Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best scale colour for resale

Corwyn · 13 · 1250

Poll

What scales colour gives best resale value for a 91 sak? Ex: Spartan

Red Cellidor
5 (13.5%)
Black Cellidor
5 (13.5%)
White Cellidor
6 (16.2%)
Camo Cellidor
1 (2.7%)
Ruby
1 (2.7%)
Sapphire
2 (5.4%)
Silvertech
8 (21.6%)
Anything Plus (note that these require buying the pens as well)
6 (16.2%)
Anything Nylon
1 (2.7%)
Other
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Best scale colour for resale
on: May 28, 2015, 08:13:30 AM
I guess we all resell what we have extras or just don't like that much. Some more often than others.
Most of us run into lots and those have often bad scales.
So which scales do you think bring the best resale value to an old sak (let's say a Spartan).
2 votes allowed (so you can choose Ruby Plus for example)

Note 1: I am including regular, generally available spare scales for 91 mm, so no Wood, Silver, StayGlow or some limited/custom colour scheme.
Note 2: Just put in what you think people would like best and pay the most for, not what you like best...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Re: Best scale colour for resale
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:33:27 PM
Small Bump to catch some Extra opinions of those who didn't see the thread before...  :whistle:

Strange so far, it seems Black is gaining followed by Red, I'd have thought Camo and Ruby would clean the table... shows how well I read people...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:49:09 PM
I guess we all resell what we have extras or just don't like that much. Some more often than others.
Most of us run into lots and those have often bad scales.
So which scales do you think bring the best resale value to an old sak (let's say a Spartan).
2 votes allowed (so you can choose Ruby Plus for example)

Note 1: I am including regular, generally available spare scales for 91 mm, so no Wood, Silver, StayGlow or some limited/custom colour scheme.
Note 2: Just put in what you think people would like best and pay the most for, not what you like best...

Funny you ask that, I just recently got a Spartan and a Climber fitted with Plus scales. I guess that answers your question...

:salute: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 09:15:17 PM
I would recommend black plus scales for resale purpose.
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:14:30 PM
In my opinion it does not matter for cellidor models what color the scales are when pertaining to resale.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 10:18:00 PM
Very true as there so easy to change  :salute:
Weasel

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 10:26:13 PM
In my opinion it does not matter for cellidor models what color the scales are when pertaining to resale.

Guys... don't think like your regular, adorable crazy sak-aholic selves (which I also am)... think of the Sheeple who only buys a Spartan and wants it to it either look really cool and different... or maybe just red as we all know "proper saks can only be bright red"

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 10:59:49 PM
Personally I'd love a pair of Oynx 91mm scales  :drool: - couldn't care less what's sandwiched between them.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 11:17:19 PM

Guys... don't think like your regular, adorable crazy sak-aholic selves (which I also am)... think of the Sheeple who only buys a Spartan and wants it to it either look really cool and different... or maybe just red as we all know "proper saks can only be bright red"

In that case I would say white and silvertech.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 11:47:36 PM
I haven't sold enough 91s to know for certain, but my Silvertech Climber seemed to sell almost before I posted it.

I imagine the plain red scales are LEAST desirable overall, simply because they are ubiquitous. But I personally tend to like Red, ruby, and stayglow the most for their visibility.

I'd say stayglow if it were an option. But I voted the next most desirable (to me, and in my experience), Silvertech.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 03:22:32 PM
Among other SAK Nerds, like here, unusual colours will sell best, I think.
In my experience on eBay, Plain red goes well, maybe because it´s THE Swiss Army knifes colour in the common conscience?

Sometimes Different scales fetch higher prices, but mostly on the multi layered SAKS.

Offline Mr. Blonde

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 04:15:42 PM
Emerald green, because I don´t have one.

But, i would´nt buy new scales just to sell a Spartan. I pay for 2nd hand Spartans usually 1-2€. With fancy scales maybe 5€. That´s not worth to buy new scales for them.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 04:36:29 PM
Ive only tried flipping SAKs with red/black/white scales.  The white were snapped up fastest.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62