Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A quick peek in my safe.

Chako · 13 · 1437

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
A quick peek in my safe.
on: November 29, 2014, 02:12:57 AM
You know I like to let folks see my collection...well, I am going to let you have a quick peek into what is in the safe. Why you may ask..I have no clue to be honest, but it looks like a lot of new threads are being made, and I thought, may as well in the spirit etc...

First, some back story is needed. When my father passed away, I was left with the unenviable task of cleaning out my parents bedroom. This is where I found so many multi-tools and thus, led me to this website. However, i also found a lot of jewelry. In fact, the stuff was everywhere. I decided to buy a safe to keep it well...safe.

Now you folks get a quick look at the family jewels. Just be sure to hide the lard.  :rofl:

Here is the interior of the safe.

My mother's rings.

My dad and my rings. I can't stand wearing jewelry...but that didn't stop him from buying me a few during High school.

My father's gold necklaces etc. I swear, if he could look like Mr. T, he would have went for it. AS it was, he gave it a good go.

More of my mother's stuff.

This surprised me somewhat. I guess my mother had a wild side to her as I found this kind of stuff in her Jewelery box. Looks like it is from the 6o's or 70's.

More necklaces. One of the pearl necklaces looks like it has deteriorated either from age, or lack of maintenance. I think it belonged to my grandmother.

Miscellaneous ear rings and stuff.

Even more stuff.

Some of my father's jewelery dating to the 70's. I remember when he bought the bracelet...I think it was in Lake Placid NY back in 75.

More ear rings, and stuff.

Now these have a history. These are my mother's charm bracelets. I gather it was a popular thing to do back in the 60 and 70's. Looks like I will have to clean a few of these pieces sooner than later.

Even more necklaces.

Broaches anyone?

My mother loved jade...so this is her little collection of jade jewelry.

She was also into cameos.

So there you have it, a peek into the safe. Just because. :D

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Re: A quick peek in my safe.
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 02:38:12 AM
Thanks for the sneak peek. It is interesting seeing what other people wore in different time periods.

-AdmSlc

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:36:43 AM
Chaco is secretly working for the RCMP, and this is a sting operation to see who tries to burglarize his place. 8)

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:11:34 AM

Thanks for the show.  I guess some of your joy of collecting may be genetic?   :D
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 07:28:08 AM
Chako, thanks for sharing.  It is interesting to see how people's taste changes with time, and with the steel chain bracelet, I think your Dad could totally go for the T-look if he wanted.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:51:15 PM
Funny that my parents loved jewelry so much...that I am the exact opposite. I have had it appraised...hence the safe. Don't worry ColoSwiss, I have security. If I was worried about stuff like that, I wouldn't be sharing my MT collection so freely on this forum.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:56:02 PM by Chako »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 02:26:15 PM
My wife has a lot of stuff but she dislikes gold. She likes stones mostly. Gold in cosmetics goes downwards, perhaps since it is connected with subcultures. It's the same in my country, folk singers of the lowest degree and nomadic people wear gold, others rarely something more than a wedding rimg and/or the cross of their baptism. A sad recent fact is thatany people sold their fold to chain gold exchange stores of English and German origin (that accept gold without anu proof of ownership and burglaries are very high, they use metal detectors to find gold and also steal the money people withdrew from the banks fearing a total financial colapse. All that because of the 5 year and counting financial crisis of course. Young people wear bracelets, rings and neclaces of silver, leather, cord, even rubber.
It is nice to honor your family history anyways.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 05:36:12 PM
My wife has a lot of stuff but she dislikes gold. She likes stones mostly.

Just by this line, the whole game just elevated to another level.  :D

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 09:45:20 PM
Not very expensive stones. She inspired me to make a collection after learning the different precious and semiprecious stones.
The price of stones is completely artificial, a market invention. Many perfect and beautiful stones, such as hematite, are very cheap. Emeralds, full of internal faults, are insanely expensive.
Sorry Chako, another opportunity to show my beloved collection, of great personal value but not of high cost.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 04:22:54 AM
Oh that is ok. You can't tell on the rings...but there are plenty of high priced stones evident there. I have a ring from my mother that features a very beautiful type of opal that a local jeweler once offered to pay 2 thousand for. My father had a penchant for rubies.

By the way, if you have an iPad, may I recommend Gems and Jewels by Touch Press. Well worth the 14 bucks in my opinion.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 07:20:43 PM
Not very expensive stones. She inspired me to make a collection after learning the different precious and semiprecious stones.
The price of stones is completely artificial, a market invention. Many perfect and beautiful stones, such as hematite, are very cheap. Emeralds, full of internal faults, are insanely expensive.
Sorry Chako, another opportunity to show my beloved collection, of great personal value but not of high cost. (Image removed from quote.)

That's really cool, some common interest that a couple could share.  I still have a hard time just to convince my wife to go camping with me, or even convey the idea that SAK collecting is not silly. :facepalm: :D

Chako, ain't that an addictive game or was it an actual ibook?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 07:48:45 PM
Check out Touch Press. Lots of great electronic books. I have the Periodic table, which is the best periodic table around. Come to think of it, I was so impressed with the periodic table, I pretty much bought all of their stuff other than the poetry and music apps.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
Since we are on the topic of ibook, I don't remember where I read this, but it may worth looking into for SAK lovers:

A Tool For Generations
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/a-tool-for-generations/id940151151?mt=11

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44