Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A few more for the cheap and cheerful brigade.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
A few more for the cheap and cheerful brigade.
on: November 09, 2014, 04:29:33 PM
When I first started collecting, my city sucked for multi-tools. These days, I am surprised at what I find locally. Here are a few tools I managed to find and rescue yesterday.

I found a pair of multi-tools at a local No Frills. This astounded me consider No Frills is a grocery store. They had a large and pocket sized multi-tool under the Everyday Essentials brand.

The larger is a typical Chinese Ganzo shaped multi-tool.

However, the sides are metal instead of plastic. It truly amazes me at the wealth of variations that exist with this basic tool form.

Typical non locking multi-tool.

with a nice and subtle laser etching on the jaws.

The second Everyday Essentials multi-tool is a keychain sized tool.

I also found a few multi-tools at the Pawn shop. These need a little TLC.

The first has Wappen stamped on the inside of one of the handles with Universal Game Farms laser etched on the exterior of one handle. No included sheath.

Another Sheffield, this time in used condition.

Next up is a KC Pro advertiser. This one is a bit interesting as it is a Buck 360 copy minus the locking mechanism.

These next items I found at a Home Hardware. This store never carries what is offered in the flyer. I have never found something that I went there for. Consequently it has been well over a year since last I walked through the door. Hilariously, I was drawn to the store for another multi-tool which of course I was told they were sold out. I swear they never carry any of their sales items. I figure I may as well look around seeing that I was already there in the store. Well I found a pair of Benchmarks and a no name brand SAK like object that I saw online, but never had the opportunity to get.

The first Benchmark is a clone of a Gerber design minus the locking mechanism. This tool features the same thumb studs on the 4 main blades, plier shape and markings, etc.

The other Benchmark is of a more traditional style of generic Chinese multi-tool.

And the last item is the SAK like object. Interestingly enough, it borrows from the Victorinox Cybertool line.

One side of the handle features a swing away button type compass. Also a white LED lamp is located on the other end, activate by that black oval button.

The other side features a small survival flash mirror along with a small eyeglass Phillips driver, and a nailfile/flat head screwdriver.

This one is kind a cool for a cheap tool.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: A few more for the cheap and cheerful brigade.
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 04:48:36 AM
  :tu:  love the buck clone.  Best buy of the lot IMHO.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%