Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Broken Surge T-shank holder

sg Offline killerbee

Broken Surge T-shank holder
on: May 30, 2015, 08:59:25 PM
Hi Everyone! I broke my Surge's T-shank Tool holder. Any idea on how I can fix this? I am living in Singapore and I am not sure where to send it for repair... or am I better off looking for someone selling LM spare parts for it? TIA!
DSC_1072-.jpg
* DSC_1072-.jpg (Filesize: 161.48 KB)

nl Offline anditsgone

Re: Broken Surge T-shank holder
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:24:50 PM
Contact the shop where you bought it from. They have bought it from the firma that imports Leatherman tools to Singapore. They handle the warranty cases.

us Offline Neko2

• I have too many and not enough.
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:03:59 PM
Hi Everyone! I broke my Surge's T-shank Tool holder. Any idea on how I can fix this? I am living in Singapore and I am not sure where to send it for repair... or am I better off looking for someone selling LM spare parts for it? TIA!

How?
I just got myself a Surge and I want to make sure I don't repeat whatever caused yours to break.

sg Offline killerbee

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 11:51:31 PM

How?
I just got myself a Surge and I want to make sure I don't repeat whatever caused yours to break.

I tried to fix the wobble by pressing the T-shank holder with pliers, instead I broke it. Your surge will be fine with normal use and abuse. 

sg Offline killerbee

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 12:07:12 AM
Contact the shop where you bought it from. They have bought it from the firma that imports Leatherman tools to Singapore. They handle the warranty cases.

The problem is I didn't bought the tool locally here. I am not sure if they honor the warranty.

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 12:53:37 AM
I suggest you email any leatherman dealer in your area, ask where to send warranty items and go from there. I have bought plenty of used / broken leathermans and had very little issues with the warranty department. In Australia our local warranty department is Zen Imports. You could even contact them?
darren

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:45:12 AM
On the Old Surge there is wobble with T shank saws so I've used shrink tube with some success.  It does widen the holder a bit and over time with repeated use with the shrink tube the "door" doesn't stay closed so you'll have to squeeze it to tighten it again.

Good luck on the warranty.   
Esse Quam Videri

sg Offline killerbee

Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 02:42:25 PM
Thanks Aloha007 for that information. That is why maybe they revised the t-shank holder on the newer surge. I will try to contact the one listed on leatherman website for our country. Thanks Daz.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 03:00:52 PM
Thanks Aloha007 for that information. That is why maybe they revised the t-shank holder on the newer surge. I will try to contact the one listed on leatherman website for our country. Thanks Daz.

You are right.  All the best in getting this sorted out.
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 12:00:17 AM

You are right.  All the best in getting this sorted out.

IMO no improvement was made.  :(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD