Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anything to do with motorcycles, scooter, etc...

Chako · 1171 · 31717

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Re: Anything to do with motorcycles, scooter, etc...
Reply #960 on: June 30, 2020, 01:16:22 PM
Pics of the valley
20200630_132218.jpg
* 20200630_132218.jpg (Filesize: 247.61 KB)
20200630_132214.jpg
* 20200630_132214.jpg (Filesize: 294.81 KB)
20200630_135007.jpg
* 20200630_135007.jpg (Filesize: 327.28 KB)
20200630_135030.jpg
* 20200630_135030.jpg (Filesize: 279.69 KB)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #961 on: June 30, 2020, 02:43:31 PM
Love the pics great views :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #962 on: June 30, 2020, 04:25:48 PM
Pics of the valley

Cool. So, tell us...

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #963 on: July 01, 2020, 02:15:19 AM
Cool. So, tell us...

Mine was very green, this one however, is monochrome...

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #964 on: July 01, 2020, 01:41:39 PM
Mine was very green, this one however, is monochrome...

Not quite. If you look closely, you'll see...

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #965 on: July 11, 2020, 01:32:50 AM
It finally rained and hard! We’ve had 90° HOT weather, and with this rain it dropped the temp by 20° so after it stopped raining I got a break and tested a theory on my recumbent trike, sure enough it worked, Im taking out the lever action steering to a handlebar type, took some work but after 3hrs it’s set up, the nice thing is those necks and split handlebars can turn and rotate to just about any position as you can see in the pics, ones out to the side and ones upright, so all to make it comfortable, so that will come with fine tuning, next up is setting up the peddles and drive then the breaks,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #966 on: July 11, 2020, 11:48:11 AM
Hi JR,

That is starting to look really good. The flames on the wheels arches are a nice touch  :D

Pete

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #967 on: July 11, 2020, 04:03:53 PM
Hi JR,

That is starting to look really good. The flames on the wheels arches are a nice touch  :D

Pete
Thanks you like that? I might have a little surprise for you then,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #968 on: July 11, 2020, 05:42:26 PM
That looks very interesting. I have never sat on a recumbent...they do look very comfortable.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #969 on: July 11, 2020, 11:13:07 PM
It is interesting, I need it so I can go for a bike ride with the Mrs, I can ride a bike, I’ve been able too since I was like 5, but now that my seizures are not controllable and I don’t know when there coming I’ll just flip the bike over, so with three wheels I’ll always be in balance, I’m also going to put a heavy spring on a brake, that’s held in with a cotter pin, cause every time I have one my hand pulls to so, if I can rig something as my hand pulls, it pulls the cotter pin releasing the spring locking the brake, thus, the bike don’t move! But I finished the peddle part of the frame today, used part of an old school John Deere bike! I switched the steering grips up a little since I see how much room I had to work with with the legs up, threw on a brake lever and an old school gear changer, it’s getting there!
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #970 on: July 12, 2020, 02:37:27 AM
Sorry to hear that MadPlumbarian. I can see where that bicycle is a necessity. Still a cool looking ride. I hope you get better, and will wish you the best.  :hatsoff:

I was able to make a nice ride to St. Joseph Island last Sunday. The ride around highway 548 is one of my favourite short rides. The scenery is varied, as is the roadway. There is plenty of wildlife that you just never know what will happen on the roadway...and this is one of the dangers of riding on the Island (always have to keep an eye peeled for deer trying to get run over). This particular trip was memorable because I had a very close encounter of the furry kind that shocked me somewhat. On this tour, I had to stop twice. The first time, for 3 female turkeys that slowly walked across the roadway. The second however was quite the experience. On a long flat stretch, I could see a singular deer standing in the middle of the road. I thought the deer would have left long before I got there, but that wasn't the case. I slowed down and ultimately had to stop around 150 years away from the deer. As we both stared at each other for what seemed like a very long minute, I heard some rustling to my right. I looked and another deer came out of the forest, walked right up to me, and I kid you not, gently head butted my right leg in a sort of greeting or something. Once the doe did that, she walked in front of my motorcycle and calmly crossed the road. Once she disappeared, the front guard followed. It happened so quick, that my mind had to take another minute to process what just happened. I am glad the deer didn't decide to bite and kick me. More so that it wasn't a bear. That was a first for me.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St+Joseph+Island/@46.1895139,-84.0837215,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d368990252ad0d1:0xe2cf8bff9e84a57f!8m2!3d46.2227098!4d-83.9667213

