Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ashley · 272 · 20826

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Sign up for xmas pool 2014 MUST READ ALL RULES
Reply #270 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:46 PM
I have had an experience similar to Chako's. One time I shipped 3 packages at the same time -- one to Australia, one to the U.K., and one to Canada. The package headed to Australia was delivered in 8 days. The package to the UK took about 2 weeks. The package headed to Canada took almost a full month to be delivered, even though it didn't have to cross an ocean like the other two did. :facepalm:

actually, I think that package might have been one for Chako. :rofl:

Frankly, when it comes to International mailings, it is a grab bag on when it will arrive, which is why I mailed mine as soon as I could...and even with that, one package didn't arrive on time due to some unknown holdup.

I agree with Chako's statement... there's only so much you can do. Once it's in the hands of the customs office, it's completely out of your control. :shrug:

My experience is that they hold packages until you send an email or PM saying that something never arrived.  Then, once both parties are suitably upset, the package arrives the next day,

I have lost track of how many times that has happened to me....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Sign up for xmas pool 2014 MUST READ ALL RULES
Reply #271 on: February 01, 2015, 08:28:42 PM
I still owe you some pics.

First, I received a  nice package from Canada, as our Boss wanted to make sure I get something nice for Christmas.

The package contained a CRKT Eat-N-Tool that will go into my Day-hike pack or will live in my storage room at work for the off occasion when you need a spoon or fork in your lunchbreak.

Apart from that I received a nice Victorinox lapel pin and a bottle of his Snakeoil Multi-Tool oil. Thanks Def!

And as Joel is a good one, he came through and sent me a very nice package, too!

I received a boxed 125th Anniversary Vic Climber and a Heckler&Koch neck knife.

Thanks to JafromMn, too!

As I feel it is a bit unfair I received 2 presents, I will have a look at my stuff and hold a nice Giveaway to make up for that.

Again, thanks Ashley, Tom and Grant for organizing this, thanks to Joel for a nice present!

That was actually the second package I sent. The first was damaged and returned to me.

Sorry for being slow.

I'm glad it's finally there.
Defend the Hive!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56