Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Losing interest

tosh · 39 · 2296

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Re: Losing interest
Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 01:41:42 PM
It happens I got out of multitools for a few years. I like to work on cap and ball revolvers and surplus rifles. I also cast my own bullets make my own black powder and reload. I am disabled I have a bad back and knees. My back took a turn for the worst I am losing use of my legs so I am back to playing with my multitools what the heck it keeps me off the streets.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 04:06:41 AM
It happens I got out of multitools for a few years. I like to work on cap and ball revolvers and surplus rifles. I also cast my own bullets make my own black powder and reload. I am disabled I have a bad back and knees. My back took a turn for the worst I am losing use of my legs so I am back to playing with my multitools what the heck it keeps me off the streets.
Mike

Sorry about your health issues Mike.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 06:32:39 PM
I do think laws play a part for me as would still carry my of wave daily,and the reason ive not got a spirit yet  :-\ although I'm having fun at the moment trying out different layered sak, as for plier based mt's I think I'm done  :cry:

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 08:24:03 PM
YOU'RE NEVER DONE WITH PLIER BASED MULTIS. "viking"

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 02:32:00 AM
I do think laws play a part for me as would still carry my of wave daily,and the reason ive not got a spirit yet  :-\ although I'm having fun at the moment trying out different layered sak, as for plier based mt's I think I'm done  :cry:

Bummer its that way.  I think that and the prices they want outside the US is another factor for many. 

I am taking my time with my collection but as for my day to day tools I'm pretty content. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:14:00 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 03:11:31 AM
Anybody else gone through these phases?

Kind of ....

I've tried pretty much everything I've wanted to try, and found what works for me and what doesn't. It's kind of like the "age of exploration" has come to an end, and I've settled down with what I like. I know there's a good few members here who will know what I mean by this. Kirky Boy started a thread about multitool enlightenment a while back.

Yup, same here. When you first get started, you can't get enough. There was a time I was on first name basis with my postman and was buying half a dozen SAKs/multies a month, sometimes more. Plus loads of flashlights. Everything that came out on AAA format I had to have.

Now, I think I've won/got gifted more tools this year than I've bought. And I only bought 3 flashlights this year.

Once you've found your sweet spot or tried out all the stuff that peaked your interest, it winds down a bit.

I'm always waiting for the Shot Show week and hoping something new and interesting will be announced there. Won't be long now. :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:34:01 AM by enki_ck »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 11:25:39 PM
I don't know what more can be done mt wise  :think: I still compare all mt's too my og wave as it was my perfect edc for years,now I enjoy carrying one of my 91mm Vic's as got many models too choose from,I do hope Vic make a slipjoint spirit but till that day I'm pretty content  :tu:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 04:24:20 AM
I don't know what more can be done mt wise  :think:

A frikin laser!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!