Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Time Lord badge request

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Time Lord badge request
on: June 25, 2015, 11:07:01 PM
Here are some pics of my watches, hope you guys enjoy them  :salute:.

My Casio's:

Here are my Seiko's:

Here are my Suunto's:

I also own a titanium Polar and a Polar S725X (for use on the mountainbike), but I can't seem to find any pics of them ...  :think:

Hope I qualify for the Time Lord badge  :dd:.

Greetings from Belgium  :salute:.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Time Lord badge request
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 12:00:54 AM
Wow, some great looking watches.  :tu:  What is the one second photo on the left? Do you have a favourite?

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:47 AM
I'll post my thoughts about them tomorrow.

I need some time to type posts like that and right now I should already be sleeping for quite some time (it's 0.24 here and I need to get up for work at 4.30 :ahhh).

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:27:41 AM
I understand, thanks.  :cheers:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:32:30 AM
By the way, the one on the second photo on the left is a Casio Sea-Pathfinder with titanium wristband, I believe ZED also has (or had) one of these.  Don't know the module type, I'll take it out of its box tomorrow  ;).

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 12:10:15 AM
So, the titanium Sea Pathfinder is the SPF-40 T-7V model, it's a great looking watch, with a sweet compass mode (thanks to a blue second display layer on top of the one showing the time and the other stuff).  I wore this one on my wedding day.  It was the watch I wore when I went to something "fancy" like family reunions for example, but then I noticed I only wore it for like twice a year, and since this "monster" sucks all the life out of its batteries (all four of them ...  ::)) in about two years, I ended up wearing it like 4 times in between battery changes  ::).  So after getting myself a black Seiko monster I decided to take the batteries out of the Sea Pathfinder and store it in its box untill I get to use it more often again.

Which brings me to my Seiko monster.   I read a lot of good things about the monster watches here and on Watchuseek, so I had to give it a go ...  Turned out I immediately loved it and it replaced my Sea Pathfinder for "fancy" occasions.  And no battery problems with the Seiko  :D.

Along with the Black Monster I ordered myself a Black Seiko Aviator.  When they arrived at my home I was a bit surprised by how small the Aviator was,  I was used to some big watches, like the pathfinder, or my Casio Riseman, or my G-Shock, and this Aviator was a lot smaller, so it took me a while to get used to it.  It's a great looking watch, and the "see-through" back is just awesome ...

The first pic shows my first G-shock, my DW-6900.  It was one of the first gifts from my wife.  And it's the watch I wear the most, since it's been the watch I wear to work for the last 18 years or so.  After my DW-6900, and later my Sea Pathfinder, I bought myself two solar Casio's, my Protrek PRW1300Y (the all black one), and my Casio Riseman.  Both are tough Solar watches and both have the multiband option, which makes sure they always tell the right time.  The Riseman is a real G-shock, build like a tank and feeling very solid, I added a small sylva compass to its strap, to make it a true ABC watch (since the Riseman has no compass function, like the Sea Pathfinder, or the black Protrek).

And last but not least, my Suunto's.  I bought myself my Suunto Core All Black version when I found it at a discount price at a local shop, I wore it during my vacation to Austria last year (I even took my Riseman with me in my camera bag, because I wanted to have a back-up, in case the Suunto failed on me ...)  But it never did, I even bought myself a second Core (the regular one) when I found it, again at a nice discount price at a local shop.  And ever since the Core is my favorite watch to wear, nice and big display, easy to read (the All Black is okay, but the one with the regualr display is just a bit easier to read in my humble opinion).  They feel a lot lighter and more comfortable on the wrist than my Casio's.  Oh, and thanks to the fact that you can "tell" the Core how to interpret any change in air pressure (altitude change or weather change) its altimeter is a lot more precise than the ones on the Casio's.

P.S.  See, I told you it would take a while to type this  ;).

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 02:08:28 AM
An excellent post, thank you very much.  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31