Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2015- What would you like from MTO this year?

ch Offline User X

• New User
Re: 2015- What would you like from MTO this year?
Reply #90 on: January 23, 2015, 10:07:42 PM
Oh, welcome User X.  You should promptly start a thread of some sort so Big E can search for it.  He seems really eager to do so for some reason :think:

I'll have to think of something.

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #91 on: January 29, 2015, 01:26:28 AM
I'd like to see MT.O remain the same hospitable place, filled with great people willing to help and communicate.

Then, some improvements would be nice. I can't really suggest something at the moment though :D
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #92 on: January 29, 2015, 02:47:14 AM
I don't think you'll see the atmosphere here change. This is a great, relaxed place and I have no intention of ever letting that be any different.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #93 on: January 30, 2015, 12:49:03 PM
Orange MTO victorinox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: January 30, 2015, 01:38:59 PM
I would love to see the 'like' button. Instead of quoting each picture you can just like it. Love it on the other forums I'm a member of…

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #95 on: January 30, 2015, 09:10:52 PM
I would love to see the 'like' button. Instead of quoting each picture you can just like it. Love it on the other forums I'm a member of…

We have been testing it out in the Charter members and No Lifers forums for some time now and it's working OK but we got a bit of a mixed feedback from members on it. Some don't want that option at all, some couldn't care less. :shrug:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #96 on: January 31, 2015, 03:57:40 PM
How about a pop-up, for when you hit the mark all as read by accident? It pops up and asks you if you really want to mark them as read, or cancel? So you can go back and read what you missed..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #97 on: January 31, 2015, 04:59:06 PM
World peace

An end to world hunger

No more disease
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: January 31, 2015, 07:12:23 PM
World peace

An end to world hunger

No more disease

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #99 on: January 31, 2015, 07:14:22 PM
World peace

An end to world hunger

No more disease

There is a way older one... Great movie

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #100 on: January 31, 2015, 08:08:59 PM
One Forum CAN make a difference !!

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:27 AM
I would like to extend the search mask

How about we could search for threads started by "XY" (and allow filter by board).
For example I want a new Gerber, so I check out all the threads started by Chako in the Gerber forum to look at the pretty pictures...
Or check out all the mods Metro did to get some inspiration...

When I search and want to limit for a user, it would be handy if it had autocomplete (similar to when I send a message).

:think:

ok revised. I see what you mean now, it's not straight forward, but it might be possible.
Thanks for the effort :salute:

I really would like to filter for threads started by user X :drool:

I do agree that this would be a nice feature!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #102 on: February 01, 2015, 01:39:27 PM
I would like to extend the search mask

How about we could search for threads started by "XY" (and allow filter by board).
For example I want a new Gerber, so I check out all the threads started by Chako in the Gerber forum to look at the pretty pictures...
Or check out all the mods Metro did to get some inspiration...

When I search and want to limit for a user, it would be handy if it had autocomplete (similar to when I send a message).

:think:

ok revised. I see what you mean now, it's not straight forward, but it might be possible.
Thanks for the effort :salute:

I really would like to filter for threads started by user X :drool:

I do agree that this would be a nice feature!

Yup. :tu:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #103 on: February 01, 2015, 07:04:03 PM
More sophisticated ad targeting would be nice. I don't mind seeing tools, edcsource, messenforum and the like but it bugs me when I get irrelevant ads all the time. I realise that they help pay for the forum, but maybe an option for paying members or those with a high post count to switch them off would be good.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #104 on: February 02, 2015, 01:45:23 PM
The ads are targeted.  Google AdSense uses your own browser history to find ads that are relevant to you.  If you are seeing ads on your screen, it's because you (or someone on your computer) were looking at or shopping for something similar.  We all see different ads based on our browser history.  Clear your browser history, cookies and cache and you will see very different ads.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #105 on: February 02, 2015, 01:50:39 PM
Considering their history here, I find it quite funny that all ads I can see, now, are from SPAMCORP..

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #106 on: February 02, 2015, 03:42:11 PM
I think my girlfriend is trying to tell me something, all my add is "Holidays in Cyprus" :P
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #107 on: February 02, 2015, 05:00:12 PM
What are the ads telling me?  So far I see one for lipstick and becoming a drug addiction counselor.  :think:
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #108 on: February 02, 2015, 05:20:23 PM
I don't see any ads but I have ad blocker on chrome  :tu:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: February 02, 2015, 08:09:49 PM
Ad blocker in Chrome must be one of the more ironic things I can think of, given Google's business model. :)

As for things the forum actually can do, and does not undermine its finances, is there some way we can get the #$#@$#@$#@$#@$@ tapatalk nagging out of the way faster when accessing the site from a mobile device with cleaned cookies? I find it incredibly annoying having the click over and over to get those screens out of the way. I bought tapatalk, and feel like an idiot for not getting a refund. I hate that piece of software, and being reminded of it repeatedly when using a web browser is  :bnghd: Or is there cash flow from tapatalk to the forum platform as well?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #110 on: February 02, 2015, 08:36:59 PM
Ad blocker in Chrome must be one of the more ironic things I can think of, given Google's business model. :)

As for things the forum actually can do, and does not undermine its finances, is there some way we can get the #$#@$#@$#@$#@$@ tapatalk nagging out of the way faster when accessing the site from a mobile device with cleaned cookies? I find it incredibly annoying having the click over and over to get those screens out of the way. I bought tapatalk, and feel like an idiot for not getting a refund. I hate that piece of software, and being reminded of it repeatedly when using a web browser is  :bnghd: Or is there cash flow from tapatalk to the forum platform as well?

+1000000  I find that SO annoying.  I hate tapatalk and really hate that smurfing nag screen.  If its possible to remember it by login so that my logins are saved on mobile site, it will bloody well know not to bug me with it, that would be really good.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #111 on: February 02, 2015, 08:39:09 PM

+1000000  I find that SO annoying.  I hate tapatalk and really hate that smurfing nag screen.

What are you guys on about? I've never had nagging popup screens.  :think:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: February 02, 2015, 09:35:21 PM
If going to the forum on a browser which is identified as a "mobile device", you will first a get a full screen message about tapatalk being really great and why are using that silly, general web browser. So you click past that. Then the top of the window is filled with tapatalk smurf again. So click away again. Then you clean browser cookies... or use another computer... and here we go again. Just one nag screen should be enough. Or even better, zero.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #113 on: February 02, 2015, 09:49:50 PM
If going to the forum on a browser which is identified as a "mobile device", you will first a get a full screen message about tapatalk being really great and why are using that silly, general web browser. So you click past that. Then the top of the window is filled with tapatalk smurf again. So click away again. Then you clean browser cookies... or use another computer... and here we go again. Just one nag screen should be enough. Or even better, zero.

That would bug me, I use it on my cheap as phone and it goes straight to unread posts or where I last left it.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #114 on: February 02, 2015, 10:34:47 PM

That would bug me, I use it on my cheap as phone and it goes straight to unread posts or where I last left it.

Oh, it bugged me a whole lot too. I think Whoey finally managed to disable it yesterday (had to hack some code out of the plugin). Steinar, did you get any in the last day or so?

Tapatalk is a necessary evil we have to endure. ::) Only thing we can do is update the plugin. And sometimes it really messes up the actual forum software. There's no benefit what so ever to the forum but as more than half the members here use it, some even exclusively, we have no choice but to have it installed. :-\

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #115 on: February 02, 2015, 11:16:20 PM
I tested with a private tab in Firefox on Android. I came straight into the mobile version of the forum, but when I clicked the link for the full version, which I prefer... There we go again, first full nag screen, then a nag bar.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #116 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20:54 PM
We are working on getting rid of that.  If Tapatalk wasn't so popular I'd get rid of it entirely.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #117 on: February 02, 2015, 11:35:53 PM
I'm sorry I like Tapatalk. :(

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #118 on: February 02, 2015, 11:41:41 PM
You should be sorry young man!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #119 on: February 02, 2015, 11:44:01 PM
You should be sorry young man!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
Hey, you're using it too. :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99