Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Super Cheap Leatherman PST Clone

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Re: Super Cheap Leatherman PST Clone
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:46:45 AM
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:48:41 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ca Offline Dem

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:09 AM
Just noticed this $6 PST clone on amazon. Looks like a good deal to me. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001B5NQDG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0SJ57SF1J8594BFSK4RW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1947489602&pf_rd_i=915398

It's not. I've got one. That exact one off amazon.ca, even ;). Basically useless. Even if the drivers weren't overpolished, the design makes them try to fold up when you use them. Also quite uncomfortable in plier use.

Dem

ca Offline Leathermended It!

• Leatherman Core EDCr
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:43:49 PM
Thanks for the info! I didn't know that there were topics already on that MT. I should have done a search.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 05:09:19 PM
Jothra did a great '30 day Challenge' with one of these tools. it's certainly worth the read.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,45487.0.html

I think it's light years away from 'Basically Useless', but I certainly wouldn't give this to someone as a gift. You'll see tools of this quality in a lot of pre-made 72-hour emergency survival kits. If I ever got one of those kits, this would probably be the first piece of gear to be upgraded, but as the absolute bottom end starting tool, I can't completely write it off. As I've said with a ton of other 'cheap and cheerful' stuff, it sure beats a fist full of nothing.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 07:24:21 AM
Let me just say, when I started collecting, I was buying large used lots off of eBay. They were cheap as all get out. However, I ended up with 7 to 9 really cheap PST clones that I ended up throwing away because they were that bad. This one is in their vein...but I do own this copy which makes this a step above those trashers...but just only a step above.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21