Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your personality?

kosmo · 114 · 6044

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
What is your personality?
on: April 01, 2015, 03:09:05 PM
What is your (Myers Briggs) personality type?

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:30:34 PM by kosmo »
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What is your personality?
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:22:10 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to get "smurf hole. "

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:01 PM
INFJ Personality (“The Advocate”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

:D

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 03:45:59 PM
INFP Personality (“The Mediator”)

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue - INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:50:20 PM
 but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

You must feel very harmonious on MTO :D

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 03:52:32 PM
INTP Personality (“The Logician”)

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:55:30 PM by kosmo »

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 03:53:50 PM
 but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

You must feel very harmonious on MTO :D

It's the reason I get up in the morning......... ;)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:21:09 PM
Question 3:

"You try to respond to your e-mails as soon as possible and cannot stand a messy inbox."
I have a tidy inbox but I don't answer e-mails immediately, now what?

"You are more of a natural improviser than a careful planner"
I'm a natural improviser, but I prefer planning :think:
So many questions where I want both. I think I should be a schizoid sociopath but apparently I'm an architect INTJ... and... that seems surprisingly accurate

INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics 8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:23:43 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:29:42 PM
Question 3:

"You try to respond to your e-mails as soon as possible and cannot stand a messy inbox."

So many questions where I want both. I think I should be a schizoid sociopath but apparently I'm an architect INTJ... and... that seems surprisingly accurate

INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics 8)

Sometimes people are near the boarder of two types.  I've taken the test many times from different websites.  I always come out INTP but I am not far from being INTJ.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:17 PM
Ive no patience and give up on surveys at 50%  lol

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:55 PM
I don't have a personality...

:-[

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 04:36:42 PM
Question 3:

Sometimes people are near the boarder of two types.  I've taken the test many times from different websites.  I always come out INTP but I am not far from being INTJ.
Well, this is within the limitations of online tests...*
Among the fictional characters for INTJ is Katniss Everdeen, the most passive Character, that never plans :rofl:

Show content
* Once scored 160 on an online IQ-Test in English (which isn't my mother tongue). I mean I'm smart but not nearly that smart.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 04:40:03 PM
Once you have found your personality, you can research things like; which type of personality would be better suited for a companion, and which personalities are going to cause you stress.  I have been surprised at the insight this information has brought me.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 04:41:21 PM
Btw, at some point I thought this was one of these April Fool's Day tests - I took one such before  :facepalm: Where the questions are endless, literally ... there are thousands of questions and you reply, reply, reply, reply....don't remember how much it took me to get it was a fake test back then :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 04:41:53 PM
INTJ: ...with a plan for everything.

Holy cow, I'M BATMAN 8)

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 04:42:09 PM
Question 3:

Well, this is within the limitations of online tests...*
Among the fictional characters for INTJ is Katniss Everdeen, the most passive Character, that never plans :rofl:

Show content
* Once scored 160 on an online IQ-Test in English (which isn't my mother tongue). I mean I'm smart but not nearly that smart.

Yes.  There are limitation.  As we would say in the US... "take it with a grain of salt."  But I think the basic idea is sound.

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 05:20:34 PM
ISTP for me.  I've taken one of these before, but couldn't remember the results  :facepalm:  Reading through the description, though, it seems to be fairly spot on.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 05:41:16 PM
ISTP for me.  I've taken one of these before, but couldn't remember the results  :facepalm:  Reading through the description, though, it seems to be fairly spot on.

Mine too.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:25 PM
Did anyone else go through this and think "I would have answered these differently 5 (or 10) years ago"?

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
 :viking: :viking: :viking:
ESTJ Personality (“The Executive”)

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.
Anyone Worth Their Salt Sticks Up for What They Believe Is Right...
http://http://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 07:25:03 PM
ISTP PERSONALITY (“THE VIRTUOSO”)

ISTPs love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go. Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 07:25:40 PM
I think I tested negative for personality. :facepalm:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 09:09:18 PM
ESTJ PERSONALITY (“THE EXECUTIVE”)

Good order is the foundation of all things.
Edmund Burke
ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

ANYONE WORTH THEIR SALT STICKS UP FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS RIGHT...

ESTJ personalityDemand for such leadership is high in democratic societies, and forming no less than 11% of the population, it's no wonder that many of America's presidents have been ESTJs. Strong believers in the rule of law and authority that must be earned, ESTJ personalities lead by example, demonstrating dedication and purposeful honesty, and an utter rejection of laziness and cheating, especially in work. If anyone declares hard, manual work to be an excellent way to build character, it is ESTJs.

ESTJs are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts - the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren't just empty talk either, as ESTJs are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable.

However, ESTJs don't work alone, and they expect their reliability and work ethic to be reciprocated - people with this personality type meet their promises, and if partners or subordinates jeopardize them through incompetence or laziness, or worse still, dishonesty, they do not hesitate to show their wrath. This can earn them a reputation for inflexibility, a trait shared by all Sentinels (SJ), but it's not because ESTJs are arbitrarily stubborn, but because they truly believe that these values are what make society work.

...BUT STILL BETTER ARE THOSE WHO ACKNOWLEDGE WHEN THEY ARE IN ERROR.

ESTJs are classic images of the model citizen: they help their neighbors, uphold the law, and try to make sure that everyone participates in the communities and organizations they hold so dear.
The main challenge for ESTJs is to recognize that not everyone follows the same path or contributes in the same way. A true leader recognizes the strength of the individual, as well as that of the group, and helps bring those individuals' ideas to the table. That way, ESTJs really do have all the facts, and are able to lead the charge in directions that work for everyone.

Hmm, am I the only Extraverted here yet? Then how come most of you have so many more posts than me (not to mention likes)?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:10:45 PM by kkokkolis »

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 09:34:06 PM
If you are interested in this stuff, the are audio discussions and podcasts on the subject.  Introversion and Extroversion may not have the meaning that you think it has.

Here is an introduction to the subject in an audio recording.  Regardless of what you think of MENSA, it has little to do with the subject here.  I have nothing to do with MENSA, but just found this audio recording interesting.

http://www.mensafoundation.org/what-we-do/education-and-outreach/conversations-with-mensa-podcast/introverted-advantages/

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 09:41:32 PM

Hmm, am I the only Extraverted here yet? Then how come most of you have so many more posts than me (not to mention likes)?

You're the only one who has a real life and prefers live communication ...  ::)

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 09:49:20 PM

Ahem.
I am an executive too.
 :woohoo:
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 10:01:17 PM
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #27 on: April 01, 2015, 10:02:27 PM
Lol I got "Campaigner" I guess its quite accurate :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #28 on: April 01, 2015, 10:12:57 PM

Ahem.
I am an executive too.
 :woohoo:
But you hold the office here, I can't execute much myself.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 10:17:29 PM

You're the only one who has a real life and prefers live communication ...  ::)
In my real life I talk with people (sometimes 20 and sometimes 60, excluding colleagues) 12 hours a day and receive about 30 phone calls. All of them think I should help them for some reason.
During my brief intermissions I come to the MTO playground and become myself for a change. Nobody asks for my help here. You help me survive and I appreciate that. By heart.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%