Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Frost mora

jzmtl · 168 · 17392

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Frost mora
Reply #60 on: July 24, 2008, 11:43:26 PM
Cheapest Mora I've found on these shore's...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SWEDISH-MORA-KNIFE-SHEATH_W0QQitemZ170243119838QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170243119838&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

It's the older style stainless variety, but I had one for yonks before I gave it to a mate of mine ::). Good servicable knife :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: July 24, 2008, 11:47:24 PM
You can't beat the Mora I have one that was generously gifted by MickyD and will accompany me and Jock jnr this weekend on our first father and son camping trip
Cheers Mick :salute:

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #62 on: July 24, 2008, 11:49:22 PM
I want one of those.  I like the fact they do some slightly eccentric versions but that's about the only one I'd really use.

Neil

you mean the pictured one is the one you would like?

heres also some odd looking electricians mora´s,frost´s etc.

Reply #63 on: July 24, 2008, 11:50:07 PM
I hope it earns it's keep mate :)

And we'll be wanting the low down on the trip too :pok:

Here's the Mora Ricky's chating about...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Frosts-Mora-740-High-Carbon-Bushcraft-Survival-Knife_W0QQitemZ320278426689QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320278426689&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #64 on: July 24, 2008, 11:51:41 PM
I think most of us arrive at the same conclusion before too long RZ :)

Yeah micky d, but the crux of the matter is what is "reasonably priced" and what is "expensive."

On various forums I've seen pics from people showing 5 or more copies of the same model Spyderco (except maybe with different color scales.)

For me, most Spyderco knives count as expensive items that I'd be somewhat hesitant to EDC, much less buy 6 copies.

For other people, Spydercos are just low-end, mass-produced knives - barely the minimum level of quality acceptable for an EDC item.

I've got a rough rule of thumb, if it's a folder costing more than £50 I probably won't use it, if it's a fixed blade costing over £100 I won't use that either :)

I'm not comfortable with EDCing a folding knife that cost me 50 pounds = 100 bucks.

Too many EDC knives stolen or lost over the years.

Of course to many people 50 pounds is just chump change. ;>

N

Reply #65 on: July 24, 2008, 11:56:08 PM
Trust me £50 quid is still a SUBSTANTIAL sum to me :(, but there my hobby, so I don't mind spending a little more for them :)

As for losing stuff, everything I have, from Mobile phone to Farmer is lanyarded down :D

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: July 25, 2008, 12:25:13 AM

you mean the pictured one is the one you would like?

Yes, the chisel ended one. 

heres also some odd looking electricians mora´s,frost´s etc.

Quick, give us the link.  I've been looking for over half an hour for where I saw all the odd Moras.  If I don't find a source soon I'm going to get the  :twak: :twak: again  :cry:

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: July 25, 2008, 12:42:19 AM
about an quarter of a mile from my"post" is this store that usually stocks all kinds of moras.ill go and take a look tomorrow,OK?

i cant find any links now but maybe ill buy one for a show.

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: July 25, 2008, 12:44:09 AM
 :salute: Good man  :D

Neil

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: July 25, 2008, 12:47:05 AM
Do any of u want some moras,frosts or another branded knives like that,here theyre way cheaper.

all the hardware stores here sell mora´s like bread and they dont cost  alot at all.

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #70 on: July 25, 2008, 12:52:54 AM
One of my favorites is not a Mora...the Finn M571 is a plastic handled Puukko with a forged carbon steel blade.

* finn_m571.jpg (Filesize: 55.4 KB)

* finncut01.jpg (Filesize: 35.66 KB)

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #71 on: July 25, 2008, 12:56:35 AM
Trust me £50 quid is still a SUBSTANTIAL sum to me :(, but there my hobby, so I don't mind spending a little more for them :)

As for losing stuff, everything I have, from Mobile phone to Farmer is lanyarded down :D

Lanyards are always a good idea, although it's rare that I've lost a knife where a lanyard would have saved it.

Mostly they've been stolen out of my car, my desk at work, my rucksack, and my briefcase.

I do confess to having a bad habit of "momentarily" setting knives and multis down in a busy work environment.  If I forget to immediately pick it back up and go off to briefly do something else, on a few occasions I've come back to discover it "walked away."  :<

N

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57:58 AM
One of my favorites is not a Mora...the Finn M571 is a plastic handled Puukko with a forged carbon steel blade.

yep i have few of those same knives mate.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: July 25, 2008, 01:02:03 AM
this one is really good bushcraft blade too,and it sure aint expensive to get.

http://www.marttiini.fi/puukot/shop/prod.asp?ContID=266

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: July 25, 2008, 01:05:30 AM
I'm beginning to feel another trade coming on  ;)

Neil

Offline Abstraction

Reply #76 on: July 25, 2008, 01:05:47 AM
Do any of u want some moras,frosts or another branded knives like that,here theyre way cheaper.

all the hardware stores here sell mora´s like bread and they dont cost  alot at all.

