Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

In search for the Perfekt Swiss Army Knife

de Offline matzesu

In search for the Perfekt Swiss Army Knife
on: January 13, 2015, 04:54:30 PM
Hellolo,
Well, i have now the Wenger Evogrip S557 and its nice, but mybe there is something out there which fits my needs even more..
Something whit a Locking Blade (no OHO please, because there not alowed to carry in germany) , like the Evogrip, but i also would like some of the features of the newer Victorinox: have a Huntsman Light, there is a Hock, and a Needle, and a Pen in the Scale, which was great..
Need a tweezer, Scissors, Saw, Korkskrew, Mybe a Nailfile like on Wenger..
And a "Plier" like on my Wenger .. ..

Thangs in advance for the sugestions..
Edit: Multitools whit this Features are also Welcome
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:04:56 PM by matzesu »
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: In search for the Perfekt Swiss Army Knife
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:08:33 PM
Have you considered carrying 2 smaller tools? Instead of one larger one?

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
Hercules?  http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Hercules

No pen, pin, nail file or hook but not far off.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 05:12:59 PM
Well, i have also a Workchamp..

Mybe Victorinox will take the Lockable Blade of the Delemont Collektion, and put it on a new Produkt whit the Plus Scales and Hook of the Newer Modells
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:14:26 PM
Yeah. But that requires 2 things Noone likes, a "maybe" and a "waiting"

Do you sheath or pocket carry?

de Offline matzesu

Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:16:59 PM
At the Moment, i have the Wenger S557 in Poket Carry, my Pokets are also  big enough for a 111er Vic, but they dosnt have a Hook on it.. (or Plus Scales)..

Hey something whit the Features of Workchamp and Huntsman Light would be great..

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 05:20:10 PM
Nothing in the classic Victorinox line like that. Closest are the Workchamp and the Swisschamp. Or you could get the S557 Delemont.

Workchamp - http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=WorkChamp
Locking blade
No OHO
Tweezer
Scissors
Saw
Corkscrew
Nailfile

Swisschamp - http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=SwissChamp
Hook
Needle
Pin
No OHO
Tweezer
Scissors
Saw
Corkscrew
Nailfile
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 05:35:50 PM
Well, just fall in love whit the Swisschamp XLT,
Ditntn have locking Blade, but all other things i requestet...
Its a realy Monster SAK, but realy cool..
150 € on Amazon..
I think i will get it, because a Swisschamp is something which shouldnd be lost in a good SAK Kolektion..
Thangs for the Answers

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
 :think: ... Wenger Evolution s52 has all you need :o

>:D
If you need a needle & hook, then there is Victorinox Handyman
(no lock blade, of course) :D

de Offline matzesu

Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 08:49:05 PM
Thanks, but the Wenger dos have less tool than my aktuall S557, and i just decide to the Swiss Champ XLT
(Pictures are to make when i get this thing..).. 

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 09:01:42 PM
Well, with XLT :tu: you can't go wrong, although there's no lock blade :facepalm:

;)

de Offline matzesu

Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 09:20:03 PM
Whell, my intention wit this thread was to figure out, if there are new Vics out which i ditnt know but they would fits as "Ideal SAK"..

The most times, i use my knife a way the blade cant fold in whyle use, and when i go outdoors, i also have a 10 cm Nieto Fixed

Lookable Blade would be nice to have, because i know they from my Workchamp and Wenger S557, but arend a must..

The Swisschamp offers a big varite of tools, which are great for my tasks:
The Bit Driver is good for my Mountainbike, Motorscooter or Unimog, it has some Tool which should be usefull for my beekeeping
Its looks big, and mybe its realy heavy, but , whell, SAK Carryin is also a Livestyle..

And there is the Factor "Wants em" which is also important on my decision..

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 04:39:03 AM
Just carry a small pair of channel locks or needle nose pliers along with your 111mm Vic Workchamp.

For a job those couldnt handle you would have to go all the way to the toolbox

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 07:33:00 AM
Just carry a small pair of channel locks or needle nose pliers along with your 111mm Vic Workchamp.

For a job those couldnt handle you would have to go all the way to the toolbox
Emphasis on Small. ~cough~ leatherman ~cough~ cough ~

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 08:03:23 PM

Can't beat a pair of Channel Lock slipjoints  :drink:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

de Offline matzesu

Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 08:10:32 PM
Well, i just tought about it: if the Swisschamp ditnt fit my Knife Poket in my Pants, then i will need something like a second Folder (lookable)..
Because a Knife Poked whitout Knife isnt a Knife Poked
And another Swiss Army Knife would be completly absurd
The Swisschamp is alle SAKs in one..
Maybe this is a good reason to get me also a Opinel i wanted my whole livetime..

In every good Knife Kollection there should be at least one Swisschamp and one Opinel.. (and a Lagoile (but i allready own one..)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:12:18 PM by matzesu »

us Offline mrog

Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 09:24:09 PM
Another idea you could try would be a Swisstool Spirit X in your pocket, belt, or bag + a Signature on your keychain.
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read."

de Offline matzesu

Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 09:42:02 PM
Swisschamp is ordered since yesterday, so i think i found the knife i wants..
Sure, it ditnt have Loockable Blade, but i think this shoudnd be a Problem..
Its mybe better as i also can carry in french where lockable Blades arend alowed..

Watched a Dokumentary about Victorinox some minutes ago
Realy interesting but English Speeking Swiss Peaple sounds diverent..

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 02:58:59 AM
Swisschamp is ordered since yesterday, so i think i found the knife i wants..
Sure, it ditnt have Loockable Blade, but i think this shoudnd be a Problem..
Its mybe better as i also can carry in french where lockable Blades arend alowed..

Watched a Dokumentary about Victorinox some minutes ago
Realy interesting but English Speeking Swiss Peaple sounds diverent..

I really like the mag glass and the file on the new Vic SwissChamps

de Offline matzesu

Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 07:44:35 PM
Its just arived Today (Pix Tomorow Maybe)
And its pretty impressive:
My toughts bevor i aktualy got it in hand, its a realy huge knife which barrely fits my Hands

But now, i see it in Real Live, and hold it in Hands a couple of time, i see its quite Big, but fits surprisly well in my Hands..

It ditnt have Lookable Blade, but i dotnt think i will need Lookable Blades in my EDC..

Also i think i want need a Second Knife, as it seems to work well also as a knife...
But its a Belt Carry SAK, because it ditnt fit iny Outdoor Pants Knife Pocket or the Knife Poket in my German Bundeswehr Pants..
So thangs for the Answers and Sugestions in this thread
I ditnt think i will need a new Knife in the next 1000 Yeahrs..

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 02:11:25 PM
Congrats! The Swiss Champ is a really fine knife!! :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!