Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Backsliding from the faith.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Backsliding from the faith.
on: March 06, 2015, 04:59:30 PM
I love SAK's.

Now, having said that, I have to admit that I backslide on occasion. I really don't mean to, but it happens. I go off for the day with some 'other' knife in my pocket, and usually before the day is out, I will be regretting my sins.

Yesterday I was carrying one of those 'Other' knives', and I encountered the situation that I deeded. The need of a tool and the lack of. It's much like sneaking out with the pretty floozy from down the street, having a drink at a dimly lit bar, and then being seen by someone who knows you. And who also knows your wife. Oh, the shame of it!! :o

I got my first SAK more than 40 years ago, carried one in my army life, and my backpacking life, and life in general. Except for my backsliding episodes of course. They have helped me through difficult times now and then, usually the failure of some mechanical devise like a motor on a boat, a motor scooter on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, a real emergency here and there over the years. But the mysterious Swiss Mountain Gods have a way of gently reminding me that a SAK should be my first loyalty. The dreaded loose screw, the coin jammed in a parking meter and it's the only open parking space in sight, and the Christmas morning gifts that "Some assembly may be required."  It's surprising how much can be done with a screw driver, letting you get into it to mess around. It seems as if the number 2 phillps screw is what holds the entire world together these days, and the small SD tip in the can opener deals so well with them. Sometimes a paper clip is nice to have, as they are very good springy wire.

So, this sinner repents in front of his fellow SAKists, and swears by the banner of the Swiss Army knights, to never stray from the faith again.

But I do wonder where that cute little Case peanut with the red bone scales got off to!
 :D
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Backsliding from the faith.
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 05:03:37 PM
There's nothing worse than needing a tool and not having it,especially in from of folks who expect you to have it.

There's also nothing wrong with carrying a Case Peanut as well as a SAK!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:34:04 PM
I've got a half dozen SAKs lying around, never have one in my pocket when I need one. C'est la vie!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 05:38:15 PM
Lol i always get asked for scissors when in carrying a sak that has none  :facepalm: hence why i nearly always carry my explorer or another sak with scissors   :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:30:51 PM by Zed »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 05:38:29 PM
Its been years since I carried anything except a Vic of some description as I'm most definitely ocd about carrying them! I can only imagine the trauma of not having one on you when you need it most. I'm breaking out in a cold sweat just thinking about it! :o
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:24:47 PM
I'd like to offer you some sympathy cbl, but you cheated on your SAK. Shame on you.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:08:11 PM
Variety is the spice of life, provided its of good quality.  :cheers:

If you had a piece of Chinese crap - well that's another matter.     :twak:

IMG_4316.JPG
* IMG_4316.JPG (Filesize: 124.9 KB)
IMG_4364.JPG
* IMG_4364.JPG (Filesize: 110.87 KB)
IMG_5327.JPG
* IMG_5327.JPG (Filesize: 123.86 KB)
IMG_5684.JPG
* IMG_5684.JPG (Filesize: 190.02 KB)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:27:35 PM by ColoSwiss »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:35 PM
I love SAK's.

Now, having said that, I have to admit that I backslide on occasion. I really don't mean to, but it happens. I go off for the day with some 'other' knife in my pocket, and usually before the day is out, I will be regretting my sins.

Yesterday I was carrying one of those 'Other' knives', and I encountered the situation that I deeded. The need of a tool and the lack of. It's much like sneaking out with the pretty floozy from down the street, having a drink at a dimly lit bar, and then being seen by someone who knows you. And who also knows your wife. Oh, the shame of it!! :o

I got my first SAK more than 40 years ago, carried one in my army life, and my backpacking life, and life in general. Except for my backsliding episodes of course. They have helped me through difficult times now and then, usually the failure of some mechanical devise like a motor on a boat, a motor scooter on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, a real emergency here and there over the years. But the mysterious Swiss Mountain Gods have a way of gently reminding me that a SAK should be my first loyalty. The dreaded loose screw, the coin jammed in a parking meter and it's the only open parking space in sight, and the Christmas morning gifts that "Some assembly may be required."  It's surprising how much can be done with a screw driver, letting you get into it to mess around. It seems as if the number 2 phillps screw is what holds the entire world together these days, and the small SD tip in the can opener deals so well with them. Sometimes a paper clip is nice to have, as they are very good springy wire.

So, this sinner repents in front of his fellow SAKists, and swears by the banner of the Swiss Army knights, to never stray from the faith again.

But I do wonder where that cute little Case peanut with the red bone scales got off to!

Where is your banner eh? Have you not signed up? You taking the piss mate?  :pok:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 10:04:40 PM
I love SAK's.

Where is your banner eh? Have you not signed up? You taking the piss mate?  :pok:

Might have joined my Charter Member banner?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%