Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] TEC Accessories 9th Anniversary Giveaway #2

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
As you might have already noticed by the prize in the Bottle opener Challenge thread, we have a new company sponsoring a few of our giveaways this year, TEC Accessories.

Not that it's a new company, they've been very well known in the gearhead community for a while now, nor new to MTO, as Tom, the owner, has been a member of MTO for years now, albeit not a very active one due to other obligations.

Well this year they decided to come out from the lurker hideout and treat you guys with a few of the goodies they have in their store.  :hatsoff:

So what are we giving away this time?

Two, yes two prizes will go to two lucky winners, one to each. The "ruler in the round". :D

The Inchworm --> www.tecaccessories.com/Inchworm

and its metric sibling, the Centipede --> www.tecaccessories.com/Centipede

TEC Accessories says on their site that their uses include:
Check your tire tread depth
Check the width of a broken fan belt or hose for replacement
Checking screw lengths
Comparing different product sizes at the store
Job-related measurements
Visualizing the size of a product based on reading product size specifications
Comparing the physical size of a part with the product packaging specifications at the store (i.e. buying a replacement plumbing fitting)

Well my task for you is simple, add to it. :pok:

Pick a number between 001 and 500, think of other uses for them and add them to the list alngside with the version that would be of more use to you in your part of the world in the following format:

000 - enki_ck - Centipede -> picking out stones from the soles of your shoes ;)

If you could use both, add in both but put the one you'd rather have first, for instance ... - Centipede/Inchworm -> ...

Entries are open till Wednesday, the 22nd at 20:00h CET (server offset time), and as always, open worldwide to all MTO members of legal age to own a round, unsharpened, machined piece if metal. :D

Good luck to all who enter and a big thanks to TEC Accessories for their generosity.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:13:52 PM by enki_ck »

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: TEC Accessories 9th Anniversary Giveaway #2
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:53:22 PM
Thank for the GAW!

088 - Kampfe - Inchworm -> Use as toothpick.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
TEC Accessories 9th Anniversary Giveaway #2
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:55:42 PM
Thank you for the GAW kind folks

088 - Kampfer - Inchworm -> Use as toothpick.
316 -mrynnr - Inchworm - measure my hair length

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 09:56:48 PM
Great giveaway, but as I already have one, I would skip this one and let someone else a chance to win.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 10:04:11 PM
oh, that's great, of course I'm on the phone, so can't enter properly, but I'll do it properly tomorrow.

I use a ruler app on my phone very often to visualize the size of flashlights or knives I read about.

thanks for the gaw,  a very original item.

I'm reserving number 8 for myself for tomorrow :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:10:51 PM
 :woohoo:
This is so exciting, always wanted one of these.
Thanks TEC Accessories another great price :tu:

316 - mrynnr - Inchworm - measure my hair length
421 - Etherealicer - Centipede - Measure the depth of my Coffee, measure the size of bugs n' spiders (it would be too small for Australia though)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:55:41 PM
What a cool gesture from TEC  :tu:  Thank you very much for the chance.

Good luck everyone.

003 - Aloha007 - Inchworm - can be used as general pokey thing and as a scale for map reading.
421 - Etherealicer - Centipede - Measure the depth of my Coffee, measure the size of bugs n' spiders (it would be too small for Australia though)
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 12:00:50 AM
Kampfer, you should see your dentist more often. >:D

The Inchworm is 3/16" or 5mm thick. :P

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 12:01:34 AM
Thank you for the chance,  thank you TEC and MTO

003 - Aloha007 - Inchworm - can be used as general pokey thing and as a scale for map reading.
277 - detron - Inchworm -> determine screw and nail length, measure bugs, tons of uses
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 12:02:54 AM
Kampfer, you should see your dentist more often. >:D

The Inchworm is 3/16" or 5mm thick. :P
Who said for my teeth?  ;)
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 12:09:21 AM
Thank you TEC for the generosity and the chance!

277 - detron - Inchworm -> determine screw and nail length, measure bugs, tons of uses.
316 - mrynnr - Inchworm - measure my hair length.
327 - Capt. SPaulding - Inchworm - Measure my dogs nails so I know when to cut them.
421 - Etherealicer - Centipede - Measure the depth of my Coffee, measure the size of bugs n' spiders (it would be too small for          Australia though)
I'm the milk man!

au Offline bounding star

Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 03:33:13 AM
Nice giveaway, good to see another company sponsoring  :cheers:

173 - bounding star - Centipede -> sizing up things for cutting, getting at hard to reach things
277 - detron - Inchworm -> determine screw and nail length, measure bugs, tons of uses.
327 - Capt. SPaulding - Inchworm - Measure my dogs nails so I know when to cut them.
421 - Etherealicer - Centipede - Measure the depth of my Coffee, measure the size of bugs n' spiders (it would be too small for          Australia though)

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 03:38:47 AM
Ah that's a pretty cool looking tool!  Thanks TEC!

173 - bounding star - Centipede -> sizing up things for cutting, getting at hard to reach things
233 - derekmac - Centipede -> Use it to measure how much insulation to strip off of wire.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 05:09:50 AM
Thanks TEC!

053 - Mike 56 - Inchworm-> measuring screws and hardware
233 - derekmac - Centipede -> Use it to measure how much insulation to strip off of wire.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

no Offline Grathr

Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 07:42:34 AM

Thanks TEC and MTO!

009 - Grathr - Centipede- scraping dirt out of and of things and measuring them.

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 07:49:34 AM
Ok, morning, everyone, let me do it properly  :salute:

008 - N_N_R - Centipede - flashaholic use - use it to visualize the different lengths of the new coming out flashlights. Or knives. Use it to actually draw a straight line.
009 - Grathr - Centipede- scraping dirt out of and of things and measuring them.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 08:43:41 AM
Nice GAW as always.

008 - N_N_R - Centipede - flashaholic use - use it to visualize the different lengths of the new coming out flashlights. Or knives. Use it to actually draw a straight line.
042 - Lister - Centipede - Stirring the sugar in tea if the tool is still clean enough.
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

hr Offline styx

Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 09:50:07 AM
027 - styx - cleaning your ears
042 - Lister - Centipede - Stirring the sugar in tea if the tool is still clean enough.
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 02:36:19 PM
Thank you, enki_ck and TEC!
 :salute: :tu:

042 - lister - Centipede - Stirring the sugar in tea if the tool is still clean enough.
136 - pfrsantos - Centipede - a way to talk about MTo and convert others to the steel religion
327 - captain spaulding - Inchworm - Measure my dogs nails so I know when to cut them.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:40:07 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 03:00:00 PM
Sitting this one out, as I already have a Centipede, just wanted to thank the organizers and the sponsors for a cool giveaway!  :tu:

us Offline abcdef

Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 04:49:15 PM
Thanks for the gaw.   

042 - lister - Centipede - Stirring the sugar in tea if the tool is still clean enough.
136 - pfrsantos - Centipede - a way to talk about MTo and convert others to the steel religion
311 - abcdef - Inchworm -> egg cracker, tiny kubaton
327 - captain spaulding - Inchworm - Measure my dogs nails so I know when to cut them.

us Offline Havoc

Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 02:44:56 AM
Fun GAW, thank you!

121 - Havoc - Inchworm -> Magazine disassembly tool

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 04:24:58 AM

448- red_rider_1979 - Centipede - to determine my students' accuracy in their geometric construction of triangles (I'm an elementary school teacher)
[/quote]

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 04:29:46 AM

You're gonna tickle your assailant with it to buy time for your escape?  :rofl:

ca Offline JP

Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 04:40:20 AM

047 - JP- Centipede - punching in my Interac PIN

448- red_rider_1979 - Centipede - to determine my students' accuracy in their geometric construction of triangles (I'm an elementary school teacher)

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 05:09:18 AM
198 - raistlin65 -- Inchworm -> punch holes in cardboard

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 12:15:49 PM

069 - dks Centipede -> small scratching post

:cheers:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 01:00:07 PM
Thank you for a chance. Looks very useful.

313 - Crow - Centipede - Measuring screws, measuring thickness of materials.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 01:34:48 PM
Thank you for a chance.  :salute:

400 - Chako - Inchworm - To teach students how to measure in Imperial.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline SAKchief

Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 01:37:00 PM
Sweet Giveaway

Thanks!

400 - Chako - Inchworm - To teach students how to measure in Imperial.

465 - SAKchief - Centipede - to stir sugar into my coffee

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD