Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What recent outdoor activity did you do?

Aloha · 1980 · 77873

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What recent outdoor activity did you do?
Reply #1650 on: October 28, 2018, 09:41:00 AM
Did some more hiking in the local mountains.

Got one last sunny day in the alpine on Sunday, according to the weather forecast the Fall rains/snow arrive this week.

damn, I need to keep a closer eye on this thread.  Awesome shots mate.  :hatsoff:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:44:38 AM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1651 on: October 28, 2018, 04:24:27 PM
Dang hiraethus, and I thought I had it bad,

I had to fix the shower and toilet both inside yet wet, but since I had a good amount of day left I asked the kid to bring the truck into the garage to see what wasn’t right.. now Grant it, we were technically “inside” and it was pouring “outside and he brought the truck in soaking wet, and it was only 40ish(5°c) something and we don’t have a heated garage, it was pretty much like working in the driveway! But the truck was knocking at times, I thought it was a wheel bearing, but no, while under looking around I looked back and saw it was the driveshaft, there’s a bearing support half way between the trans and rear axle, so we had to go to the store, get the part, then bring the wet truck back in the garage to get even more wet, then spent 4hrs laying on cold concrete as the cold water rolled off the truck and driped onto your stomach, so technically it was like working outside all day in the rain? But all's fixed! Now none of this was planed, and nothing’s planed today, but I don’t want to do anything today! I’m just so soar!

I can only imagine how you feel, 140miles on a freaking bike! I got on a bike for the first time in 10yrs last month, to ride around the block with the kid, I won’t even explain how I felt!
JR
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:25:36 PM by MadPlumbarian »
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #1652 on: October 28, 2018, 06:21:11 PM
Big ride yesterday. 140 miles from Bristol out across the North Wessex Downs. Was only just above freezing when I set out at 6 am, never got above 5°C all day, strong cold northerly winds and it rained for the last 3 hours.

Didn't take the right clothing so was cold and wet for the second half of the ride, but did manage to eat and drink enough. No pics because it was too cold to take my gloves off, but the views were great, at least in the morning.

That's a long ride!   :salute:

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #1653 on: October 28, 2018, 06:23:38 PM

damn, I need to keep a closer eye on this thread.  Awesome shots mate.  :hatsoff:

Thanks Gareth!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #1654 on: October 29, 2018, 08:13:43 AM
Brutal.   :salute:
That's a long ride!   :salute:
I can only imagine how you feel

:salute:  I'm not going to pretend it was easy, but I'm kind of used to these sorts of days out - just out of practice.  Once you get your position dialled in, and a few miles in your legs it's mostly mental.  Stay on top of food and drink, listen to your body and don't push too hard.  I was lucky the other day in that I was riding with a good friend of mine and that made things much easier (particularly as he was much less fit than me and was having a terrible day :rofl:)

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #1655 on: October 30, 2018, 12:30:32 AM
I changed a head light bulb. In the dark.

Probably not a good sign that I not only carry spare headlamp bulbs but also can do that by touch.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1656 on: October 30, 2018, 01:22:34 AM
I changed a head light bulb. In the dark.

Probably not a good sign that I not only carry spare headlamp bulbs but also can do that by touch.
Yeah if you can do it all by touch id say your pretty good at it! I was on my way home one day and not only did one light go out but both, not only was I behind a car on a back road, so that must have looked bad but about 10sec later a cop was coming from the opposite direction! Needless to say oh I got pulled over, worst part was it was my first time ever getting pulled over and it was a newbie! About 5min later another cop showed up, but that first one was going nuts, asking if he could search the car, if his dog could sniff it, even though he didn’t have one, the other “older” cop looked at me and says “it’s your first time getting pulled over huh?” All while I stood there shaking, I was only 18, so the guy dug into my hatchback, “who’s tools are these” (im a freaking plumber) “oh your in trouble, why do you have two license plates”? As he pulls down the hatch to see it matched, he didn’t find anything and then calmly says let’s see if we can get your lights to work pop the hood.. come to find out my ground was loose, so he says your going to have to find a way to make this work, I ran around to the back, took a file and made a raw spot and drilled a self taping screw right in, lights worked great! Guy didn’t even give me a warning, that wasn’t the worst part, when I got home I just wanted to pass out, and yet I get a phone call from the gf, now wife, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, WHY DIDNT YOU CALL ME!!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #1657 on: October 31, 2018, 01:10:38 AM
In the past three years I've replaced, in order based on my notes.

Driver low beam.
Passenger high beam
Driver high beam
Passenger low beam
Right licence plate.
Center tail light
Left turn signal
Left break light
Left license plate.
Right turn signal and break.
Left turn break (I missed a gasket or something the first time)
And now, the left driver's again.

Every single other light in the car is an LED.

Oh, and I carry and can swap by touch wiper blades.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1658 on: October 31, 2018, 01:38:14 AM
Dang!
I helped a neighbor replace a headlight once and I swear you had to strip half the front end apart for just a freaking bulb!

I’ve replaced more freaking parts on all my cars back in the day, yet one of the most unique was a break light and what I found, it was a Chevy mini van, and when I pulled the cove off I found a tube, I was like what the heck? It went to the inside and then down, I followed it down and it just hung under the frame, so I then tried to follow it inside and found it went to a arm rest! Sure enough there was one on the other side, I had a similar vehicle but diff year and now a gmc, and sure enough two more tubes hanging down. I wrote somewhere asking about them, I didn’t get an answer for over a year but I figure it out. Put it  together, the armrests were insulated, they were deep enough for a can, and thus a drain tube? So yeah put a six pack in and top it with ice, as the ice melts it just drained out like a cooler!
JR

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #1659 on: October 31, 2018, 02:02:52 AM
In the past three years I've replaced, in order based on my notes.

Driver low beam.
Passenger high beam
Driver high beam
Passenger low beam
Right licence plate.
Center tail light
Left turn signal
Left break light
Left license plate.
Right turn signal and break.
Left turn break (I missed a gasket or something the first time)
And now, the left driver's again.

Every single other light in the car is an LED.

That's quite a few globes unless you do a lot of driving with your lights on all the time (or have very rough roads that are jolting the filaments). 

Were the replacements lower quality or higher lumens ?

Have you ever checked the voltage when driving ?  With that history I'd be suspicious that your voltage regulator is supplying too high a voltage at times which is burning out globes prematurely.  My cars usually measure around 14.2V with the engine running after the battery is fully charged.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #1660 on: November 02, 2018, 03:36:32 AM
I prefer a lower-medium bulb for my lows, rahter than being that guy who puts those eye ball melting blue things in all four sockets. And my highs are higher powered.

Lot of night driving, and I often have my lights on as when I'm driving if it isn't dark out it's getting there. And really bumpy roads- had to do a lot of suspension work in the past three years to. There are pot holes that have broken axles for plow trucks- love how some of the towns take care of there roads.

As for checking the voltage while driving... where would you propose? I hate having passengers.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1661 on: November 11, 2018, 04:25:26 AM
I spent the morning going up, across and down. It hurt a lot but was very worth it. Pic is clickable.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1662 on: November 11, 2018, 04:28:08 AM
View from somewhere up there.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1663 on: November 11, 2018, 04:29:56 AM
Descending through the goblin forest.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #1664 on: November 11, 2018, 09:25:44 AM
Cool.  :like:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #1665 on: November 11, 2018, 09:29:35 AM
Beautiful, z.  :dd:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #1666 on: November 11, 2018, 12:20:26 PM
Yes he is....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1667 on: November 11, 2018, 12:54:58 PM
Thanks guys.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1668 on: November 11, 2018, 02:00:17 PM
I spent the morning going up, across and down. It hurt a lot but was very worth it. Pic is clickable.

Beautiful shot, Z.

(I can't get the subsequent Flikr photos to display.  :-\)

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #1669 on: November 11, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

Nice pic Zoidberg.   :tu:
You hiking or running?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1670 on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

Beautiful shot, Z.

(I can't get the subsequent Flikr photos to display.  :-\)

:cheers:   I'll send you a link.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1671 on: November 11, 2018, 08:30:51 PM

Nice pic Zoidberg.   :tu:
You hiking or running?

Running, although that is probably stretching it a bit.
It was my first 20km run since breaking the collar bone and on top of that I'm nursing a torn lateral collateral.
Depending how the knee feels this week I might tag along with a group on Friday running Goat Pass (mountain section for the coast to coast).

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #1672 on: November 12, 2018, 02:36:22 AM
Nice one, 20km on trail is a good size run   :tu:.   
Is the Coast to Coast still happening?  I remember watching it on tv as a kid, when Steve Gurney was winning it.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1673 on: November 12, 2018, 03:33:02 AM
Is the Coast to Coast still happening?  I remember watching it on tv as a kid, when Steve Gurney was winning it.

There was upset from some after the rights were sold and race directors changed but yeah it is still going.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1674 on: November 12, 2018, 05:45:50 AM
Beautiful pics BCNZ and zman !  :o :like: :tu:

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #1675 on: November 12, 2018, 08:45:46 PM

There was upset from some after the rights were sold and race directors changed but yeah it is still going.

Right on. 

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1676 on: November 13, 2018, 12:21:55 AM
I carried out the trash again ...............guess I should snap a pic of the dumpster .................. :dunno: maybe not :facepalm:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1677 on: November 17, 2018, 12:01:35 PM
Weather finally let us burn the guy fawkes fire.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #1678 on: November 17, 2018, 12:04:02 PM
I missed it...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1679 on: November 17, 2018, 12:05:45 PM
It'll burn for the next couple days...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88