Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

help I.D. this Victorinox please

Offline gibson_es

help I.D. this Victorinox please
on: December 13, 2014, 02:58:46 AM
I picked up another SAK today but cant seem to identify its model, or what a couple of tools on it are for, there not on my Swiss champ and i assume this knife is no longer in production as i dont see these tools on any other knifes online. though i may have overlooked it.

it measured around 71mm or so in length. there is a photo of it with my swiss champ and classic for size reference. the two tools in question are:

1. the tool that is at the end of the nail file (might just be a nail cleaner, but looks funky and i dont know its proper name)

2. the tool on the side with the two knives... looks like it has a small flathead screwdriver on the end, but the rest of it i have no idea.

lastly, any idea what/were to get replacements for the tweezers and, what i assume was, the toothpick? i may have not read it correctly, but the sizes that are on victorinox site seems to be either for larger, or smaller, size knifes.

IMG_20141212_203022087.jpg
* IMG_20141212_203022087.jpg (Filesize: 128.35 KB)
IMG_20141212_203137131.jpg
* IMG_20141212_203137131.jpg (Filesize: 119.73 KB)
IMG_20141212_203143292.jpg
* IMG_20141212_203143292.jpg (Filesize: 143.78 KB)
IMG_20141212_204035992.jpg
* IMG_20141212_204035992.jpg (Filesize: 134.29 KB)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: help I.D. this Victorinox please
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 03:00:33 AM
Executive
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 03:02:52 AM
What you have there is a favorite of mine, the Executive..  Great knife.  :tu:  For replacement parts, check with Felinevet, Tim can hook you up.  :tu: 
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Offline gibson_es

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 03:03:36 AM
Thank you! i dont know how i over looked that. any way to date these?

and thanks to jersey for the links! may i ask what about this knife puts it on your favorites list?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:05:49 AM by gibson_es »

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 06:20:39 AM
The tool with the screwdriver tip and the short wavy edge is an Orange Peeler and it does a good job at that task. But a little work with a stone and you can make it into a short serrated edge blade which will still peel oranges, but also do much more.

A few of the features that can help date an Executive are the Tang stamp on the main blade, the number of teeth on the orange peeler, the scissor return spring and the size of the pivot pins (1.6mm on early examples and 2mm on later ones) but that's hard to tell without pulling it apart. ::)
Not sure if the 74mm scissors went to a riveted pivot, but that would also provide a date reference.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 03:05:17 PM
They've finally started putting new files on some of the models, too. Instead of the old cross cut style, they are sometimes using a more machine cut style.  SMKW has good examples: Their red models have the older style, but the black ones have the new style.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 07:29:53 PM
They've finally started putting new files on some of the models, too. Instead of the old cross cut style, they are sometimes using a more machine cut style.  SMKW has good examples: Their red models have the older style, but the black ones have the new style.

Do you have pics of the new files, maybe compared to the old ones?

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 08:26:07 PM
No, but if I happen to stop by there on the way up or back from Cincinnati next weekend, I'll try to remember to take a comparison picture. :)

It depends on what time I've traveling through there, and how bad the construction is (it's been on-going for four plus years now, and just getting worse). >.>

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 08:36:49 PM

A backward step IMO. The "real" file was one of the good points of the Executive. It is actually useful for things other than fingernails.
Sure, the spark eroded nail files do a better job for manicure tasks but are pretty hopeless for anything else.

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 09:57:52 PM
 :o
Althouhgh I dunno what would be (is) the mentioned new file, but do know for sure that (old) Executive's file was (is) the best nail file out there 8)

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 03:07:32 AM

A backward step IMO. The "real" file was one of the good points of the Executive. It is actually useful for things other than fingernails.
Sure, the spark eroded nail files do a better job for manicure tasks but are pretty hopeless for anything else.

I don't think it's spark eroded, more like mechanically cut perpendicular across.

Offline Jibs182

Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 12:17:46 AM
When I was a kid I saw a MacGyver episode where he used the Orange peeler to strip a wire or something. I ran to the store that same day and bought an Executive.

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 10:31:00 PM
When I was a kid I saw a MacGyver episode where he used the Orange peeler to strip a wire or something. I ran to the store that same day and bought an Executive.
You've taken the only rational act ... :whistle:

Btw,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69