Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Small Tinker

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
The Small Tinker
on: November 20, 2014, 07:14:52 PM
Hey. Check this out...

Know what that is? I bet you guessed by the title of this thread, huh? It's a Small Tinker.

Here's what it looks like next to a regular Tinker.

So, it's like the normal Tinker... but SMALL. Whoever named this thing got it right on the money.

I had a Small Tinker I got in a trade. It was an older model with the can key in the philips. It seemed near to being a collectors item, and I ended up trading it away because I couldn't bring myself to use it. This new one, I can use. And will.

I think it's awesome. I think I'll pair it with the Leatherman Style PS for EDC.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Re: The Small Tinker
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:28:16 PM
I carried the Tinker for over 25 years as my only EDC til it developed broken springs but not sure if they called it the "Small Tinker" back when I got mine.  It is a great sak and the smaller package then the current one just fits me better.  The one I had never let me down until old age got the best of it but I guess that can happen with all of us! LOL

Speaking of old age, I wish I could remember where I bought it from but if memory serves me, it was at the local True Value store where I used to get all my fishing gear!

Someday I should find me another one and see if I have the same feelings for it as I did all that time! It was my first sak and that means alot.  :)

I am sure it will serve you well!

us Offline sambeaux

Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Congrats on the new acquisition. I picked one up at a hardware store a while back and carried it for a few months. Then my girlfriend started occasionally enjoying some wine... and the small tinker was replaced with a Sportsman. :)

Sam

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 10:20:35 PM
That's the one you traded with me Lynn? I use the hell out of it :D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:22:55 PM
That's the one you traded with me Lynn? I use the hell out of it :D

Yep. And missed it as soon as it was gone. But it was too cool for me. Super glad it found a home, and someone willing to put it to work, though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%