Here is my ride at the marina located in Hilton Beach. One of two little towns located on St. Joseph Island.

20200705_085527A by Chako, on Flickr

And me thinking what just happened 35 minutes ago!

20200705_085513A by Chako, on Flickr

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #971 on: July 12, 2020, 03:16:13 AM
Thanks Chako, it’s always been in my bucket list to ride on a motorcycle, especially a HD,
I lost my license 12yrs ago when I had my accident and everything I drove was pre 2000, I asked my kid one day jokingly (him, Mrs, and me) we’re just out shopping having some fun, and he drives a 2013 camaro (stick) and shockingly he said sure, I was like I can’t drive! He ends up pulling into an empty mall parking lot, puts the brake on, cuts the engine, and gets out, tells the Mrs to get out, dad jump in! I started it up, moved the stick around to get a feel, and let the clutch out, weee, of course the kids sitting next to me with his hand on the ebrake the whole time, but did a few circles, forward and backwards few “8” he was shocked I didn’t stall it, come on it’s like riding a bike once you learn and get a feel you don’t forget!! But I drove again, well kinda and in a sports car!
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #972 on: July 12, 2020, 04:27:51 AM
Too bad you can't find someone with a trike or a sidecar to scratch that itch.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #973 on: July 12, 2020, 04:47:38 AM
Too bad you can't find someone with a trike or a sidecar to scratch that itch.
Sooner or later someone might take me for a ride around the block, although a ride in an old military sidecar would be cool! Imitation guns on the front, lol..
JR

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #974 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:16 AM
Sooner or later someone might take me for a ride around the block, although a ride in an old military sidecar would be cool! Imitation guns on the front, lol..
JR

I'll say it again: US Inmates, please take this man for a ride!!!  :D

The bike is looking really good JR. Thanks for keeping us posted. I find your journey to the finished bike very interesting, including your excellent engineering skills.

If you ever get to Oz, I WILL take you for a ride!!!

Cheers, Pete

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #975 on: July 12, 2020, 11:45:10 AM
Awesome story Chako. It sounds like the deer are getting used to people. I would not want to have to avoid / hit one of them as high speed. I don't think that ends well. We have similar issued with kangaroos. At least not all of them are as big as deer, and they are mainly early morning or late afternoon risks. Very seldom during the day.

The bike looks really nice.

Cheers, Pete

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #976 on: July 12, 2020, 11:46:08 AM
Thanks you like that? I might have a little surprise for you then
JR

Fantastic  :woohoo:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #977 on: July 12, 2020, 12:33:55 PM
I am probably stereotyping this but I am now imagining a kangaroo kicking me off my ride. I will stick to these ninja deer.  :rofl:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #978 on: July 12, 2020, 02:05:16 PM
What a cool and scary meeting Chako  :ahhh
That deer must of liked you :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #979 on: July 12, 2020, 02:08:04 PM
I think pietervn is correct. That deer must be someones backyard pet. A fully wild one would never do that I would think.It was an experience though.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #980 on: July 12, 2020, 02:09:46 PM
I have never seen deer do anything like that
Normally as soon as they see you they run away

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #981 on: July 12, 2020, 06:11:01 PM
I'll say it again: US Inmates, please take this man for a ride!!!  :D

The bike is looking really good JR. Thanks for keeping us posted. I find your journey to the finished bike very interesting, including your excellent engineering skills.

If you ever get to Oz, I WILL take you for a ride!!!

Cheers, Pete
Thanks it’s just taking forever, it just sucks cause I need someone watching me, I can’t do anything by myself in case I have a seizure while doing something like running the grinder to cut the frame and start cutting body parts,, :whistle:
Anyway what color do you think I should paint that?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #982 on: July 13, 2020, 01:19:57 AM
Got to work on it again today, I worked on the chain, I figured by just placing the one pulleys under the seat would work to Guide the chain to the back, boy was I wrong! It would after going through the pulley then hit the frame, so how do I get the chain up and over the frame to get to the rear gears? Well I used an S gear shift, as you can see behind the seat, but then the bottom part of the chain it’s going to hit, so I put a half of a shift on that bar under that reflector but since I brought the chain down then it was rubbing on the front of the frame, like :rant: :rant: :rant: give me a break! Anyway I busted the other chain off the bike I cut up and connected the two, but as you can see it only goes back to behind the seat, so I need a 3rd chain, funny thing was how I did the aligning, I took paracord and wrapped it around the front gear, and made the route tightened it up and imitation chain, flexible too, I guess it’s good for mechanical stuff too? But I had to raise the whole trike up so I can work on the bottom, getting there!!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #983 on: July 18, 2020, 11:16:12 PM
Well, got a little time in the garage, the blue caster you see under the seat I had to reshape it, I had it like \/ shaped, so the chain wouldn’t really ride on anything but the two sides so I had to cut it to a \__/ shape so that there was a flat surface for the chain to ride on.. well that one wasn’t to hard, the new one I got that sits behind the seat, well, he was a little mean! I started cutting it and then a glob of rubber/plastic that wasn’t done cooling stuck to my finger, OUCH! I tried flinging it off then used a file to quickly scrape it off cause it was stuck and burning! So I had to go over to the outdoor faucet and run some cool water over it which I really couldn’t feel, it just wasn’t going my way, anyway, I mounted the new caster on the back after I got it cleaned up, then remounted the other one under the seat and now the chain has total pull on top from front to back, no springs or anything, so totally solid for good torque, now the under half that can have play, I still have to put something to keep the lower part off the upper, because it looks fine in this pic but, that’s because I have the chain caught on that bar..
JR

So still have the bottom part of the chain, shifter,  brakes, and if it works cosmetics,,

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #984 on: July 20, 2020, 08:29:00 PM
Had some more time, and completed the chain setup, I threw on a quick shifter to see if i can peddle it down the street and it worked, made some noises, it shifted, needs some work with steering because there’s two bars that limit it from turning it to sharp and well, I couldn’t even make a u-turn without hitting the curb, so I think those are getting cut off, but it’s getting there.. here you can understand the bars,,
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #985 on: July 20, 2020, 08:52:10 PM
 :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #986 on: July 20, 2020, 10:01:01 PM
Keep us posted MadPlumbarian. I am really interesting in seeing where you are taking this.  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #987 on: July 21, 2020, 02:30:09 AM
Keep us posted MadPlumbarian. I am really interesting in seeing where you are taking this.  :tu:
I’m trying, I might remove the lower gear section and install what others have which is a tube, basically less restriction.. on another group I got yelled at for having the 2nd pulley on the top by some lady, I told them there was no way I could get around the seat and frame without using it, and she says, then it was a poor design! Yet someone else is the one who said to put the second in order to make it totally solid! That lady shows me a pic of their trike, it had freaking disk brakes on both front and the back, the chain was spit polished, it had a mirror, and was probably built using freaking laser cut metal and machine welding if you get the point, a good $5k trike, all while here’s me using scrap parts and just nuts and bolts.. I think I’m a good $50bucks into it? And yet it made it down the street and back!
JR

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #988 on: July 21, 2020, 04:33:09 AM
Such a long chain - you need a driveshaft!  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #989 on: July 21, 2020, 04:51:57 AM
Such a long chain - you need a driveshaft!  :D
Just need one of those electric wheels so I don’t need a chain, which means I wouldn’t have to peddle :whistle:
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%