Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Army Knights Banner 118327

No Life Club Posts: 2,065
Re: Swiss Army Knights Banner
« Reply #2700 on: February 18, 2021, 02:14:26 AM »
This is a great forum.  If you like the badge, then you might want to check out a challenge sometime.  Is one of those alox in your photo a Farmer X?
:iagree:
Challenges are definitely the best way to get to know everyone and are a lot of fun
Full Member Posts: 141
« Reply #2701 on: February 18, 2021, 02:44:41 AM »
This is a great forum.  If you like the badge, then you might want to check out a challenge sometime.  Is one of those alox in your photo a Farmer X?

No, just a standard Farmer. Have a hankering for an X now since receiving it about a week ago. I’ll be joining a challenge. Seems like good clean fun.
Newbie Posts: 45
« Reply #2702 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:21 AM »
My Wenger collection.

Any info appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sr. Member Posts: 251
« Reply #2703 on: February 18, 2021, 09:38:29 AM »
You awl (see what I did there?)are a bunch of enablers though. Worried I was going to run out of things to share so I bought six used SAK’s today.  :whistle:

I'll second that one. I've gone from just having a couple of SAKs round the house that I need to ordering a few extras and having a shopping list for payday next week.  :facepalm:

Will be keeping an eye on the challenges as well, I've had a look at a few of the badges and I'm tempted to start my own personal challenge thread at some point. Madness. :whistle:

We have the tools, we have the talent!
Global Moderator No Life Club Posts: 3,566
« Reply #2704 on: February 18, 2021, 01:57:22 PM »
My Wenger collection.
Any info appreciated.

Well I was going to be smart and say two SAKs and a watch - What info were you looking for?    :think:

If model names they are a Highlander and a Hobbyist - The reason I am being generous  ;)  is that I need a favour from you   :tu: 
- We do not have an image of the Hobbyist in the Wiki
Any chance you could take a photo of the Hobbyist along the lines of the regular SAK images in the Wiki - So that we can update it please - Pretty please
Photos are always credited to the originator (let us know the name to use) - default would be dlew919 from MTo.

Thanks bud
Newbie Posts: 8
« Reply #2705 on: February 18, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »
Tony's post above pretty much covers it. Give it a go and holler if you get stuck.   :tu:

Well I'm still stuck.  I click reply, then attachments and other options, then choose file.  That opens my picture folder on my computer.  I choose the pic I want, click, it comes up next to the choose file button, and that's it.  How do I get it into the message?  The pic is only 174KB so that shouldn't be the problem.  What am I missing? :dunno:

Thanks in advance.

ETA: I guess you can't see it in the preview box which is why I thought it wasn't working.  I was over thinking it as usual.  I think I'm all set til next time. :facepalm:

« Reply #2706 on: February 18, 2021, 04:56:39 PM »
I, CDP235, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture, but my EDC has been a Vic. Sportsman for at least 10 yrs. now.  I also carry a small (classic size) Wenger in a Maxpedition pouch in a cargo pocket.  I can't remember the model name.
 :climber:

Forgive me for quoting myself, But I wanted to say I used the SAKWiki to identify the Wenger I carry. It's an Evo88, which is a Pocket Tool Chest with Evo scales.
What a great resource.

66.72 kB | 388x262
No Life Club Posts: 4,006 join The American Legion Family - since 1919
« Reply #2707 on: February 18, 2021, 10:53:01 PM »
CDP... take a photo, go to where you would write. Look under the box and click + Attachments ...
Choose a file (pic) from phone or gallery.
If it's too large you will need to download a free pic resizer, choose the pic, drop it to say, 40% and and That one when you Choose File.
Whew! If I can do it you can!
And Welcome  :salute:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
« Reply #2708 on: February 18, 2021, 11:02:37 PM »
Well I was going to be smart and say two SAKs and a watch - What info were you looking for?    :think:

If model names they are a Highlander and a Hobbyist - The reason I am being generous  ;)  is that I need a favour from you   :tu: 
Any chance you could take a photo of the Hobbyist along the lines of the regular SAK images in the Wiki - So that we can update it please - Pretty please
Photos are always credited to the originator (let us know the name to use) - default would be dlew919 from MTo.

Thanks bud
No worries. I’ll do it later today. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Reply #2709 on: February 18, 2021, 11:03:57 PM »

Thanks bud
Who do I send the picture to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Reply #2710 on: February 18, 2021, 11:25:44 PM »
Thank you - Posting it here will be fine!
« Reply #2711 on: February 18, 2021, 11:41:03 PM »
Welcome to the Holy Order CDP325.

We commend thee for thy perseverance and thy dagger ist a most useful tool

Full Member Posts: 162
« Reply #2712 on: February 18, 2021, 11:48:46 PM »

I, _David_, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

I've been swapping my daily around, but it's mostly my new compact the last 2 weeks, seen on the extreme right.

