Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What does your EDC gear weight?

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
What does your EDC gear weight?
on: July 08, 2008, 11:56:02 PM
I just took out everything I have in my pocket, wrist and neck to put on a kitchen scale to see how much crap I carry around with me everyday. And I found out everything together weight almost 2 pounds! (881g/31oz) Before I started in this EDC stuff all I had with me were keys, wallet, watch and phone. 

So how much weight do you carry around on person?

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: What does your EDC gear weight?
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:18:03 AM
I don't carry too much, about 400g (14oz).  That's just with the normal ever day pocket detritus.  If I'm planning on doing anything out the ordinary much more gets packed in.

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:23:52 AM
well it seems im not packin a lot today,these i usually have at trousers pockets and on belt.

Surge 355 gr+weight of sheath+bits+two saw blades,id say some 400gr
pocketwrench                                                                       60gr
uke 4aa                                                                              156gr
keys with 4" adjustable wrench,squirt                                       200gr
                                                                                        -------
                                                                                         816 gr.

not much.usually i tend to have Soma woody 20 bike multi,some Deano42 custom paracord lanyard,phone,wallet,and zippo too.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:56:51 AM
I've go 12oz (~348 g) right now. But that's with my Charge, which is about the heaviest MT I EDC, so normally it would be a bit less than that.

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:11:18 AM
Not much at all. The main weight is my flashlight with keychain. Of course, if they repel the draconian knife laws around here, I might have to revise my answer.  :gimme:
W

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 04:23:21 AM
I carry way to much weight around...... Owe wait your not asking how much I weigh :oops: :P

No really I do carry to much stuff, my pockets start to get heavy sometimes and I don't even own a Surge :P I have to go back and reassess my needs on some of the things in my pockets and leave some of the less useful things out :D

But I don't have any idea how much it all weighs sorry :-\

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:43:45 AM
Not much at all. The main weight is my flashlight with keychain. Of course, if they repel the draconian knife laws around here, I might have to revise my answer.  :gimme:

Really? I thought with the situation over there it would be more lax than that!

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 07:09:18 AM
It's complicated: on one hand, there's the lingering threat of some bloke stabbing you and your loved ones over stuff he saw on TV. On the other, there's the threat of locals stabbing each other over matters of honor, in what the government affectionately calls a "knife sub-culture". Fortunately, having knives banned in public places has completely eliminated both terror attacks and gang violence.

Oh wait... nevermind.  :-\
W

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00