Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My "scary" Vic Climber

RVER · 66 · 5925

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: My "scary" Vic Climber
Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:06 PM
I have a great story about a chicken, can of Crisco. bald midget prostitute and myself.

Not sure if it really works in this case though.

i know i'm new here, but most threads seem to go off topic sooner or later, plus i've time on my hands so go on, hit us with it !

Makes a change from the usual derailed of Harley and C4;coffee;or :kirky:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline BASguy

Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 03:39:25 AM

I stay very quiet about EDCing a SAK. People who know me well know I always carry one (or something else sharp), but they also know I hardly ever lend tools. :)

I think one of the more important reasons for people becoming upset over the sharps we carry is a need for excerting power over others. If you can make the knife owner back down, you have won a "battle" that day. I thank it's exactly the same reason people in customer service have absurdly many stories about being treated like smurf or people coming with a ridiculously entitled air about them. They are taught they have to be "reasonable" and "positive" 24/7 while the bills pile up and the workplace become smurfier and smurfier and at the same time that smurfy job can be "downsized" at any moment. So we get people mentally similar to caged animals , they are constantly on the lookout for a chance to lash out and be the big dog, if only for a minute. Being upset over trifles or playing the victim are just as much attempts at excerting power over others as being a bully is. So, I think the correct response is the same as for animals, be firm, but not aggressive. A firm, polite response is often the best course in many matters anyway, I think...
.....or you can just tell them to pound sand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 03:46:24 AM
I blame Harley, he scares everyone away.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 06:04:17 AM
I have a great story about a chicken, can of Crisco. bald midget prostitute and myself.

Not sure if it really works in this case though.

i know i'm new here, but most threads seem to go off topic sooner or later, plus i've time on my hands so go on, hit us with it !

Makes a change from the usual derailed of Harley and C4;coffee;or :kirky:

Been drinking already huh? Harley derail a thread, I doubt it. In order to derail a thread I would have to pay attention to the topic in the first place.

I blame Harley, he scares everyone away.

Noob. Everyone knows if someone is to be blamed this is how we do it. :kirky:

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 03:38:27 PM
Surprising also how scary the Jetsetter on my keychain is too. I've had to deploy the tools for proof several times for airport security and other places. One puffed up young security guard at the Aquarium even made me take it off my keychain and leave it with them. Laughable, but kinda distressing too... :facepalm:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #65 on: January 29, 2015, 06:28:40 PM
I stay very quiet about EDCing a SAK. People who know me well know I always carry one (or something else sharp), but they also know I hardly ever lend tools. :)

I think one of the more important reasons for people becoming upset over the sharps we carry is a need for excerting power over others. If you can make the knife owner back down, you have won a "battle" that day. I thank it's exactly the same reason people in customer service have absurdly many stories about being treated like smurf or people coming with a ridiculously entitled air about them. They are taught they have to be "reasonable" and "positive" 24/7 while the bills pile up and the workplace become smurfier and smurfier and at the same time that smurfy job can be "downsized" at any moment. So we get people mentally similar to caged animals , they are constantly on the lookout for a chance to lash out and be the big dog, if only for a minute. Being upset over trifles or playing the victim are just as much attempts at excerting power over others as being a bully is. So, I think the correct response is the same as for animals, be firm, but not aggressive. A firm, polite response is often the best course in many matters anyway, I think...

That may very well be the most intelligent thing I've heard or read all day...  :clap:

Yup, this is also how I do it!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD