Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My "scary" Vic Climber

RVER · 66 · 5926

Offline RVER

My "scary" Vic Climber
on: January 24, 2015, 11:05:58 PM
We're at a family Bday party and wife asks for a knife to open her present. I hand her my Vic Climber with the main blade open and the lady next to her commented "be careful with that thing!"... She needed it again and this time I gave it to her with the "sheeple" friendly blade out. Our nation has become one of scared sheeple.  Disgusting. Should've pulled my BM.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: My "scary" Vic Climber
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 11:28:46 PM
Yeah, that really yanks my chain when that happens....
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:02:55 AM
I always get a comment from my step father when I pull out a SAK or a multi. I don't know what the big deal is? Its not like I walk around with a KaBar on my belt, not that there's anything wrong with that! :facepalm:
darren

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 12:26:14 AM
 :facepalm:

Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 12:26:42 AM
I feel the same. People are just brain washed to be afraid of anything sharp or pointy.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 12:33:48 AM
I just don't get it since people use far bigger and more intimidating things everyday in the kitchen? It bugs me, let me live my life and you can live yours. Until someone acts in some sort of way to give the idea that they are doing anything other than just using a small knife for utility then please keep it to yourself. :facepalm:

There are countless things out there more intimidating than a little red round bladed knife, if that scares you then you have bigger issues.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 03:55:40 AM
I was out one day and pulled out my CRKT M-16 to cut some such thing and some random lady said to me. "Be careful you don't stab your daughter with that thing"

In my head I was like "Good thing you said something because I was totally not going to make sure that didn't happen. Not sure how I survived before you came along"

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:34 AM
I was out one day and pulled out my CRKT M-16 to cut some such thing and some random lady said to me. "Be careful you don't stab your daughter with that thing"

In my head I was like "Good thing you said something because I was totally not going to make sure that didn't happen. Not sure how I survived before you came along"

Good one :rofl:
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 10:12:42 AM
I think a lot of people say something when the right trigger appears. E.g. they meet someone tall, they ask "How is the weather up there". They never ever, even thought about what they are saying.

People like this you have to ask if they tell this to car drivers too... you know more people get hurt and killed by cars.
Hopefully they start to question what they say.

Its a sad truth that people are often repeating stuff they heard without evaluating its content or validity.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 01:45:08 PM
I think a lot of people say something when the right trigger appears. E.g. they meet someone tall, they ask "How is the weather up there". They never ever, even thought about what they are saying.

People like this you have to ask if they tell this to car drivers too... you know more people get hurt and killed by cars.
Hopefully they start to question what they say.

Its a sad truth that people are often repeating stuff they heard without evaluating its content or validity.

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

hr Offline styx

Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 02:04:35 PM
That sucks. At least people around me have the decency to say "just take it out already"

Next time confiscate their kitchen cutlery since that's sharp too
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 02:26:14 PM
I just don't get it since people use far bigger and more intimidating things everyday in the kitchen? It bugs me, let me live my life and you can live yours. Until someone acts in some sort of way to give the idea that they are doing anything other than just using a small knife for utility then please keep it to yourself. :facepalm:

There are countless things out there more intimidating than a little red round bladed knife, if that scares you then you have bigger issues.
^
This!
Big time!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:35 PM
I used to be polite when sheeple made such stupid comments. Now I stop what I'm doing, look directly at them and ask "Are you really as stupid as you just sounded?" And I wait for their answer. If it is anything other than a meek "yes", I berate them with aggressive confidence and demand that they deal with the situation that required my SAK, without any assistance. Only once I get an apology do I relent.

The use of tools and ability to create fire are 2 of the basic skills that allowed us to rise above the apes. I refuse to be forced back down the evolutionary ladder just to appease the delicate sensitivities of the privileged lemmings society has created. Nor should you.

Dave
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 04:40:13 PM
Are we starting with the :sheeple: again.

:facepalm:

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 04:51:52 PM
I've been compactly carrying my CardSharp in my wallet but have yet to have a need for it. I've wondered just how sheeple-friendly one of those is though.
SAW

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 05:15:27 PM
My new plan is to break this out whenever the need to deal with sheeple comes out. Just make them deal with it.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 05:17:03 PM
My new plan is to break this out whenever the need to deal with sheeple comes out. Just make them deal with it.

(Image removed from quote.)

Er,the knife or the frag grenade?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 05:19:42 PM
It would be pretty hard to get by in life owning zero knives.  Want to cut some meat... hmmm what do you do chew it apart? 

Ive never ever seen that attitude personally though.  Most people I know carry pocket knives of some sort.  Even my wife carries a wenger.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 05:23:41 PM

Lets start with the knife.  :whistle:

Want to cut some meat... hmmm what do you do chew it apart? 

Eat meat? You must be joking,

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 05:25:06 PM

Silly! The grenade of course!   :D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 05:31:32 PM

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 05:36:02 PM

It would be pretty hard to get by in life owning zero knives.  Want to cut some meat... hmmm what do you do chew it apart? 

Ive never ever seen that attitude personally though.  Most people I know carry pocket knives of some sort.  Even my wife carries a wenger.
what!? She doesn't carry an alox custom?

us Offline Rux

Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
I used to be polite when sheeple made such stupid comments. Now I stop what I'm doing, look directly at them and ask "Are you really as stupid as you just sounded?" And I wait for their answer. If it is anything other than a meek "yes", I berate them with aggressive confidence and demand that they deal with the situation that required my SAK, without any assistance. Only once I get an apology do I relent.

The use of tools and ability to create fire are 2 of the basic skills that allowed us to rise above the apes. I refuse to be forced back down the evolutionary ladder just to appease the delicate sensitivities of the privileged lemmings society has created. Nor should you.

Dave

Amen.

I've come across this attitude before, but in pertaining to firearms.

I had to ship a pistol back to the manufacturer for warranty repair. At the post office, when they asked "Is there any weapons, fluids, etc." in the box I replied "Yes, there is a pistol in it. Unloaded, without ammunition in the box heading back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs."

The lady behind the counter freaked out and scurried away. The manager had come from the back to examine the package with me (make sure it's unloaded, no ammo in the box, etc.) and you could tell he wasn't pleased. She comes back and acts disgusted to be assisting me.

The manager had to come back over to pick the box off the counter because the woman was, as she said "I'm scared to touch it. Guns kill people every day, I don't want to go near it."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 06:51:29 PM

Dave

Amen.

I've come across this attitude before, but in pertaining to firearms.

I had to ship a pistol back to the manufacturer for warranty repair. At the post office, when they asked "Is there any weapons, fluids, etc." in the box I replied "Yes, there is a pistol in it. Unloaded, without ammunition in the box heading back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs."

The lady behind the counter freaked out and scurried away. The manager had come from the back to examine the package with me (make sure it's unloaded, no ammo in the box, etc.) and you could tell he wasn't pleased. She comes back and acts disgusted to be assisting me.

The manager had to come back over to pick the box off the counter because the woman was, as she said "I'm scared to touch it. Guns kill people every day, I don't want to go near it."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yeah, this yanks my chain too.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 06:52:45 PM

Whilst not disagreeing with the pro-knife argument,nicely done mate,Lynn'll be proud of you :tu:

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 07:00:57 PM
Oh, don't get me on the topic .......... How can one possibly carry a knife. I'm a woman. HOW CAN A WOMAN CARRY A KNIFE, OH MY GOD, YOU'RE InsANE WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARRY A KNIFE WITH YOU, YOU'RE A WOMAN. Ugh. Can I borrow it for its nail file? And I need to cut a sticking thread too. Thanks

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 07:55:08 PM
To be honest, I think alot of it have to do with culture and how you were raised. In some places of the world, something along the lines of a KaBar, or generally a rather big, fixed blade, is normal. For everywhere else, we have our SAKs. If people can't recognize it, as being a tool and not a weapon, it's because they've never seen a "real knife"

Regarding the story of the gun being shipped back... If the box and pistol hadn't been checked, I would be able to understand her fear of handling the package, but after seeing that the gun is unloaded and safe, I really don't see the problem. Especially in a country, where pretty much everybody can get a permission to carry a firearm.

</rant>

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 08:09:07 PM

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:52 PM

Whilst not disagreeing with the pro-knife argument,nicely done mate,Lynn'll be proud of you :tu:
Agreed.
+1  :tu:

I like this pic  :cheers: It's so easy for us to assume others are tool free. I know a few people who have a few useful pocket tools on them. Some always have a torch, some a pocket knife, some a SAK, but they tend to be very discrete as to their carry and use, and don't see it as a topic of conversation

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD