Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your personality?

kosmo · 114 · 6307

us Offline JustUrEyeCandy

• Forever little.
Re: What is your personality?
Reply #90 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:32 AM
"ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

Even in the dating phase, people with the ENFJ personality type are ready to show their commitment by taking the time and effort to establish themselves as dependable, trustworthy partners."

What's crazy is that all of this is so accurate! In the careers section it says people of my personality type are counselors... Which is what I'm going to school to become.  :tu:  The way I am in relationships is very accurate. It wouldn't let me copy so I had to screenshot.

Very cool!
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 141.03 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 139.77 KB)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:48:04 AM by JustUrEyeCandy »
I keep expecting this place to be like Twitter, but for people trapped in the 1990s.

Some call me crazy. I prefer "Happy with benefits".
:neener:

1776 Shades of Freedom  *American Girl*

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #91 on: June 24, 2015, 01:34:50 PM
"ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

Even in the dating phase, people with the ENFJ personality type are ready to show their commitment by taking the time and effort to establish themselves as dependable, trustworthy partners."

What's crazy is that all of this is so accurate! In the careers section it says people of my personality type are counselors... Which is what I'm going to school to become.  :tu:  The way I am in relationships is very accurate. It wouldn't let me copy so I had to screenshot.

Very cool!

That is interesting.  I had you pegged as an ESFJ.
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: June 24, 2015, 05:34:14 PM

Very cool!

@JustUrEyeCandy

Just in case you don't know.
This is a complement.
ESFJs out-number ENFJs ~3:1
If you were an ESFJ, I'm probably going to reach for my vampire kit.
If your ENFJ, I would want to meet you.
One letter makes a big difference.
You need to let your N shine.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:35:40 PM by kosmo »

• Forever little.
Reply #93 on: June 25, 2015, 02:21:39 AM

Very cool!

@JustUrEyeCandy

This is a complement.

Well, thank you for the compliment! What's the difference between the S and the N?
I keep expecting this place to be like Twitter, but for people trapped in the 1990s.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: June 25, 2015, 02:28:18 AM

Very cool!

@JustUrEyeCandy

This is a complement.

Well, thank you for the compliment! What's the difference between the S and the N?

It's more complicated than this, but this is a more simplified view of S vs N:

• Forever little.
Reply #95 on: July 06, 2015, 01:04:12 AM
I decided to retake the quiz because I felt that the description really wasn't me. My results changed and they hit the nail on the head.

I am an ENFP, the Campaigner.

A quote that sums it up best is:

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive."
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

I've always craved creativity and freedom alongside spontaneity and beauty. I also hate being micromanaged and I get bored very easily.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: July 07, 2015, 10:24:21 PM
I decided to retake the quiz because I felt that the description really wasn't me. My results changed and they hit the nail on the head.

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive."
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

I've always craved creativity and freedom alongside spontaneity and beauty. I also hate being micromanaged and I get bored very easily.

It's not too late to change your mind back to ENFJ.  Just sayin.

http://www.personalityrelationships.net/enfj-relationships/

Kosmo the "INTP"

• Forever little.
Reply #97 on: July 07, 2015, 11:26:03 PM

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Kosmo the "INTP"

I may have to! I wouldn't even know where to look to find an INFJ or INTJ!

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:11 AM

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Kosmo the "INTP"

I didn't look at the data until you made this comment.  I didn't realize INFJ and INTJ (males) are more rare than INTP. ... Assuming this data is correct.
http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/population-gender/

• Forever little.
Reply #99 on: July 08, 2015, 03:46:30 AM

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Kosmo the "INTP"

I didn't look at the data until you made this comment.  I didn't realize INFJ and INTJ (males) are more rare than INTP. ... Assuming this data is correct.

Yeah, who knows. I'm basically screwed. I'll never find my psychologically perfect match. Lol

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:16 AM

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Kosmo the "INTP"

Yeah, who knows. I'm basically screwed. I'll never find my psychologically perfect match. Lol

I'm not a believer in looking for a perfect match nor that someone must be a particular personality type.  But if given the choice between meeting 100 people at random vs 100 people of particular, potentially compatible personality types, I'd pick the later.  Being social as an introvert (MBTI definition of an introvert) can be exhausting.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:53:13 AM by kosmo »

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #101 on: July 08, 2015, 02:40:31 PM
I just took the test again. It said I was a nutter.

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #102 on: July 08, 2015, 02:54:53 PM
I just took the test again. It said I was a nutter.

Nate
That's us mobile

That makes two of us.  :D

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #103 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:32 PM
INFP Personality (“The Mediator”)

Sounds about right...  ???

After I got permanent contract with the company I work for, they sent me to this "Potential Mapping" test, which I think was just testing the testing company, since I haven't heard anyone else been sent there afterwards..

Anyways, it was your run of the mill testing, logic tests, personality questions and then hour and a half interview

Did I mention I'm an extreme introvert... I was panicking all the time  :ahhh

:D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:19:45 PM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

• Forever little.
Reply #104 on: July 08, 2015, 11:21:02 PM
Looks like there are quite a few introverts on here! This is a great place with low stress for building relationships. Pretty cool. Glad I can be a part of the awesomeness.  :tu:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #105 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:52 PM
Looks like there are quite a few introverts on here! This is a great place with low stress for building relationships. Pretty cool. Glad I can be a part of the awesomeness.  :tu:

It's great for introverts. You spend all day dealing with people in whatever line of work you're in, then you get to soSmurfpillse on your own terms, dipping in and out as you like, without having folk round you, getting in your space and sapping you of energy  :D Plus I can fart as much as I like, and no one gets offended or grossed out :tu:  :rofl:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Forever little.
Reply #106 on: July 09, 2015, 01:16:35 AM

It's great for introverts. You spend all day dealing with people in whatever line of work you're in, then you get to soSmurfpillse on your own terms, dipping in and out as you like, without having folk round you, getting in your space and sapping you of energy  :D Plus I can fart as much as I like, and no one gets offended or grossed out :tu:  :rofl:

Minus the last part, I'm with you on that! Even though I'm an extrovert, I do enjoy my time at home. I spend my life talking to people all day. It's nice to get on here and win pfrsantos's GAW. Lol and making new friends!!

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
Reply #107 on: July 21, 2015, 03:11:24 PM

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #108 on: July 21, 2015, 03:45:55 PM
Looks like I'm an "Architect” (INTJ-T)  :D.

Two months ago I had an "evaluation" at work and one of the things my boss told me was that I had a lot of good ideas, but that I'm always way too cynical ...

INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results. Yet that cynical view of reality is unlikely to stop an interested INTJ from achieving a result they believe to be relevant.

:think:

By the way, the "evaluation" did not go very well ...  :whistle:

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #109 on: July 21, 2015, 05:59:29 PM
INTP Personality (“The Logician”)

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

Hey, another 3%er!  :D

"INTPs are known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic – in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the personality types.

They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. This makes it ironic that INTPs' word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it's not that they are dishonest, but people with the INTP personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners."

Get out of my head!!!!  :duel: :viking:

Edit: Puh, the second page was not as fitting as the first, some of the weaknesses were plain wrong (and I know my flaws...). I would have hated it to be "Common".  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:05:26 PM by RT1969 »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #110 on: December 21, 2015, 04:17:36 PM
On April 1st I got an ESTJ,  Executive result.
Today, 8 months later I got an ENTJ-A,  Commander, from a different site (A is fir Assertive).
The second axis changed and not just that, it is also the most weighted to the edge, Intuitive/Observant 78/22. All other traits are 53-73%.
If this measures personality, it shouldn't change in the course of 8 months.
But I am a Psychiatrist and my personality changed much with time, practice, therapy, knowledge. This final change is logical since I became a Director (Commander)  on July the 1st and my workload changed significantly. As a child I was surely (much) Introverted, (very) Observant, (always)  Thinking and (mostly) Judging and (less)  Assertive, a ISTJ-A. But what changes is behavior, not personality. So this test measures behavior and my current behavior changed the last 6 months and the last 6 years and I would never be extroverted if I wouldn't practice Psychiatry and Intuitive if I was not directing 550 colleagues over 8900 clients (patients). I know because I did that again 10 years ago for a two year period and my behavior changed again back and forth.
So, don't stick with the results. It's just behavior and you can change it, particularly if you get a more balanced result like 60/40.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #111 on: December 22, 2015, 08:07:17 AM
It says I am personality type INTP-A, "the logician."
They gave a scary accurate description of my thought processes and coping mechanisms.
The web site annoyed me, though, because I couldn't find anywhere on the site what INTP-A stands for.  It must be an abbreviation for something and if they told me what it was an abbreviation for I would understand it better. Now I'm going to have to scour the interwebs until I figure this out.  Which, by the way, is what I should be expected to do based on my personality type.

INTP stands for Introverted, Intuition, Thinking, and Perceiving according to Carl Jung's Theory of Psychological types (1971).  I found the explanation here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/type
but nothing on what the -A sub-set stands for, so I can only surmise that it is something that the people behind the original link came up with to further incentivize purchasing access to their premium profiles, or buying the $32 dollar books they're trying to sell.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:26:26 AM by Alan K. »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #112 on: December 22, 2015, 08:19:04 AM
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Look at the table on the right with the 16 personality types description (clickable).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:20:05 AM by kkokkolis »

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #113 on: December 22, 2015, 08:33:15 AM
OK, found what the -A stands for.

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals.

They pretty much nailed that one too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD