Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Streamlight Stylus Pro

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Streamlight Stylus Pro
on: July 15, 2008, 02:24:01 AM
Well, I was looking through a desk draw and I found my SL Stylus Pro! I had bought it awhile back, but I forgot I had it- I guess!  :-[ Anyways, this is a GREAT light.. I don't know why, but I really like this light.. The output is pretty good for a 2AAA light as well. It says 24 lumens give or take.. Oh, I cannot wait for my E01 and LOD Q4 t to come!! The LOD looks phenomenal! So, the Stylus Pro is a GREAT little pen light.. I also have the microstream, but I like the Stylus Pro is a little better.. I am a BIG fan of the Stylus Pro!!
B

Offline kreskin13

Re: Streamlight Stylus Pro
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:32:19 PM
Well, I was looking through a desk draw and I found my SL Stylus Pro! I had bought it awhile back, but I forgot I had it- I guess!  :-[ Anyways, this is a GREAT light.. I don't know why, but I really like this light.. The output is pretty good for a 2AAA light as well. It says 24 lumens give or take.. Oh, I cannot wait for my E01 and LOD Q4 t to come!! The LOD looks phenomenal! So, the Stylus Pro is a GREAT little pen light.. I also have the microstream, but I like the Stylus Pro is a little better.. I am a BIG fan of the Stylus Pro!!

Back at you buddy, I couldn't agree more. It's been one of my EDC lights at work for months now along with my Fenix L2D. 8)

I must carry at least 2 flashlights with me at all times! :D

My pocket carry lights are a Fenix L0D (1 AAA, 60 lumens!) and one in a SAK Classic.

I need to take those pics of my 100+ flashlights I've been promising for months. :twak:

Calvin
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:34:12 PM
I need to take those pics of my 100+ flashlights I've been promising for months. :twak:

Calvin
Yes you do mate, how else are you going to make the Jamie's go green with envy :pok: :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline kreskin13

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 02:44:14 PM

Calvin
Yes you do mate, how else are you going to make the Jamie's go green with envy :pok: :D

You got me on that one. Jamie? ???

Calvin
[

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 02:45:35 PM

:D :D

Offline kreskin13

Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 02:52:52 PM

I can't watch it now. The commie smurfs here at work won't let us have streaming video or audio any longer! >:(

Calvin
[

Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 02:54:07 PM

I can't watch it now. The commie smurfs here at work won't let us have streaming video or audio any longer! >:(

Calvin
Basically it was an 80's cartoon for the under 6's all about a lad called Jamie and his magic torch :D

Offline kreskin13

Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 03:17:47 PM

Calvin
Basically it was an 80's cartoon for the under 6's all about a lad called Jamie and his magic torch :D

I'll check it out when I get home.

Calvin
[

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 11:44:20 PM
So, the Stylus Pro is a GREAT little pen light.. I also have the microstream, but I like the Stylus Pro is a little better.. I am a BIG fan of the Stylus Pro!!

Hard for me to decide which I love more:
-1AAA MicroStream
or
-2AAA StylusPro

MicroStream is better for trouser pocket carry due to its shorter OAL, but I prefer StylusPro for shirt pocket carry.

Output is similar, but I have one MicroStream that is actually a little brighter than any of my StylusPros.

The big advantage of StylusPro is runtime - four to five times the runtime of MicroStream.

Still amazes me that Streamlight can make and sell lights this excellent for less than 20 bucks!

N

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 12:28:02 AM

whaaaaaa?  That would be awesome.
[

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 11:41:00 PM
i was just outside,walking with our dogs at the trails close by in the woods,and i tested a bit my brand new stylus pro,and man,i gotta say its a really awesome,compared to my previous aa-maglites without leds etc.

this wont be my last streamlight!

Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 11:42:37 PM
i was just outside,walking with our dogs at the trails close by in the woods,and i tested a bit my brand new stylus pro,and man,i gotta say its a really awesome,compared to my previous aa-maglites without leds etc.

It's amazing just how much better this generation of torches are compared to the humble Maglite :o

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 11:47:30 PM
i still give my oath to Maglites that have served me well for a long long time,and i got this one with leds,its also good.
i aint sellin my soul after tryin one of these hi tech gadgets.

"no school like old school" u know.

Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 11:48:25 PM
Yeah maglite's are still pretty good for smacking baddies in the head :D

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 08:09:36 PM
Yeah maglite's are still pretty good for smacking baddies in the head :D
Really? who told you that one? :D

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 02:38:12 AM
 I am very fond of my Stylus Pro and Microstream. They stand up well in the work environent. I won't swear off my Surefires yet ,but they are a sweet little lite !

Chris

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 05:35:41 AM

Glad to hear you like you new light!

StylusPro - and MicroStream too - have amazingly good general purpose outputs, especially considering their price points.

Decent throw for small AAA diameter lights that smoothly transitions to nice, wide spillbeams.  Very nice spill that is bright enough to see out to medium distance, and smooth enough to be pleasant to use for close up tasks.

A guy could easily get by out in the woods for weeks with nothing more than a StylusPro and a few extra AAA cells.

StylusPro actually has a better ouput than the 2C incan flashlights that I relied on for many years for night hiking.

N

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 12:06:38 PM
hey u,whats the difference between stylus and stylus PRO ?

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 02:20:45 PM
B

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 02:22:17 PM

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 02:23:53 PM
No problem, buddy!
B

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 09:31:16 PM
hey u,whats the difference between stylus and stylus PRO ?

Stylus is an older Streamlight model that drives a 5mm LED (like that found in plastic squeeze lights) using 3 AAAA cells.  AAAA is an uncommon size of cell that won't be found at gas stations, convenience stores, etc.

Longer and slimmer body and about 1/4 the output of StylusPro.

N

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 09:34:59 PM
One thing i've found with the StylusPro is that the coating isn't particularly strong, you may remember my peli case with a load of stuff in, one being the StylusPro, and there isn't much room in there for much movement and yet the coating has started to come off in places. It doesn't bother me really as its more of an emergency light and a lack of coating won't stop it working but if it was my edc light i would be disappointed :-\
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:02 PM
My stylus pro suffered a broken pocket clip , Easly replaced with a clip off a superlube container. All in all Im very pleased.

Chris

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 06:17:37 AM
One thing i've found with the StylusPro is that the coating isn't particularly strong, you may remember my peli case with a load of stuff in, one being the StylusPro, and there isn't much room in there for much movement and yet the coating has started to come off in places. It doesn't bother me really as its more of an emergency light and a lack of coating won't stop it working but if it was my edc light i would be disappointed :-\

StylusPro and MicroStream are anodized I believe, but not Hard Anodized.

Not many lights available for under 20 bucks are Hard Anodized - Fenix E01 IIRC and maybe a few others I'm not aware of.

Anyhow, even the Hard Anodized lights will eventually show wear if carried in pockets with keys, coins, knives, etc.

There are expensive lights available with stainless, brass, and even titanium bodies that are effectively immune to surface wear and tear due to pocket carry.

The finish on my StylusPro has held up well after nearly a year of pocket carry, but it was carried in shirt pockets not trouser pockets.

One of my MicroStreams has been trouser pocket carried for a few months and has some dings and bald spots in its finish, but so long as the light works the cosmetic issues don't bother me much.

N

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 07:41:13 PM
I recently gave my Stylus Pro to a friend , who was carrying a POS minimag knockoff. The thing was less bright than the Stylus an substantially larger. I have paired up my Microstream with a Surefire E1B,makes a nice compact EDC , that packs a punch if needed.

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD