Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

European canoe trip help.

Gareth · 39 · 1785

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: European canoe trip help.
Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 12:51:51 PM
Just realised that I never did update this thread.  My friend and I are heading for Oslo tonight and heading over to Lunde tomorrow.  From there the hire company are giving us a lift down to the Landsmarka area.  We'll be paddling around for a few days until Wednesday.  After a night in Lunde we then are going to try and strike it rich by heading down a silver mine on Thursday.  From there we head back to Oslo to take in the local museums etc.  High on my hit list are the Viking Longships and the Kon-tiki and Ra II.

Huge thanks to Grathr for putting up with my barrage of questions. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 01:22:53 PM
I can't wait to see the photos!

This is going to be a great trip and I am very envious!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:32 PM
Have a great trip!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 03:15:32 PM
I did a trip to north Norway fjords about 20 years back... Best time of my life ever! Just hoping to get back some day...

:cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

gb Offline Philby

Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 03:48:46 PM
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:53:48 PM by Philby »

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 04:08:20 PM
I have not much experience in Canoeing, in fact my only trip so far is all experience I have, but it was a fine trip. It´s been a while since then, but the Mecklenburgische Seenplatte in Germany, Mecklenburg Vorpommern is really a nice place - The waters are timid so inexperienced paddlers won´t getr frustrated but there is enough lakes, canals and rivers to keep you paddling for weeks.

I was there in the early nineties as the leader of a scout group and we mostly camped wild or on little campsites along the shores and riversides. You can hire canoes in nearly every place around the lakes.

There are some nice little rivers in my area liek the Lahn and Sieg where you can Canoe, too. Some rentaly even offer hiring someplace and pickup a few days down the river.

If Germany is interesting for you, I can have a look for current rentals and locations.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #36 on: July 25, 2015, 04:57:09 AM
Just realised that I never did update this thread.  My friend and I are heading for Oslo tonight and heading over to Lunde tomorrow.  From there the hire company are giving us a lift down to the Landsmarka area.  We'll be paddling around for a few days until Wednesday.  After a night in Lunde we then are going to try and strike it rich by heading down a silver mine on Thursday.  From there we head back to Oslo to take in the local museums etc.  High on my hit list are the Viking Longships and the Kon-tiki and Ra II.

Huge thanks to Grathr for putting up with my barrage of questions. :cheers:

Sounds like a great trip!  Check out the Fram museum, across the street from the Kon-Tiki museum (I enjoyed it a lot more). Fram was Nansen's ship in the Arctic, and Amundsen's ship in the Antarctic. An excellent museum on polar exploration. Also check out the Folkemuseum, next door to the Viking ship museum.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:26:26 AM by ColoSwiss »

no Offline Grathr

Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 07:41:30 AM
Have great trip!
Looking forward to lots of pics!

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 09:51:57 AM
I have not much experience in Canoeing, in fact my only trip so far is all experience I have, but it was a fine trip. It´s been a while since then, but the Mecklenburgische Seenplatte in Germany, Mecklenburg Vorpommern is really a nice place - The waters are timid so inexperienced paddlers won´t getr frustrated but there is enough lakes, canals and rivers to keep you paddling for weeks.

I was there in the early nineties as the leader of a scout group and we mostly camped wild or on little campsites along the shores and riversides. You can hire canoes in nearly every place around the lakes.

There are some nice little rivers in my area liek the Lahn and Sieg where you can Canoe, too. Some rentaly even offer hiring someplace and pickup a few days down the river.

If Germany is interesting for you, I can have a look for current rentals and locations.

Seems like I had a mental misfire as I was quite late to your party... :facepalm: Maybe keep germany in mind for a future trip and enjoy this one!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%