Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Danish Knife Law

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Re: Danish Knife Law
Reply #60 on: May 28, 2015, 02:55:02 AM
That really sucks.
In Holland the knife law is pretty good if you compare it with the rest of the dumb laws and rules. You are allowed to carry any knife except for fixed blades , folding blades of 20 cm. you are not allowed to carry a knife in public.

But the restriction on all knifes, even SAKs :facepalm:

Do you have a lot of knife related fights/incidents in denmark?

I have tested it and i can open my Swisstool X one handed with some hand gymnastics :D

I hate it when the rules go too far.
"you are not allowed to carry a knife in public." <- So if carrying a SAK or other folder, it has to be with good reason, such as work, hunting, hiking, etc?

I haven't really heard about any knife-related cases recently. About 4 or 5 years back, there was a good deal, but right now, I feel like we hear more about shootings than stabbings.  :think:

Anyway, the election has officially been announced, so sometime in the next 3 weeks, some politician is problably gonna promise to take a look at it, if they get elected and then never get around to doing it anyway. So far, I don't see any change in the works, but you never know.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #61 on: May 28, 2015, 04:33:22 AM
I'm the milk man!

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #62 on: May 30, 2015, 12:06:10 PM
That really sucks.
In Holland the knife law is pretty good if you compare it with the rest of the dumb laws and rules. You are allowed to carry any knife except for fixed blades , folding blades of 20 cm. you are not allowed to carry a knife in public.

I have tested it and i can open my Swisstool X one handed with some hand gymnastics :D

"you are not allowed to carry a knife in public." <- So if carrying a SAK or other folder, it has to be with good reason, such as work, hunting, hiking, etc?

There are thousends of reasons to carry a SAK  :climber:, tell that the next time a cop is trying to give you a hard time. He wil shut up. :twak:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #63 on: May 30, 2015, 01:18:18 PM
Don't do that, he/she will most likely charge you on the spot.  :twak:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: May 30, 2015, 01:43:04 PM
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: May 31, 2015, 09:51:55 PM
That really sucks.

There are thousends of reasons to carry a SAK  :climber:, tell that the next time a cop is trying to give you a hard time. He wil shut up. :twak:

I randomly ended up using my Sideclip in church last week, I was rather flattered that the lady that asked kind of expected me to have something knifey with me.

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #66 on: May 03, 2016, 05:59:03 PM
Even though this is and old topic, I think it's time for an update, since the Danish knife laws are about to change from the 1st July 2016. Knives that can be opened one-handed - whether by design or the dexterity of the user - will no longer be illegal, as long as they are carried with reason (work, hunt, camping etc) or in your own home.
However... The government wants to act harder on knives in the nightlife. To an extent, this makes sense - you don't go out dancing and drinking with a 4-inch blade in your pocket. But having something like a Victorinox Solo in your pocket when going out for dinner, might be considered breaking the law. Still, I doubt that any LEO will do anything about it, in that particular setting, unless you're acting in a threatening manner.

I'm looking forward to when the law comes into effect and I'll hopefully get a chance to talk to a police officer about the exact meaning of the law.
Being a person that always carries a knife - even if I'm going to a movie or going out for dinner - I would hate to not being able to carry my Spartan with me.

I'll try to post updates, as I learn more.

This is a link to a pressrelease from the Department of Justice, regarding the new knifelaw, in Danish. Hopefully, you can run it through Google Translate, without it being too messed up. :)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 11:50:09 PM
Thank for the update mate.   :cheers:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #68 on: May 12, 2016, 07:50:06 PM
Cool! :climber: