Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

30 SAKs in 30 Days for December 2021. All are welcome!

us Offline Jackpine54

Re: 30 SAKs in 30 Days for December 2021. All are welcome!
Reply #240 on: December 31, 2021, 02:13:39 AM
Day 30

Here's my latest SAK, ranger wood 55. An early Christmas gift from my kids. I think it's a beautiful knife.

I'll post one for tomorrow as well. 30, 31 who's counting right?

* KIMG1643.jpg (Filesize: 138.57 KB)

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #241 on: December 31, 2021, 03:24:46 AM
Day 30

If I had to pick the most beautiful SAK I've ever owned, this would be it: the SoCoCut green Farmer. This is one that I don't carry, as I want it to stay looking new (or nearly so) forever. Perhaps I'll get another for the purpose of carrying. I thought it was fitting to picture it with a tractor, but a model will have to do. The model tractor is an Ertl John Deere Model D from 1994.

Oh, and I ain't done yet. Check back tomorrow for some bonus photos!
That's another nice Alox. I've never been a big Alox fan, but after seeing all the really nice ones on this thread and others, I may have to rethink.
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #242 on: December 31, 2021, 03:26:21 AM
Day 30

Here's my latest SAK, ranger wood 55. An early Christmas gift from my kids. I think it's a beautiful knife.

I'll post one for tomorrow as well. 30, 31 who's counting right?
That wood looks really nice. Great Christmas gift!

SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #243 on: December 31, 2021, 03:40:56 AM
Day 30

I started this challenge with my smallest SAK, a Classic SD. And I'll end it with my largest - a three-fer collection of Champs. The black one was my first, the red my second. The emerald one orginally had red Cellidor scales on it. It was another case of buying something for parts, cleaning it, then thinking how nice it turned out, maybe I shouldn't break it up, it might look really good with some new scales...   
:facepalm:

OK, I'll post one more tomorrow as well to close out the month and the year.

* 2021-12-30 20.37.24.jpg (Filesize: 494.27 KB)
SAKs:

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #244 on: December 31, 2021, 11:48:25 AM

I started this challenge with my smallest SAK, a Classic SD. And I'll end it with my largest - a three-fer collection of Champs.

Great collection of Champs!  :like:

Of all the cellidor SAKs, the champ is my go to. A lot of people say it's too big to be an edc. I think it's about the perfect size, definitely not any larger than a pliers based multitool.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #245 on: December 31, 2021, 03:47:48 PM
Well done to you awl for completing this challenge  :salute:

I couldn't have entered, even if I'd wanted to (not enough SAKs  ::))

Have a great NYE and a safe NY  :cheers:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #246 on: December 31, 2021, 07:35:28 PM
I think it's a beautiful knife.
:iagree:  The wood scales give it a refined look.

A three-fer collection of Champs.
You gotta love a SwissChamp! Eventually I'll have more of 'em.

I couldn't have entered, even if I'd wanted to (not enough SAKs  ::))
In time, you'll have enough. Thanks for checking out the challenge, and happy New Year to you as well!

Day 31

Bonus photos!  :woohoo:

The first two photos show the other SAKs that were part of the $1.65/ea lot. The red ones in the first photo both have gouges in the Swiss cross scales, and the Waterous Dependable looked like someone smeared melted chocolate all over it a decade ago. On the other hand, the blue one with the Allianz logo was the nicest of the lot. All of those are Classic SDs.

In the second photo are a Classic SD with badly worn white scales and the BTCSD (Bijou Turned Classic SD). I will put new scales on the white Classic SD eventually. The BTCSD was rhe worst of the lot. Besides the heavily worn scales, the tip of the blade had been broken off. I sent it off to Victorinox for repair, and the key ring was added to it during that process. Now it's a perfect user and lives in my Always Ready Pouch.

In the third photo is a Lime Twist Alox Classic SD, which is shown because I like the color. The red Tinker is my most recent SAK, and much like the first one I bought. Finally, there's a black Pioneer, but not the one I showed earlier; this one will be preserved.

Again, thanks to Jackpine54 and SteveP for making this a great challenge, and thanks to those who checked in throughout!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 07:44:21 PM by Farmer X »
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #247 on: January 01, 2022, 03:04:53 AM
WOW, that's a lot of bonus pics!  :like:
Very nice collection.

I just had to use my hunter a couple times.  :D

As soon as I get everything cleaned up I'll get mine posted.

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #248 on: January 01, 2022, 03:32:37 AM
Day 31

Today the Rangergrip 178. I'm not sure why I bought this originally, but I'm sure I had a good reason  :rofl:

This has been a fun challenge with lots of drool worthy knives from FarmerX and SteveP. You guys have some impressive collections!
I completed my goal of 31 different models in 31 days and still have a few to spare.
My favorite cellidor is still the swisschamp, I have 13 of them. My favorite alox is still the farmer, wow I have a lot of farmers  :dunno:. So my favorites didn't change, but I did really enjoy using all the different SAKs this month. Thanks for a good challenge guys.

* KIMG1645.jpg (Filesize: 152.64 KB)

au Offline Echotech

Reply #249 on: January 01, 2022, 04:41:10 AM
Great challenge guys been good to follow along  :hatsoff: :tu:
I’d have joined you if I hadn’t already have been doing the Chuck Yeager which was also a goodie, it’s definitely on the to do list  :climber:

Congrats on the Rangerwood 55 Jack, love mine

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #250 on: January 01, 2022, 05:43:13 AM
Day 31

This is the last model I've got that I haven't shown yet. It's also my most recent buy.

I thought it was a Delemont Evolution 16 from the listing on eBay, but it turned out to be an 18 when I opened the box and found the wood saw on it. For the low price I paid, it wasn't worth sending back. The tweezers are badly bent and there's some pocket wear on the scales, but otherwise it's in really good shape. But I think I'll still keep an eye open for a 16 (or S16) - it's the MTO way!

My only other Delemont is the S557, that I maligned much earlier in the challenge. But get rid of the useless wrench and stubborn inline Phillips, and apply a trick I learned to the scissors*, and the 18 is growing on me. I like the size. I really don't need a wood saw on a daily basis, so I think I'll like the 16 even more.

I've really enjoyed this challenge, seeing a wide variety of SAKs, using a variety of SAKs, hearing some great stories, and not focusing so much on use examples, like in other challenges. Thank you, Farmer X, for organizing it. And thank you to you and Jackpine for sharing your collections. I hope to see you both in future challenges. Happy New Year!

* Scissor trick: I don't remember where I read this on the forum. I'm right-handed, so holding the SAK in my right hand, blades up, pressing down on the swing scissor arm with my thumb. The trick is to press the swing scissor arm gently to the left while pressing down on it. This will force the blades to bite closer together. Seems to work better cutting pliable things.

* 2021-12-31 22.10.08.jpg (Filesize: 506.37 KB)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:51:04 AM by SteveP »
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #251 on: January 01, 2022, 05:45:09 AM
In the third photo is a Lime Twist Alox Classic SD, which is shown because I like the color. The red Tinker is my most recent SAK, and much like the first one I bought. Finally, there's a black Pioneer, but not the one I showed earlier; this one will be preserved.

I too like the Lime Twist. Another one I've never seen before. Collecting 58mms is definitely a rabbit hole. Good luck in there!   :cheers:
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #252 on: January 01, 2022, 05:49:00 AM
Great collection of Champs!  :like:

Of all the cellidor SAKs, the champ is my go to. A lot of people say it's too big to be an edc. I think it's about the perfect size, definitely not any larger than a pliers based multitool.
It's my EDC of choice when out and about. It's like the Mini Champ - large for it's size, but not large at all for everything it can do. Why not carry it?

The hard part was figuring out the best way to carry it. I decided there wasn't a "best" way and rotate between 5th jeans pocket, suspension clip, or belt pouch, depending on what I'm wearing. OK, if I'm wearing dress slacks, the Champ stays home. (But I'll still have my Mini Champ with me.)
SAKs:

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #253 on: January 01, 2022, 05:55:44 AM

Day 31
This has been a fun challenge with lots of drool worthy knives from FarmerX and SteveP. You guys have some impressive collections!
It
So do you!

Thank you, Farmer X, for organizing it. And thank you to you and Jackpine for sharing your collections. I hope to see you both in future challenges.
You are welcome, and thank you for your participation. I've organized another challenge, and then I'll be participating in the 90-day Soldier On Challenge.

Don't forget to request your badges! The badge is on page 7 of the list: 30 Days and 30 SAKs.
Great challenge guys been good to follow along.
Thanks for following along! I enjoyed following along for the Executive Challenge.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #254 on: January 01, 2022, 09:31:30 AM
Sorry guys I didn't get to follow this challenge as much as I would have liked to... hopefully I'll get to read through it soon.

Did spot a couple requests though so badges awarded to Jackpine54 and SteveP.   :cheers:

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #255 on: January 01, 2022, 03:21:46 PM
Thanks Zoidberg!  :hatsoff:

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #256 on: January 01, 2022, 05:18:44 PM
It was probably one of my favourite thread to read, thanks to everybody for participating and showing those wonderful SAK's !  :cheers: :hatsoff:

Congratulations for the badge to y'all !!!  :drink: :woohoo:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #257 on: January 02, 2022, 01:32:54 AM
Sorry guys I didn't get to follow this challenge as much as I would have liked to... hopefully I'll get to read through it soon.

Did spot a couple requests though so badges awarded to Jackpine54 and SteveP.   :cheers:
Thank you, zoidberg. Happy New Year!
SAKs:

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #258 on: January 02, 2022, 09:22:25 PM
It was probably one of my favourite thread to read, thanks to everybody for participating and showing those wonderful SAK's !  :cheers: :hatsoff:

Congratulations for the badge to y'all !!!  :drink: :woohoo:

Thanks  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69