in place you need to rescale your Classic.

You should remove the scales and replace them with new ones or reuse the existing ones gluing them in place. This might be the time to flip them over as Fattsgalore has suddgested and have the scale tools on the keyring side.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 09:33:04 PM

What he said^^^

I love my little classic, and it's sometimes my only edc knife when I go 'downtown'. I hate to have it beat up against car keys and stuff, so I made a leather pouch for it. Very easy to do, and saves a lot of wear and tear.

Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 02:40:31 AM
thats a nice pouch above.

I just put my vic signature(add pen minus toothpick) directly on my keychain

us Offline getahl

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 12:17:21 AM
On all of my Classics, the toothpick is snug, but the tweezers come loose. I pop of the scales and turn them around so that they both face the keyring.

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 06:14:17 AM
I'm going to switch the scales around. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I've always thought that when you removed the scales it would break them and they wouldn't be able to put them back on again.

-AdmSlc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD