Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

13 Inch Macbook Air Sleeve with Molle 861

Jr. Member Posts: 81
13 Inch Macbook Air Sleeve with Molle
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:56 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm looking for a sleeve for a macbook air -13 inch, that has molle on the outside to connect it to a molle panel inside my backpack. I have seen one or two sleeves that have molle on the front side but not the back where I would like to attach it. Any suggestions are welcome as are custom suggestions. I would like to keep the cost to no more than $50 USD.
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,514 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: 13 Inch Macbook Air Sleeve with Molle
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
I'm not sure who is producing such a thing buy for something like that I think I would try contacting Eric at Skinth Sheaths.  He's on the forum here as Metropolicity and he does great work. 

Otherwise I think I'd check out something "close enough" from 5.11 Tactical or Maxpedition.   I don't think I'd trust anything less for a computer, especially not an expensive one like a Mac.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Sr. Member Posts: 318
13 Inch Macbook Air Sleeve with Molle
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:43:16 PM »
Make sure to get something that includes a layer of hard protection with a layer of padding against the machine. I've seen 3 MBA's with broken screens due to pressure or impact on the outside of the case. Thin has its price.

I just got an older MBA to see if it will do what I need for work. I haven't bought a case or anything for it yet, and am considering making a hard sleeve from Lexan, wet suit material, and shock cord.  Probably with the Lexan thermo moulded to the MBA then sandwiched between layers of the wet suit material.

Dave

I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...
Jr. Member Posts: 73
Re: 13 Inch Macbook Air Sleeve with Molle
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:28:35 PM »

Crunch (date code 0503 on both handles)
Surge
Squirt ES4 (Make: Bomb Defuser edition)
Orig Tool Adapter (Modded to work w/ newer tools)
Micra (2 SS)
Squirt P4 (Blue) & PS4 (Red)
Mini-Tool (Black Oxide - date code 0800 and 0101)
Mini-Tool (SS - date code 1198 on both sides)
Wave (New Style)
Kick
Wingman
Style (Black), Style CS (Black) & Style PS (Black)
Craftsman Multi-Tool (#45201)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $347.59
PayPal Fees: $20.48
Net Balance: $327.11
Above Goal: $27.11
Site Currency: USD