Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So... what's next?

665ae · 16 · 2832

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
So... what's next?
on: January 11, 2007, 03:44:07 AM
I just realized that aside from a Buck 360 I'm waiting on, I don't have anything on order.  What tool should I pick up next?  I'm thinking about a LM Core, but I've also been thinking I should pick up a SOG.  I have no idea which one though.

What's your next tool going to be?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline plowboy

Re: So... what's next?
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:12:05 AM
My next one will be the Leatherman Charge AL.  I don't have a Leatherman and thought I should get one sometime soon.

:)

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:17:56 AM
The tools that I want to get next are the LM Charge AL and the SwissTool Spirit S.  Of course there are about 10 other tools that I want after that and 10 other SAKs after that. :D
"

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 04:24:25 AM
I was thinking of getting a Gerber Diesel or perhaps the freehand.  I like the outboard opening tools of the freehand.  Has anybody had the opportunity to try any of the victorinox tools.  How are they?   

I have a SOG and I believe that it is one of the finest tools available today.  The leatherman wave that my wife got me for Christmas is a fine tool as well.  I already have a gerber multiplier and it is on duty 24-7 in my car. 

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:38:49 AM
Go for a SOG Powerlock...I think my search for the perfect multi is over now that I carry one, although I'm waiting for some serious discounts so I can try a Wave and Swisstool (the two main contenders as far as I can tell).

Today alone I repaired a tape measure, pulled box staples, gave myself a haircut, and opened a beer with the Powerlock.  The weight is good also...not so light you might lose it and not know, but not heavy enough to be a problem.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 05:47:31 AM
I decided to deal with my issues and ordered one of those Tiger Stripe SOG's. It was only a matter of time I suppose. I held out for a good week or so.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 05:53:52 AM
I decided to deal with my issues and ordered one of those Tiger Stripe SOG's. It was only a matter of time I suppose. I held out for a good week or so.
You have to give us tons of pics when you get that one J-Sews.
"

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 06:17:38 AM

A week?  Wow, that's a really long time :)

Now you need a Tiger Stripe Knife, and that Surefire Defender flashlight... then you'll be so "tactical" it'll be scary  :P
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 11:37:52 AM
I am thinking I will have to break down an get the Core soon.  Other than that, I dunno- I am kind of direction-less at the moment.  One o fthose Paladin tools would be nice though...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Cheviot

Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 12:25:44 PM
Package arrived last week with a mint still in box PST 8) then this morning postie delivered a used but v.good Bucklite 355 8) 8)
Next one will have to be a Sideclip, although I may have to wait a couple of weeks before I go for it.
Two multitools in less than 2 weeks takes a bit of justifying to non believers. (wife etc..)

Stay Safe

Rob
S

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 04:15:20 PM
After looking around I think I will order the swisstool spirit. 

J-SEWS, are you talking about the SOG trident folder?  I have one of those.  It is really light and has a great blade shape.  Assissted opening is a plus too.  The groove in the handle doesent actually work wonders though.  I prefer the Sog shroud cutter on the multitool.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 08:21:16 PM

Now you need a Tiger Stripe Knife...

Hmmm, yes....  Something from Atwood perhaps?  :o
- Terry

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 03:41:58 AM
J-SEWS, are you talking about the SOG trident folder? 

No, but after checking out this cool PowerLock, I might have to get a Tiger Stripe Trident too!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 03:44:41 AM
Now you need a Tiger Stripe Knife, and that Surefire Defender flashlight... then you'll be so "tactical" it'll be scary  :P

Q: How much tactical is "too tactical"?

* tss.jpg (Filesize: 114.57 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 03:48:14 AM
I think you not only crossed that bridge, but blew it up behind yourself! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 06:42:33 AM
I agree with Def... you're so tactical it IS scary!  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%