How much are they out there?  A Mora (stainless or carbon) is about £10 here, which is bloody cheap in these parts, considering the average kitchen knife you'll pick up for a tenner in tesco will be absolute crap. I've been thinking of picking a stainless one up for a while now, my carbon steel one is still amazing but it tends to pick up rust spots here and there so was thinking about ordering another couple, including a stainless one for cooking  :sak:

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #77 on: July 25, 2008, 01:09:14 AM
this one is really good bushcraft blade too,and it sure aint expensive to get.

Yeah, the Marttiini Condor series is fairly easy to find in the US and inexpensive too.

* condor06.jpg (Filesize: 55.67 KB)

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #78 on: July 25, 2008, 01:11:10 AM
For a heavy duty blade, look at the Hultafors GK.

* hultifors_gk01.jpg (Filesize: 45.56 KB)

* hultifors_gk02.jpg (Filesize: 52.07 KB)

* hultifors_gk03.jpg (Filesize: 22.42 KB)

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: July 25, 2008, 01:14:54 AM

MAN I JUST CANT STAND THIS GUY AND HIS ULTRA-FINE SHEATHS AT ALL !!!!!!!

:D

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 01:23:50 AM
Hultafors also has an odd "Plumbers" model with a filing surface on the side of the blade.

* hultifor01.jpg (Filesize: 31.47 KB)

* hultifor02.jpg (Filesize: 21.88 KB)

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 01:27:07 AM

Neil

https://www.karkkainen.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ResolveUrl?urlToResolve=ProductDisplay%3fcatalogId%3d10101%26storeId%3d10551%26productId%3d29082%26langId%3d-11&fromSearch=true

??

3.20 euros.

ok now i came back from that hardware shop,theres these chisel/pry bar knifes for 5.5 euros a piece,theyre a bit better done than ones in link aboce,and have 10mm longer blade,and theyre different brand but made in sweden and the one i tried was razor sharp.

there was also other kind of scandis in price range of 2-7 euros.bigger ones were"6000",that i can remember but i cant recall the maker right now,sorry :D.

theres also one older more with odd sheath from time after war when people couldnt afford any leather sheaths,this one is s-series with quite good original shaped blade,red painted wood handle,and the red sheath is made from some odd paper/leather/rubber? mixture,and it has only genuine leather belt loop stapled in the sheath.it cost 10 euros.

how many do i ship there :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:03:56 PM by Tarrodemierda »

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: July 25, 2008, 02:22:57 AM
 :o Bargain!  :o

I'll PM you in the morning, we'll sort something out.  Now must sleep, coffee failing ...

Neil

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: July 25, 2008, 07:25:01 AM
well atleast the blade in is hand-forged all the way :D

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: July 25, 2008, 07:42:26 AM
This thread is killing me! Every picture and link looks like another amazing find.  :o

I didn't even know these things existed a short while ago, and now the whole internet seems infected with Scandis...
[

Reply #87 on: July 25, 2008, 09:08:18 AM

How much are they out there?  A Mora (stainless or carbon) is about £10 here, which is bloody cheap in these parts, considering the average kitchen knife you'll pick up for a tenner in tesco will be absolute crap. I've been thinking of picking a stainless one up for a while now, my carbon steel one is still amazing but it tends to pick up rust spots here and there so was thinking about ordering another couple, including a stainless one for cooking  :sak:
I've got a stainless on for kitchen duties, and it's pretty good, the only thing is that the steel's pretty soft :-\

Offline Abstraction

Reply #88 on: July 25, 2008, 10:12:50 AM

I've got a stainless on for kitchen duties, and it's pretty good, the only thing is that the steel's pretty soft :-\

Thinking more for BBQ's and outdoor cooking, its nice to have a dedicated knife for that and a stainless mora would be a good budget choice i reckon, though i'll be faced with the same problem i have with my CS Mora - that i'm wary of actually taking it out the house unless i'm packed up with enough crap that its obvious im planning on camping and not going on a stabbing spree!

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: July 25, 2008, 01:04:09 PM

Neil

https://www.karkkainen.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ResolveUrl?urlToResolve=ProductDisplay%3fcatalogId%3d10101%26storeId%3d10551%26productId%3d29082%26langId%3d-11&fromSearch=true

??

3.20 euros.

ok now i came back from that hardware shop,theres these chisel/pry bar knifes for 5.5 euros a piece,theyre a bit better done than ones in link aboce,and have 10mm longer blade,and theyre different brand but made in sweden and the one i tried was razor sharp.

there was also other kind of scandis in price range of 2-7 euros.bigger ones were"6000",that i can remember but i cant recall the maker right now,sorry :D.

theres also one older more with odd sheath from time after war when people couldnt afford any leather sheaths,this one is s-series with quite good original shaped blade,red painted wood handle,and the red sheath is made from some odd paper/leather/rubber? mixture,and it has only genuine leather belt loop stapled in the sheath.it cost 10 euros.

how many do i ship there :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD