Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Thumbs up for Leatherman Australia

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Thumbs up for Leatherman Australia
on: December 15, 2014, 09:24:56 AM
G'Day,

Commitment to exceptional customer service. That is not very hard, and it has to come from the core of the companies employees. Pride and belief in their product, that is my experience whenever I go to the Australian Leatherman Authorized Dealer: Zen Imports.

Today was no exception. I am taking part in the Skelle challenge with my BO MUT. Over the weekend I used it to cut some electrical cord from our tumble drier to attach a new plug. It took three tries to get through the cord, which is not very thick though. I noticed afterwards that the pliers had tightened up, similar to the issues we saw with some Rebars. I oiled the pliers and played with it for the remainder of the weekend. But every time I squeezed the pliers closed, it would tighten up. The small bit holder took a beating when my son and I removed and unscrewed old trellises from the garden. It was bent out of shape and scraped against the inside of the one handle. I eventually used a proper screw driver, the amount of force needed for the old bent and rusty screws would have been to much for any Multi. Sometimes you need a proper dedicated tool for the job.

I popped into Zen after work for them to take a look at the MUT and a BO Surge I had with the wire cutters biting into each other. The Surge was new with very little use, but the original shape. I was hoping that the pliers could be replaced while I was waiting. Well not a long wait and both tools were replaced under warranty, no questions asked.
THANK YOU Zen and the technical blokes there. Top class service with a smile!!!

I'll add some pics tomorrow when I can take good pictures outside.

Once again, thank you Zen.  :salute:

Cheers,

Pete

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Re: Thumbs up for Leatherman Australia
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:48:28 AM
The Pics
IMGP1769.JPG
* IMGP1769.JPG (Filesize: 218.66 KB)
IMGP1775.JPG
* IMGP1775.JPG (Filesize: 223.17 KB)
IMGP1776.JPG
* IMGP1776.JPG (Filesize: 225.09 KB)
IMGP1777.JPG
* IMGP1777.JPG (Filesize: 231.5 KB)

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:30 AM
She's a beauty, mate!  :tu:

Glad to hear all ended up on a high note, LM never fails to deliver when it comes to warranty!

EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:24:52 AM
They look awesome!! It's great that they looked after you.  :tu:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:22:49 AM
That's awesome! I must say that even though I carry a skeletool.  The MUT has buch better eye appeal IMO.

Also if you have an instagram (I'm a youngin) you can follow the Leatherman Australia account.

They have some behind the scenes and manufacturing pictures as well as tool picturesque tags.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:54:14 AM
That's awesome! I must say that even though I carry a skeletool.  The MUT has buch better eye appeal IMO.

Absolutely, it always gets comments or a reaction, even just looking at the blade. The size is perfect for quick blade deployment, even for a Lefty. Even thou it lacks the usual tool layout I absolutely love carrying it.

Also if you have an instagram (I'm a youngin) you can follow the Leatherman Australia account.

They have some behind the scenes and manufacturing pictures as well as tool picturesque tags.

I might give that instagram thing a go... ;)

Cheers

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD