Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Space Shuttles on eBay. 1172

Newbie Posts: 46
Space Shuttles on eBay.
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:38:46 AM »
Just browsing, and it seems there is a spate of Space Shuttles on US eBay right now, all from Japanese sellers, all between $85-$100.  Pictures seem legit, but I'm wary because there are 3-4 different sellers listing them, all with the same pictures and descriptions, also the pictures are all stock photos, not actual photos.

I'm tempted, but something smells just a bit fishy.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,826
Re: Space Shuttles on eBay.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:42 AM »
That's a special version of the Space Shuttle that is currently made for the Japanese market. It adds the hook and small back-side screwdriver to the original version. Victorinox of Japan does a number of items that usually aren't available elsewhere. The surprising thing is its being offered on US ebay. Normally Japanese knife dealers won't export to the US.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,660
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:01:40 AM »
I actually ordered one from a Japanese seller, and although he might be a little slow to send, it did arrive ok.

Join Daredevil Challenge in August and get Free magnets!
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
Global Moderator No Life Club Posts: 3,557
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:16:26 PM »
I always fancied a Space Shuttle - and just spotted these too, whilst browsing -
- I do like the inlay SAKs (Fisherman Grand Prix etc)

However I had exactly the same thought as Sags and was going to post a query in the fake SAK thread - Then found this.

Thanks Coloswiss -
You always find the answer on MTo !!!
Just for interest when you say Victorinox Japan - Are they actually manufactured in Japan, or still in Ibach and exported to J?

Only one question left - Do I buy? - They are not cheap!!

PS. If you want a laugh read the descriptions, there is a history of Vic, description of the knife etc etc all in very Japanese English.
Just one quote for your interest:
"For more than a century until today from its inception, Victorinox North Pole with explorers and astronauts, Everest, and and to the ends of the universe, in a variety of situations success for ."

Wow - I knew Vic SAKs had been all over earth and even into orbit of earth - But did not realise they had been out to black holes and other Galaxies etc etc until now!!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:15:13 PM by Huntsman »
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,826
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »
Victorinox Japan is like Victorinox North America; its Vic's marketing organization in that area. My understanding is the Japanese organization has a lot of local autonomy and regularly orders out special versions that aren't available elsewhere.

When I was in Japan last year I hit the Victorinox flagship store in the Ginza (basically a hole-in-the-wall). Picked up a couple of special items. However a number of items I knew about from online were not there. The staff's English was almost as limited as my Japanese, so no information was forthcoming  as to where I might find them.

The Vics from my Japan trip.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:17:42 PM by ColoSwiss »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $138.70
PayPal Fees: $8.07
Net Balance: $130.63
Below Goal: $169.37