Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss+Tech 3 Piece Tool Set.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Swiss+Tech 3 Piece Tool Set.
on: December 20, 2014, 02:30:47 PM
Someone posted an interesting and new 3 piece tool set made by Swiss+Tech a while back on this forum. At the time, I knew I had to get it for the collection, but couldn't as they weren't for sale in Canada, nor on eBay.ca. Well my waiting and patience paid off. I just got the set I wanted in the door and thus this short review.

To say I was absolutely positively shocked about the one tool is putting it mildly.

This new 3 piece tool set comes in a blue packaging, differentiating it from the older red packaged tool sets. This one contains a T-Rex, a Micro-Max Xtreme, and an All Purpose.

Lets get the elephant out of the way first. When I first saw the set, I really wanted the Micro Max Xtreme as I have most of their other pocket tool pliers. I figured it was a fancier Micro-Max 19 in 1.

Here is the Micro-Max 19 in 1.

Here is the Micro-Max Xtreme.

This is what shocked me...

This is no keychain tool!

Here it is lording it over the rest.

Not sure where Micro comes into play, but the Micro-Max Extreme features 22 tools.

- 4, 5, and 6 mm Allen drivers
- 1/4" wrench
- 7/16" wrench
- #0, 1, and 2 Phillips screwdriver
- #0, 1, and 2 Flathead screwdriver
- pliers
- wire cutter
- wire stripper
- hand drill
- file
- bottle opener
- Inch and metric ruler with extensions

The All Purpose is nothing more than a revamped Carabiner 6 in 1 tool which is shown here on the bottom.

Both feature the same tools, except the All Purpose is larger in size and include both a dual LED lamp and metal carabiner. However, the smaller older model features a more powerful single LED at the cost of a poorer plastic clip.

The T Rex is an interesting solid piece of kit. They call this a Pocket Tool Kit, but I think it is stretching that feature a little, as this is one solid and heavy multi-tool.

The T Rex offers:

- pliers
- wire cutter
- PE knife
- serrated knife and small eyeglass flat-head screwdriver
- 1/4" bit driver including #0 and 1 flat-head screwdriver bit and #2 Phillips screwdriver bit.

The pliers which are not spring loaded, are held closed via a spring loaded steel ball.

The pliers on the T Rex are thick and large for a tool of its size. What it won't do is open a great deal wide. Here are the pliers opened as wide as they can go.

That concludes this Swiss+Tech 3 piece tool set. I will have to admit, I laughed my smurf off when I saw the size of that Micro-Max Xtreme.  :rofl:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:36:24 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Re: Swiss+Tech 3 Piece Tool Set.
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:48:19 PM
And you're supposed to carry the Micro-Max Xtreme where/how exactly??? I'm as surprised as you are, the pic with both of them opened gives a good perspective but with all the tools closed really show how huge that thing is!! It would take both of my back pockets empty to carry it! Thanks for sharing Chako, and for the good laugh. I hope you have great holidays (and by that I mean filled with lots of MT's)!!!

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:57:05 PM
The stupid-crazy thing is that there's another model that's even a hair bigger than that, if memory serves.  :ahhh

The All-Purpose comes in a couple different models, with different tool load-outs; you can even swap out the plastic shell for a different color. :tu:

I just like the looks of the T-Rex... I wonder why? ;)  :whistle:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 05:47:07 PM
A bit bigger than the Micro-Max Xtreme, or the All Purpose?  :think:

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 10:14:11 PM
A bit bigger than the Micro-Max Xtreme, or the All Purpose?  :think:

I think it's a small bit bigger (or more features, maybe?) than the Micro-Max.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%