Far left, and new this week, my first 91mm serrated, a Spartan, which I got new.  Most things I get are used.
Second, a used Champion.
Third, a new-to-me 84mm Salesman that I was thrilled to get last week.
Fourth, one of my favorites, a CyberTool 41 (L).  I got a good deal on that one, and it was immaculate with new scales.  It is Every Day Chairside.
Fifth, and last before my EDC Compact, is a Wenger Pocket Tool.  I keep it here because I think it's cool!

Not shown is the majority of my collection, which has a lot of 74mm, including a NIB Director and 4 other stainless models, plus a large handful of 58mm MiniChamp I/II, Mate, Rambler, and other non-Classics.  I have A few classics with inlays I've liked or have special meaning, too.  Finally, I've got a handful of limited (special?) editions in different sizes.  The latter aren't valuable ones, but a few colors I liked and could afford. Oh, and a green alox Swiss Bianca MiniChamp that I love but had to pay too much for.

(Sorry for any funky formatting.  It kept putting extra bracket formatting all over the place.  It was like whack-a-mole.)

My Mods: 58mm Workshop, 91mm Picnicker, CyberCompact

Some Fav's: 74mm's in general, Salesman, Pocket Tool Chest, MiniChamp, CyberTool 34/M, Compact
Likely to pick up soon:  Cheese Master, something with a pruner blade
Always keeping an eye out:  stainless with guilloche, interesting inlay logos
If I had a few extra hundred $:  91mm with long file, Wine Master
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 36,708
« Reply #2713 on: February 19, 2021, 12:50:11 AM »
Bannered.   :tu:
« Reply #2714 on: February 19, 2021, 02:45:24 AM »

How’s this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,054
Swiss Army Knights Banner
« Reply #2715 on: February 19, 2021, 06:24:23 AM »
Congrats and welcome new knights
« Reply #2716 on: February 19, 2021, 01:07:59 PM »
CDP... take a photo, go to where you would write. Look under the box and click + Attachments ...
Choose a file (pic) from phone or gallery.
If it's too large you will need to download a free pic resizer, choose the pic, drop it to say, 40% and and That one when you Choose File.
Whew! If I can do it you can!
And Welcome  :salute:

Thanks for the help, I finally figured it out. :salute:
« Reply #2717 on: February 19, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »
Congrats and welcome new knights
  :salute:   :cheers:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
Just Bananas Posts: 74,956
« Reply #2718 on: February 19, 2021, 04:33:02 PM »
Welcome to the Swiss Army Knights Sir David :salute:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
« Reply #2719 on: February 20, 2021, 02:05:10 PM »
@dlew919 - Image is in the Wiki - Thank you very much     :tu:     :salute:
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+Hobbyist

@DavZell - Welcome - Love the image and all the stories of your SAKs      :tu:     :salute:
No Life Club Posts: 2,513
« Reply #2720 on: February 20, 2021, 04:57:14 PM »
I, _David_, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

I've been swapping my daily around, but it's mostly my new compact the last 2 weeks, seen on the extreme right.

Far left, and new this week, my first 91mm serrated, a Spartan, which I got new.  Most things I get are used.
Second, a used Champion.
Third, a new-to-me 84mm Salesman that I was thrilled to get last week.
Fourth, one of my favorites, a CyberTool 41 (L).  I got a good deal on that one, and it was immaculate with new scales.  It is Every Day Chairside.
Fifth, and last before my EDC Compact, is a Wenger Pocket Tool.  I keep it here because I think it's cool!

Not shown is the majority of my collection, which has a lot of 74mm, including a NIB Director and 4 other stainless models, plus a large handful of 58mm MiniChamp I/II, Mate, Rambler, and other non-Classics.  I have A few classics with inlays I've liked or have special meaning, too.  Finally, I've got a handful of limited (special?) editions in different sizes.  The latter aren't valuable ones, but a few colors I liked and could afford. Oh, and a green alox Swiss Bianca MiniChamp that I love but had to pay too much for.

(Sorry for any funky formatting.  It kept putting extra bracket formatting all over the place.  It was like whack-a-mole.)

(Image removed from quote.)

:like:
Hero Member Posts: 613 The SAK Also Rises
« Reply #2721 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:07 PM »
Welcome to the digital ⛲️ of youth!

🎟

And enjoy.

He had decided none of it was true, except what he carried with him everyday.-—SgtTowser
« Reply #2722 on: February 21, 2021, 09:10:24 PM »
 :salute:   :cheers:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
Sr. Member Posts: 490 Guillaume
« Reply #2723 on: February 28, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
I, guibur, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Always have a choice for my EDC.

Soldier 08 - Climber - Spartan - Sportsman - Midnite Manager

My first name : Guillaume + my name Bur***** = guibur

"Soyez grands par les faits, et simples en paroles."

My YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbyvNcXV7KGEfQVgnCcY4Yg
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 36,708
« Reply #2724 on: February 28, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
Bannered.   :tu:
Sr. Member Posts: 490 Guillaume
« Reply #2725 on: February 28, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »